Gym shorts etc ~ Lido

MICHARCH

I notice that the fitness center is located on the Lido deck of the Statendam. If I grab a cup of coffee and danish at the Lido while wearing tee shirt, gym shorts and shoes then work out an hour or so and then go back to the lido (after a cool down) for breakfast, is this acceptable or do I need to go back to the room, shower and change? How casual is casual?

I notice that the fitness center is located on the Lido deck of the Statendam. If I grab a cup of coffee and danish at the Lido while wearing tee shirt, gym shorts and shoes then work out an hour or so and then go back to the lido (after a cool down) for breakfast, is this acceptable or do I need to go back to the room, shower and change? How casual is casual?

I go to the lido in gym clothes each day for my coffee, and then meet my daughter after my workout for breakfast...I have done this on the maasdam, and westerdam...never any problem or comments from my fellow passengers.go, enjoy:D

You'll be fine for breakfast or lunch - I wouldn't do it for dinner though - because (1) i wouldn't and (2) the fashion police are out ;):D;)

Seriously it is totally appropriate for breakfast and lunch :)

While aboard the Prinsendam last year I enjoyed most early mornings in the gym. After wearing myself out on the treadmill (with that lovely view aft toward the stern of the ship ... I much prefer the gym toward the back of the ship rather than toward the front), I would go up to the Lido, grab breakfast for myself and Christopher, and head down to my cabin to wake him up.

One morning I got to the gym a little later than normal, spent a little longer in the gym, and as a result when I got to the Lido I found Christopher already there, eating breakfast; so, I decided to sit down and eat breakfast with him. Unfortunately, after sitting there for a couple of minutes I realized that I could smell myself and that, if I could smell myself that easily, I must be reeking of perspiration ... which was rude in the extreme to my fellow passengers. So, I left with my breakfast to return to my stateroom.

In short ... it's not what one's wearing so much as how one smells when one has just come from the gym. :)

You'll be fine! I usually wear a warm-up jacket or sweatshirt over my T-shirt in the Lido. Enjoy your SADM cruise!:) No Danishes before or after your work-out though!:cool:

In response to dirtgirl's post, above, if I wore spandex I'd be checked out, too. Unfortunately it would not be quite the same. It would be my sanity and not my body that would be subject to scrutiny.

ROTFLMAO!!! My friend said everybody was turning around checking out my a**. I was so embarrassed (and all I was doing was grabbing food to take to the cabin) that I have never done it again! :o I order room service..

After working out for an hour, I would hope you could bring a change of clothes, shower at the gym and then have breakfast. I would hate to try to eat breakfast nearby someone who just came from the gym after a workout, if you know what I mean. Its only polite.

On the Veendam last September I observed a gentleman in the Lido wearing nothing but a lime green speedo eating directly out of the bread pudding tray. Holy Moly.

I was hungry! And you have to admit that my package is impressive!

On the Veendam last September I observed a gentleman in the Lido wearing nothing but a lime green speedo eating directly out of the bread pudding tray. Holy Moly.

Makes you wonder if people were raised by wolves. This is yet another reason why I don't like to eat in the lido.

Makes you wonder if people were raised by wolves. This is yet another reason why I don't like to eat in the lido.

I agree.

It was "his vacation," though, so I'm sure he felt it was his right to do whatever he wanted wearing whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. Who are we to judge? ;)

ROTFLMAO!!! My friend said everybody was turning around checking out my a**. I was so embarrassed (and all I was doing was grabbing food to take to the cabin) that I have never done it again! :o I order room service..

On behalf of all guys who enjoy checking out a** and anything else you girls care to show us *LOL*

I say stay on the Lido deck and walk proud :) :)

Archived