presidential family suite costs?

Pat&Liz

My stepdad was talking about cabins today over dinner, and we were discussing the possibility of doing a big cruise and vow-renewal for my Dh and my 10 year anniversary.

I told them there was a presidential family suite that could fit 8-14 people in it, and he asked how that compared 'per head' to booking several other balcony cabins?

Because you can't look online to see presidential family suite prices, could someone that has cruised in one before tell me if the cost was lots of £$ more than balcony cabins?

(I know you can't give me specific costs, it was more of an interest question than specific, as my 10 year anniversary is still 6 years away! lol)

• Haha 1

My stepdad was talking about cabins today over dinner, and we were discussing the possibility of doing a big cruise and vow-renewal for my Dh and my 10 year anniversary.

I told them there was a presidential family suite that could fit 8-14 people in it, and he asked how that compared 'per head' to booking several other balcony cabins?

Because you can't look online to see presidential family suite prices, could someone that has cruised in one before tell me if the cost was lots of £$ more than balcony cabins?

(I know you can't give me specific costs, it was more of an interest question than specific, as my 10 year anniversary is still 6 years away! lol)

I think you will have to call rsvn.

1. It REALLY depends on time of year. Prices vary depending on that old favorite, supply and demand. School holidays? Prices MUCH higher, for example.

2. Who knows where prices will be in six years. Or you. ;)

I would, but we're talking in 6 years time as a maybe. lol. I just wanted to get some kind of idea of whether you pay through the nose for sharing the pfs, rather than having seperate cabins.

A simple yes - it's lots more expensive or no - it works out about the same, would suffice!

I was with a group on the FOS last September and got information on the Presidental suite. The cost was $21,000 for 16 people - about 1312.00 per person, didn't go with it though.

Mark.

Edited by malackym
  • Like 2

We travel during school time. My toddler will be 8 by then, but if it's a BIG trip, I'll pull him out of school. I'm a teacher, so not worried about him missing out and not being able to catch up as I'll tutor him on what he misses! lol

I was with a group on the FOS last September and got information on the Presidental suite. The cost was $21,000 for 16 people - about 1312.00 per person, didn't go with it though.

Mark.

Thanks - seems like if you wanted a good party and could fill the beds, it'd work out quite reasonable!! Thanks for the info and answering the question!! :D

• Like 2

Prices depend on demand...you have to call for the prices...it's a phone call...will only take 2 mins!

Sometimes the price for the Pres. Suite will appear on the RCCL website.

Until tonight the price was showing for Allure 11th Dec sailing in the Pres. Suite.

^That's about what we're paying for that suite on the Freedom in October. It will pretty much NEVER be around the same price as a Balcony or lower category Cabin, but the experience should be wonderful.

We're doing a payment scheme with our friends and family where the people with the two masters are paying more than the people sharing the two smaller inside rooms.

Also, no matter how many it says it holds I would not put more than 12 in that cabin. This is from past experience in a Royal Family Suite which is basically half of a Presidential Family Suite. Putting more than three people in the inside rooms is a crime unless they are VERY small children, and I wouldn't put people out on the sofa bed cause that's where people are going to want to hang out.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Old thread but...

For May 5 night Bermuda for 3 people with a D+ discount:

Stateroom Stateroom Total $11,821.98 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2 Guest 3

Cruise Fare: $6,999.00 $6,999.00 $979.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $156.66 $156.66 $156.66

Discount: ($125.00) ($3,500.00) $0.00

Per Person Total: $7,030.66 $3,655.66 $1,135.66

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I know this post was from a while ago but since you said your 10 year anniversary was awhile away maybe your still looking for the price.

We just booked a cruise on nov 26, its an 8 night carribean on the freedom of the seas. We payed a total of $8134.12 for the presidential suite for 8 people.

1. 3000$

2.1864$

3-8th: 545$

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
I know this post was from a while ago but since you said your 10 year anniversary was awhile away maybe your still looking for the price.

We just booked a cruise on nov 26, its an 8 night carribean on the freedom of the seas. We payed a total of $8134.12 for the presidential suite for 8 people.

1. 3000$

2.1864$

3-8th: 545$

We just got a similar deal. The prices on this suite have really come down from what I am seeing. We are going March 26, 2017 there are 8 of us.

1: $2574

2: $1399

3-8: $549

Seems like a great deal for a family cruise. I'm happy. Just hoping the obstructed balcony is not too much of an issue.

• Like 1

Just curious? If you can book it for say 10 people what is the sleeping configuration? How many bedrooms are there?

On Freedom class:

Two master bedrooms: 2 people each

Two other bedrooms: 4 people each (2 in the bed(s) and 2 pullmans)

One sofa bed in the living area: 2 people.

Thanks! Wished I'd priced it out when our family cruise first opened. I didn't know it had 4 bedrooms which is what we needed. I am sure it's gone now for May or if not too expensive. One balcony and 3 insides have already increased almost 3 k since we booked. The kids will be happy regardless. Maybe someday if we hit the lottery...

• Like 1

We are in an 2 bedroom Aquatheatre suite in January 2017 on the Harmony with 8 people and have potentially others joining us and I called Saturday to see how much the Presidential suite was for 14 people, It was 20,140. I thought this was a really GREAT price myself if many people are contributing to the cost and those over 21 have the ultimate drink package with anything they want and includes gratuities and unlimited specialty dining... all that is worth a lot, atleast for my group, but keep in mind that all that comes when the new Royal Suite Class rolls out, which isn't until May 2016 and only on Oasis and Quantam Class ships.

As a general rule, expect to pay less booking 4 cabins. In my experience, the PS always costs more than booking separate rooms. Remember though...you're paying for suite services too. Occasionally a last minute deal will pop up and the room will be in general inventory. Not going to help with a special occasion you'll want to plan though.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

We booked ours a year ago by called RC, they happen to have a deal that day and we were able to get this suite for around $9,000. There are 10 of us going so wasn't bad at all. Just have to call and see what deals they have. we are going in December before the holidays.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/17/2016 at 8:57 PM, KelJ said:

This thread is five years old:eek: Maybe the OP is ready to book that anniversary cruise!:p

I too, hate when people dredge up an old thread, but I need to settle a bet with my wife.  Are there presidential suites on the Oasis?  I say they were reconfigured (eliminated) years ago, but a web search still has them showing available only through a travel agent.  Can someone give enlighten me?  Also, there was mention of a "royal" suite.  I believe there only remains  a royal loft suite.  Thanks for any info.

7 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

I too, hate when people dredge up an old thread, but I need to settle a bet with my wife.  Are there presidential suites on the Oasis?  I say they were reconfigured (eliminated) years ago, but a web search still has them showing available only through a travel agent.  Can someone give enlighten me?  Also, there was mention of a "royal" suite.  I believe there only remains  a royal loft suite.  Thanks for any info.

No 4-bedroom suites on Oasis or Allure, but they are on Harmony and Symphony. We have the one on Harmony booked for next August for 8 of us. It’s a few dollars less than our Aquatheatre Suite was on Oasis in 2018. 

Kids were sold by the hot tub on the balcony🙄🙄

mac_tlc 

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2011 at 6:24 PM, Pat&Liz said:

I would, but we're talking in 6 years time as a maybe. lol. I just wanted to get some kind of idea of whether you pay through the nose for sharing the pfs, rather than having seperate cabins.

A simple yes - it's lots more expensive or no - it works out about the same, would suffice!

either scenario is possible, based on all the factors already mentioned .