Would you choose Constellation or Equinox?

uktraveller

I have spent all morning comparing a 14 night exotic caribbean cruise on Constellation with a 10 night ultimate caribbean cruise on Equinox. I just cannot choose between them :o. They leave from the same port, the overall cost will be similar (we'll add a couple of days in Florida to the Equinox cruise) and they leave one day apart.

We love Solstice class and have an Equinox med cruise booked for this summer...so we know we will love that ship. But we also prefer port days to sea days and the Constellation cruise has 8 ports, 3 of which will be new to us compared to Equinox's 5 ports.

Which one would you choose?

Since you already have an S class ship booked, I would take the Connie this time. M class ships are wonderful (not as brand spanking new as the S of course). They also feature my favorite location - the T-pool! Connie is my favorite X ship and I'm sure you would have a great time. Just remember she will look a little more 'worn' than S class, but as long as you set your expectations on that point, you will be fine. She's a gem.

I love both ships, but if I'm selecting on the basis of ships I'd choose the Connie. The corner Aft cabins are great. Staff are constantly changing so staff comparisons are usually not valid, but the overall staff I met on the Connie during the last crossing were fabulous.

You cannot make a wrong choice. Sure you'll have a great cruise.

Since you already have an S class ship booked, I would take the Connie this time. M class ships are wonderful (not as brand spanking new as the S of course). They also feature my favorite location - the T-pool! Connie is my favorite X ship and I'm sure you would have a great time. Just remember she will look a little more 'worn' than S class, but as long as you set your expectations on that point, you will be fine. She's a gem.

I can cope with Connie being a little older....we love radiance class ships too and I believe they are a similar age.

I can cope with Connie being a little older....we love radiance class ships too and I believe they are a similar age.

The Connie recently was remodeled. They added The Bistro on 5 and the Tuscan Grille.

My wife and I had this same discussion a few weeks ago. We really like both itineraries, and love the M class ships, but even though I have sailed on an S class ship once, my wife hadn't, so the Equinox was our choice.

We are also going to spend 5 days pre-cruise in Florida, so our total time away is the same.

At least in our case, the Equinox cruise was substantially less for a similar cabin than the Constellation.

I have spent all morning comparing a 14 night exotic caribbean cruise on Constellation with a 10 night ultimate caribbean cruise on Equinox. I just cannot choose between them :o. They leave from the same port, the overall cost will be similar (we'll add a couple of days in Florida to the Equinox cruise) and they leave one day apart.

We love Solstice class and have an Equinox med cruise booked for this summer...so we know we will love that ship. But we also prefer port days to sea days and the Constellation cruise has 8 ports, 3 of which will be new to us compared to Equinox's 5 ports.

Which one would you choose?

I just booked the 14 night on the Constellation for next January. I have been on the Constellation and cruised on the Eclipse last summer. Love both ships but 14 days and the ports that the Connie will be visiting won us over (and the price)

We just did the Constellation 14 day cruise this past Nov. It was truly wonderful. That being said we are doing the 10 day on Eqinox this coming April. If I were you I would take the Constellation as they have solsterized it. Now has Tuscan Grille, new Martini Bar, Wine bar, Bistro on 5, Cafe Abacio, the staterooms have new carpet, drapes, and flat screen tvs. The itinerary is great and I am sure you will enjoy it. No Aqua class on Constellation but the food in the dining room and service was excellant.

Pat

Constellation ~ just for the extra days. That is exactly what we are doing later this month. Given the similar costs, I'll always take more days. And Constellation is a wonderful ship (even though I personally prefer Equinox slightly more). :)

I LOVED the Millie because of the THALASSOTHERAPY pool ./.THe connie has a LONger cruise ansd T pool ...WIN WIN

You will love the T pool I wish all Celebrity ships would have one ...heck ALL SHIPS .Imagine how great it would feel in Alaska after a day of trecking!!1

Apparently Celbrity is thinking about putiing them on ALL ships

DO IT PLEASE and I will sail them all

T pools are SO RElaxing WE used ours after packing before dinner on last sea day ...The waves from our ride made it a Wave pool ...GREAT STUFF warm sea waves DELIGHTFUL

GO WITH CONNIE

Michele

We just finished our 14-day Constellation cruise on Saturday, and we loved it! We have now sailed on both Equinox and the Solcitized-Connie and can compare them. The Equinox is a beautiful ship, new, and the restaurants are very nice. Yet, we really are partial to the Millennium-class ships because of their size and deck layout and having 500 less people on board. The remodeling really enhanced the Connie, and we enjoyed the benefits of the Solstice features like the Martini bar, Bistro on 5, Cafe al Bacio, Tuscan Grille, Cellar Masters, and the freshening up of the staterooms. It was the best of both worlds! We do enjoy dancing, and the RendeVous lounge is still the best place to dance before dinner. Trying to dance in the Grand Foyer while people are running into you trying to get up and down the stairs was difficult and led to many collisions. Anyway, we were very pleased with the changes to the Constellation and look forward to the similar Solsticization of Infinity this November. Given the choice, we'd definitely pick the longer Connie cruise over the shorter Equinox! It was a great itinerary and we'd do it again!

Where did you hear that T pools are being added?

Someone posted yesterday that T pools were being removed from M class to add more specialty restaurants!

Does anyone know? I love the T-pool and will miss it on Equinox.

We love S class but 4 extra days for the same price? Hands down, Constellation.

Our next cruise is on Summit. I'm a little sad that it won't be Solsticized yet because we will miss Bistro on Five and the Tuscan Grille, but we've got Silhouette to look forward to.

Archived