What Will You Be Reading on Next Cruise and Will It Be Book, Kindle or Nook?

aussieg3

What will you be reading on your next cruise? I love easy reading mysteries on vacation (Janet Evanovich, Sue Grafton) and will be bringing both on my next cruise. This is the first time I'll be bringing a Kindle rather than actual books on vacation. If I get tired of reading, I can always play Scrabble. I'm addicted!

What will you be reading on your next cruise? I love easy reading mysteries on vacation (Janet Evanovich, Sue Grafton) and will be bringing both on my next cruise. This is the first time I'll be bringing a Kindle rather than actual books on vacation. If I get tired of reading, I can always play Scrabble. I'm addicted!

Kindle

Kindle, and whatever strikes my fancy at the time. Lately, I've been on a Stephen King kick, currently reading Misery. And I mean the old classics, not the stuff he's written since the car accident that injured him. That stuff isn't the same too me, unfortunately... I rather read It or The Stand. :)

Kindle is what I have been using. I never have to worry about running out of books and it takes so little space. On a cruise I don't want anything too heavy and I am a sucker for J.D Robb (aka Nora Roberts) futuristic detective series so that is what I bring along. :)

Reading on an iPad. It not only has the iPad book program, but it also has the Amazon Kindle book program.

Not sure what I'll actually be reading in 3 months - that's too far away. Just finished reading "The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo" trilogy.

I'll probably stick to old fashioned paperbacks (as I go kicking and screaming into the future). It will probably be Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, or Nelson Demille. If Tom Wolfe has something new by then, he'll probably be the winner.

I was so reluctant to switch from "real" books to the Kindle, but packing has been a breeze. I read alot - so packing 15-20 books for each cruise - takes room. With the Kindle, I have room for other stuff.

I have a mixture of classics, trashy romances, mysteries, and J Auel's children of earth series - her new book is coming in March, so I like to reread the series before the new book is released.

I prefer books. I have problems seeing the electronic screen - serious eye strain! Plus, I belong to several book exchange programs were I receive or trade my books for free (so I have thousands of books in my house and hardly paid for any of them) I usually bring about 15-20 paperbacks on a cruise, and then leave them in the ship's library when I finish reading them. They are registered on the bookcrossing website, so I can track their journey as other people pick them up.

Reading on an iPad. It not only has the iPad book program, but it also has the Amazon Kindle book program.

Not sure what I'll actually be reading in 3 months - that's too far away. Just finished reading "The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo" trilogy.

So I recent read the first one (dragon), good book except it dragged to a close. Are the other two just as good?

Any Janet Evanovich. Stuart Woods, James Patterson or John Sanford. I have become a real Evanovich Fan. On our cruise on the Grand last October I happened to pick up the first Stephanie Plum series and am now half way through number 16. Being a senior I enjoy relaxing and reading on our cruises. :):)

Loved that trilogy!

And...I'm addicted to my KINDLE!!

Edited by mrsfecura

Kindle.

I read a lot of history and historical biographies. Just finished reading "Hadrian and the Triumph of Rome" (Everitt) and am now reading "Desert Queen" (about Gertrude Bell and her travels in the East). Next up: "Hero: the Life and Legend of Lawrence of Arabia" by Korda.

When I'm traveling I tend to read books related to where I'm going. Also love that you can download guide books on Kindle as well as your own notes (e.g., Word documents).

My wife gave my a Kindle for Christmas and I have loaded with "out of print" history books. My specialities are Anglo-Saxon Britain, Domesday Book, and a number of histories of the Rochester, NY area. I was never that interested in history in school but it seemed that when I turned 50 (that was some twenty years ago) the history bug hit me. Our next cruise is next month and it is 33 days so the Kindle will certainly be used.

Kindle2! My original Kindle died at 2 yrs old, when tech cpt couldn't resurrect it, they sold me a Kindl2 (3G connection) for $89, $100 off list! :D

I have loaded lots of FREE books from Kindle, and have begun reading "Straight Up, No Sipping" By George Stowers about crew life on a mega ship! Very good so far!

When you get bored with Scrabble, get the free game called Every Word on your Kindle, its great! Back to packing for me! 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALOHA!

Next cruise will be MP3 player and Nook. I can download audio and EBooks from my library for free on both of them. Will share the Nook with my DH. He likes heavy non-fiction tomes. Most of the time I will listen to books on the MP3. Occasionally, it's too loud for me to hear the MP3 and the Nook will then fill the bill. I know I can't download from the library to the Kindle.