Wow, Whats up with Celebrity?

Got an email from a very big online t/a and they have balcony staterooms on the solstice class ships in march and April for $599 3rd and 4th only $349 (and not guarantee rooms). Just for kicks I wanted to check rccl ships (line of choice of course) and they are at least double that of celebrity:eek:. When you pull up the cabin selection, there are a ton of rooms to choose from. Is celebrity not pulling their weight for RCL??

Thats just crazy over spring break for rooms that cheap. I wish rccl was too, but obviously RCCL has the ships of choice.

Got an email from a very big online t/a and they have balcony staterooms on the solstice class ships in march and April for $599 3rd and 4th only $349 (and not guarantee rooms). Just for kicks I wanted to check rccl ships (line of choice of course) and they are at least double that of celebrity:eek:. When you pull up the cabin selection, there are a ton of rooms to choose from. Is celebrity not pulling their weight for RCL??

Thats just crazy over spring break for rooms that cheap. I wish rccl was too, but obviously RCCL has the ships of choice.

I would think it would be full to capacity with all the smoke haters out there.

And many other sailings Celebrity pricing is sky high and RCI has deep discounts. Both Celebrity and RCI have so many sailings that some are bound to need to have sales after final payment passes to fill the ship. FYI RCCL is the parent corporation of both RCI and Celebrity.

Celebrity isn't exactly the first cruise line of choice for spring breakers and families traveling during spring break. They tend to lean toward the more family friendly lines like RCI, CCL, and NCL, so it doesn't surprise me X has such good rates for that time period.

I would think it would be full to capacity with all the smoke haters out there.

LOL I thought the same thing with the smoking thread that's going on now!!!

Wow I was just thinking the same thing as well!!! You would think the smoke haters would be flocking to Celebrity:eek:

Wow I was just thinking the same thing as well!!! You would think the smoke haters would be flocking to Celebrity:eek:

Perhaps those people whom you characterize as "smoke haters" are booking RCI instead on the theory that every cabin booked by a non-smoker is one less that is available for smokers. If enough of them subscribed to that theory they could conceivably turn an RCI ship into a non-smoking ship.;)

I'm often surprised at how inexpensively X prices out, particularly at what's considered "peak times." X used to be consistently more expensive... doesn't seem to be the case anymore after they expanded their capacity in the last few years with the Solstice class.

FYI RCCL is the parent corporation of both RCI and Celebrity.

Ummm, ok. I was thinking that RCCL is Royal Caribbean Cruise Line-The actual cruise line, and RCI is Royal Caribbean International- The parent company. And isnt the stock symbol RCI??

But if you say its the other way, ok.:rolleyes: And yes I know they are both owned by the same company, Thanks

Ummm, ok. I was thinking that RCCL is Royal Caribbean Cruise Line-The actual cruise line, and RCI is Royal Caribbean International- The parent company. And isnt the stock symbol RCI??

But if you say its the other way, ok.:rolleyes:

Stock symbol is RCL

But if you say its the other way, ok.:rolleyes: And yes I know they are both owned by the same company, Thanks

You had it backwards and, as Patti has indicated Royal Caribbean's stock symbol is RCL.:)

I love Royal Caribbean AND Celebrity. I will never hesitate to sail on either one. However, I love, love, LOVE Celebrity's smoking policy, and have many clients booking Celebrity over other cruise lines because of it. ;) It's attracting more of my clients than it is dissuading. And the Solstice class ships are a great size and absolutely gorgeous.

I don't think he knows my name....so it wasn't me or the other one, Carol. :D:D:D I use them all interchangeably, I didn't realize it was an issue of protocol. And frequently RCCL, as in Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, but both RCL and RCI get the point across.

I don't think he knows my name....so it wasn't me or the other one, Carol. :D:D:D I use them all interchangeably, I didn't realize it was an issue of protocol. And frequently RCCL, as in Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, but both RCL and RCI get the point across.

Bill DOES know my name! :eek:

RCCL = Royal Caribbean Cruises, LTD (Parent Company)

RCI = Royal Caribbean International (the actual cruise line)

RCL = Stock Symbol

Celebrity very often prices out below Royal....and I do agree that during family travel time even more so. However I think that X also needs to breath some new life into the line....sailed on Solstice in Jan and while service and food were excellent ....can we say snooze fest and overcrowded pool area.....I am in my late 40's and even an officer on the ship commented to my wife and I that we are too young for the line:eek:

Patti?

PATTI??????

PATTI?????????????????????

Oh, Bill! :eek: :p

I wish I could come up with a good excuse for mixing up two of my favorite CCers, but I guess I'll just have to claim it was another senior moment, CAROL.:( Too many of those unfortunately. Promise to call you by the right name on the New Year's cruise.:)

RCCL = Royal Caribbean Cruises, LTD (Parent Company)

RCI = Royal Caribbean International (the actual cruise line)

RCL = Stock Symbol

Thanks for the clarification.

As for the website, you know I cant tell or they will killl me:D. The first part is the first 3 letters of this webste and the last 3 letters is another word for a prisoner. I dont know if they will even let that through:eek: It was supposed to end yesterday but it still has that pricing this morning.

Celebrity isn't exactly the first cruise line of choice for spring breakers and families traveling during spring break. They tend to lean toward the more family friendly lines like RCI, CCL, and NCL, so it doesn't surprise me X has such good rates for that time period.

True, but those are still shockingly low prices. Wish I could do one of them.

I am a smoke hater and tried Celebrity last year . . . . it was so boring that when we got off the ship, we both commented that we didn't feel like we'd been on a cruise! We've about to go on Liberty next week and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the folks around us on the balconies are NOT smokers!

I am a smoke hater and tried Celebrity last year . . . . it was so boring that when we got off the ship, we both commented that we didn't feel like we'd been on a cruise! We've about to go on Liberty next week and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the folks around us on the balconies are NOT smokers!

Would the Celebrity activites be similar to HAL?

Celebrity very often prices out below Royal....and I do agree that during family travel time even more so. However I think that X also needs to breath some new life into the line....sailed on Solstice in Jan and while service and food were excellent ....can we say snooze fest and overcrowded pool area.....I am in my late 40's and even an officer on the ship commented to my wife and I that we are too young for the line:eek:
DD & SIL who are in their early 30's sailed on Eclipse in Jan. and they saw others in their age group or just above. They felt that the ship had a good vibe.

I like the idea of booking Celebrity if we cannot cruise in Jan. or Feb. and must go in March. Sounds like there would be less spring breakers.

I am a party girl. I had a GREAT time on the Celebrity Solstice. I was in the night club every night whooping it up, smoke-free. And yes, there were plenty of other people in there. The party didn't really get started until midnight.

No there aren't Sexy Legs and Belly Flop contests. I couldn't even compete in a Miss Biceps contest. But I survived it!:p

Archived