Who has reached Pinnacle Club status on C&A?

Thank you. Now you need to teach me how to put two quotes in one box. :D

Hi. See where you normally click on "Quote"? The box next to it has a + sign and quote marks. Click on that one and it turns red. Go to the next person you want to quote and do the same thing. It turns read too. Now, hit Post Reply at the bottom of the page and both quotes will come up in the reply box for you. Edit as necessary (take out the part you don't need, or do what I like to do and make the relevant comments red - it really stands out. :)

Yes, as stated, only 2 are allowed. It used to be more. Now if you want to really multi-quote, it involves opening several browser windows, multi-quoting, copy and paste like crazy, and such. It can be done but it takes some time. But it can be done and I always appreciate when someone here does it. :D

Sometimes I'm wrong-headed and my posts on this thread are an example of me being wrong-headed. I sincerely apologize and hope you will accept my apologize. The "tone" I took is not what I want to be about. I'll leave you in peace and wish you good fortune. Bonny

Hi Bonny

Thanks for that

I hope you really enjoy cruising as we do and am pretty sure you do as having done a number of cruises suggest that

Look forward to catching up on a cruise

Take care and live well

Greg:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I started reading the thread, I couldn't believe how low the numbers of Pinnacle and Diamond Plus members reportedly were. Then I noticed Page 1 of this thread is over three years old... :D

So in those 3 years, it looks like the Pinnacle ranks have gone from about 160 to 670. When the thread started, there were about 5,500 D+ members at the time. Then later in the thread, it was reported there were over 10,000 by then. Anybody know the current number of D+?

Hi. See where you normally click on "Quote"? The box next to it has a + sign and quote marks. Click on that one and it turns red. Go to the next person you want to quote and do the same thing. It turns read too. Now, hit Post Reply at the bottom of the page and both quotes will come up in the reply box for you. Edit as necessary (take out the part you don't need, or do what I like to do and make the relevant comments red - it really stands out. :)

Yes, as stated, only 2 are allowed. It used to be more. Now if you want to really multi-quote, it involves opening several browser windows, multi-quoting, copy and paste like crazy, and such. It can be done but it takes some time. But it can be done and I always appreciate when someone here does it. :D

Thank you for the instructions.

Makes me laugh I just replied to someone else on this thread and hadn't noticed your reply as I was working through my email updates and hadn't got to yours.

If I had I could have tried it out:rolleyes:

Still a relative newbie to posting - at least I'm experienced cruising;)

I would be very interested to see in the next 10 years if there are more or less pinnacle members. And if those pinnacle members who are still alive are even able to cruise. I'm sure this thread will still be around in 10 years so I'll check back then.

signed, a lowly emerald. Wait, did I just reduce my existence to a cruise loyalty status?!?!? Aaagggghhhhh :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I think in the 21st Century as cruises appeal to the younger demographic and young families there will be more pinnacles. Families are now choosing to do more cruising then have to plan visa's, flight and misc items. the next few years are certainly going to be interesting in regards to the C&A program.

I think in the 21st Century as cruises appeal to the younger demographic and young families there will be more pinnacles. Families are now choosing to do more cruising then have to plan visa's, flight and misc items. the next few years are certainly going to be interesting in regards to the C&A program.

Will be very interesting in deed to see what happens

Just boarded for my pinnacle cruise

I would be very interested to see in the next 10 years if there are more or less pinnacle members. And if those pinnacle members who are still alive are even able to cruise. I'm sure this thread will still be around in 10 years so I'll check back then.

signed, a lowly emerald. Wait, did I just reduce my existence to a cruise loyalty status?!?!? Aaagggghhhhh :rolleyes:

Not all Pinnacles are ancient, you know.:eek: I'm only 60 so hope to have another 20+ years of cruising. See you in a decade!:D

Not all Pinnacles are ancient, you know.:eek: I'm only 60 so hope to have another 20+ years of cruising. See you in a decade!:D

I'm not yet 50

With you on that

I know lots only in their 50s

And some in their 60s

Will be very interesting in deed to see what happens

Just boarded for my pinnacle cruise

Congrats!

I became pinnacle on my last cruise which was an awesome feeling.

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

I became pinnacle on my last cruise which was an awesome feeling.

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Will do and congrats also to you

Just waiting to get into my room

Greg

I think it is far more likely that the number will grow dramatically, perhaps exponentially, over the next ten years. I believe that far more cruisers are reaching pinnacle level each year than are dying off or are no longer cruising. A simple look at how the numbers have grown in the few years since the pinnacle tier was established should indicate that the numbers will only increase, not decrease, as the general population increases and RCI continues to introduce new ships and new itineraries that will attract both new and veteran cruisers. Life expectancy figures show steady growth in the general population so there is no reason that the sub-class of cruisers will be any different.

I had asked a couple of weeks ago in this thread but didn't get an answer. Does anybody know the approximate current count of Diamond Plus members, as well as the latest number of Pinnacles?

I'll have a better feel for it when I'm on the AOS for the crossing, but last I heard was that there were over 12,000 D+ and getting close to 800 Pinnacle Club members.

So the numbers are growing. D+ being more than double of what it was 3 years ago, and Pinnacle Club.......from 160 to not quite 800.

What I don't know is the total enrollment of all C&A members. Sometime back it was over 6.5 million.

Rick

I'll have a better feel for it when I'm on the AOS for the crossing, but last I heard was that there were over 12,000 D+ and getting close to 800 Pinnacle Club members.

Not sure this is totally accurate. The missing factor is the number of Pinnacle and D+ who have either died or stopped cruising for various reasons.

Once reaching those levels, people will remain. RCCL does not remove people because they have been inactive, nor will they have access to death records. Someone cmaynot have taken a cruise in the last 5 years, but still be listed as a Pinnacle.

The totals therefore are skewed and not at all as dramatic as some would make them seem.

Edited by yogimax

I figure at my current rate, and choice of rooms on my typical cruise (2 7 night/yr in a JS) - I need 50 cruises to reach pinnacle. This of course is presuming they don't change the C&A in the next 25 years :)

Considering I'm 35 now - this milestone could be quite achievable for me :)

So the numbers are growing. D+ being more than double of what it was 3 years ago, and Pinnacle Club.......from 160 to not quite 800.

What I don't know is the total enrollment of all C&A members. Sometime back it was over 6.5 million.

Rick

It was mentioned on the Liberty in March that total C&A members was over 7 million.

Not sure this is totally accurate. The missing factor is the number of Pinnacle and D+ who have either died or stopped cruising for various reasons.

Once reaching those levels, people will remain. RCCL does not remove people because they have been inactive, nor will they have access to death records. Someone cmaynot have taken a cruise in the last 5 years, but still be listed as a Pinnacle.

The totals therefore are skewed and not at all as dramatic as some would make them seem.

Yogi........you question what is logical, not what Royal Caribbean C&A numbers show.

The Pinnacle Club was not started 5 years ago, but around the time that the Allure came out, which I think was 4 years ago. We celebrated our 100 cruise with Royal Caribbean in February of 2010, and that was before the Pinnacle Club was created.

There are a few "old timers" that are no longer cruising, but you would be surprised at how many of the original group that were made Pinnacle are still around.;)

As to D+ members, you may have a valid point, as it's much easier to get to D+ than Pinnacle.

So, the numbers may not be as "skewed" and are closer to what I mentioned, which is pretty dramatic......especially the number of D+.

When you think of the number of new C&A members, and Royal Caribbean is out there for first and second time cruisers to fill their ships, it does not amaze me that the number of C&A members now exceeds 7 million.

Rick

Edited by rubrrick
Added verbage

Yogi........you question what is logical, not what Royal Caribbean C&A numbers show.

Rick, not sure I understand. My point was that the numbers are inflated because they do not take into account those who are no longer cruising.

No one actually knows the RCCL numbers. It is all speculation based on hearsay from various sources. My point is that whatever the true numbers of members actually are will not be reflective of reality since they do not account for those who have left the program for various reasons.

The 2013 Annual report is available as a .pdf file at the investor relations website. http://www.rclinvestor.com

From that (pg. 21 of 108) GUEST SERVICES Section:

"Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and

Azamara Club Cruises offer rewards to their guests

through their loyalty programs, Crown & Anchor

Society, Captain’s Club and Le Club Voyage, respectively,

to encourage repeat business. Crown & Anchor

Society has over 7.8 million members worldwide.

Captain’s Club and Le Club Voyage have 2.5 million

members combined worldwide. "

The report is very interesting reading. Especially valuable IMHO to shareholders or cruisers looking for trends in the industry.

Edited by traveler/

Rick, not sure I understand. My point was that the numbers are inflated because they do not take into account those who are no longer cruising.

No one actually knows the RCCL numbers. It is all speculation based on hearsay from various sources. My point is that whatever the true numbers of members actually are will not be reflective of reality since they do not account for those who have left the program for various reasons.

And, I was agreeing with you, as your answer is the "logical" answer, or one that is taking everything into consideration.

And, you are correct, no one really knows those numbers, so the only numbers I give out is what someone that heads up the Loyalty department gives to me.

Rick

And, I was agreeing with you, as your answer is the "logical" answer, or one that is taking everything into consideration.

And, you are correct, no one really knows those numbers, so the only numbers I give out is what someone that heads up the Loyalty department gives to me.

Rick

Rick,

Thanks for the clarification!:)

• 1 year later...

I ran into this thread while looking for some informaton on diamond lounges. An interesting read....

Okay......it's been a year and a half. Where do we think the numbers are now?? It seemed half the ship was Diamond and above on my Vision TA in October.

Gotta be over 1000 pinnacles now??

15,000 - Diamond Plus??

8 million members of C&A??

Diamonds???