Oceania's Free Shuttles List

hoffdahl

That's a bummer. Oh well - we'll check out Cobh/Cork the week after next and see what there is to do from Ringaskiddy if we can.

In the Ports section, there is a thread I started when I first learned we were going to be docking in Ringaskiddy. Someone on there (local, I believe) has been providing some great information on how to get to Cork and Cobh, plus a bit of info on Kinsale, Jameson Distillery, and Blarney Castle. Also, since this is an Oceania board, we can all hope that most of us scheduled to dock at Ringaskiddy will have a shuttle provided by Oceania (to Cobh or Cork) and a tourist rep will be coming on board to answer questions about things to do in the area. Of course, Oceania is offering excursions, so those will go out regardless of where the port authorities decide we're docking!

How does one get from the Langelinie Pier to the central part of Copenhagen? I am on Oceania Marina in July.

Thank you.

We were there on a weekend (Sunday, I think, but I forget) and the bus at the end of the pier (#26) did not run that day. I had plotted out where to walk to catch the nearest weekend/weekday bus (about 10 mins. away) but in the end I just decided to walk along the water to the Little Mermaid. (She is probably about 10 minutes away - keep the water to your left!) From close to the Mermaid I found a stop for the city's water taxi and purchased a day pass at a ticket machine there. I took the water taxi to its stop near Nyhavn. I don't want to get too off topic here, since this is a thread on shuttles, and you're likely to be starting your cruise in Copenhagen, with no shuttle. However, if you'd like more specifics, you can email me at howardruthalliejoey@gmail.com. The water taxi was quite useful and inexpensive.

Edited by roothy123

Callao - Port for Lima - free shuttle to Miraflores (50 minute drive)

Guayaquil - free shuttle to town square

Manta Ecuador - free shuttle into Manta, you have to take a $10 taxi to Montecristi

For Lima, does anybody know where in Miraflores the shuttle stops and, presumably, it would also provide a return trip to the ship?

Will be there on May 5 & 6 on the Marina.

Does anyone know about the ports in the above towns? Or a website to research? Any free shuttles or can you just walk off the ship and into town?

Thank you...

Roothy is correct on Santorini..take the cable car up , then either rent a car or take the local bus to Oia. Beautiful little island.FYI, if it interests you, the excavation at Acrotiri is open again. Santorini (which in ancient times was part of the island called Thera) lies at the heart of the legend of Atlantis and was destroyed by a massive volcanic blast around 1300 BCE that also ended the Minoan civilization on Crete.

At Dubrovnik last August, we took the local bus from right outside the port (easy walking distance) to the Old City. Round trip cost was about 4 Euros per person. Quite surprised at how neat Dubrovnik was. It is a place I could go back to for a few days.

For Lima, does anybody know where in Miraflores the shuttle stops and, presumably, it would also provide a return trip to the ship?

Will be there on May 5 & 6 on the Marina.

It goes to the Marriott hotel (on the waterfront); it does provide a return trip as well.

Do not miss seeing the historical center of Lima (on a ship's or private tour)!

• 4 months later...

Back from the UK and 2 Norway ports; shuttle situation, in case anyone is still looking at this was:

No shuttle available in South Queensferry for Edinburgh.

Invergordon & Lerwick - no shuttles needed; town is right there. Look into shore excursions, private/shared tours, public transportation, taxis or rental cars if you want to go farther

Alesund, Norway - no shuttle needed. 10 min. walk to many sights and the land train, plus HOHO bus comes right by the port

Geiranger, Norway - anchor close to the small town; no shuttle needed. Tourist center, ticket office for bus/boat trips, etc. right there, along with a few shops

Hellesylt is just a pickup stop for people on shore excursions; nobody allowed off

Belfast - shuttle to city center (Belfast Welcome Center - Donegall Place)

Dublin - shuttle to Kildare Street near tourist info, Trinity College, etc.

Cork - we docked at Ringaskiddy rather than the more normally-assigned Cobh; no shuttle. Oceania tried to arrange one but couldn't; instead, provided a $39 roundtrip transfer to Cork with a guide on the bus (30 min. ride) and then we had 3 or so hours in Cork (worthwhile)

Portland - Shuttle to Weymouth's Brewer's Quay, a little south of esplanade (beach) area of Weymouth. Tourist info said it cost 10 pounds, but there was no charge for us. MUST take a shuttle or cab from port (no walking) due to high security. There was another shuttle at the port that went out to Portland Castle in case you wanted to visit the castle or pick up the 501 tourist bus that ran between Portland Lighthouse (southern tip of island) and Weymouth.

Barcelona, August 2011 Marina docked at Terminal C. Shuttle to World Trade Center where HOHO buses were available, or short walk to La Rambla (southern end, near statue of Columbus). Every 30 minutes.

At the ship terminal there is a bus that on the front says CRUISER

it costs about 3Eu round trip from hip to Colombus statue at bottom of LAs Ramblas..:D it is provided by the port

I am on Nautica in August - my first Oceania cruise. Just wondered about free shuttles in the UK ports - Rosyth, Invergordon, Belfast, Dublin and Cobh.

Thanks for any info.

Rosyth the port provides a shuttle to either take you to the exit of the port ( where you can grab a taxi)

or their is also a shuttle to take you to the train station ( about a 5 minute ride) $3.00 round trip for shuttle which they can charge to your shipboard account

the train into Edinburgh runs every 10 minutes or so, drops you right in center of town..easy about 6 pounds round trip for 2

from the train exit you can catch hoho buses or just walk around shops

We are booked on Nautica's Beijing-to-Bangkok cruise in March 2104. I'd appreciate information on where the shuttle service provided by Oceania drops of at in the city. Was there one drop off point or several? Do you remember where the points were? Can the shuttle on the day of debarkation to carry luggage?

Thanks,

David

We are booked on Nautica's Beijing-to-Bangkok cruise in March 2104. I'd appreciate information on where the shuttle service provided by Oceania drops of at in the city. Was there one drop off point or several? Do you remember where the points were? Can the shuttle on the day of debarkation to carry luggage?

Thanks,

David

Ah, what city are you asking about regarding the shuttle?? If Bangkok, there won't be a shuttle on disembarkation day.

On my recent Nautica cruise, at Rosyth we had a free shuttle to Inverkeithing Station (for Edinburgh etc). There was also a free coach to Dunfermline.

At Ringaskiddy (for Cork) the port came up with a free shuttle to Cork city (possibly following complaints from an earlier Marina cruise!)

Edited by Host Sharon

• 3 months later...

Sharon, glad to hear Oceania made a quick improvement to those unfortunate few docking in Ringaskiddy instead of Cobh!

Next cruise will take us to Funchal, Madeira Island, two ports in the Canary Islands, and Motril (near Malaga). I don't suppose anyone has info on shuttles in those ports, but thought I'd at least ask! Also, for the person who reported about Gibraltar, about how far is the walk, or how far is the walk to Casemates Square, where I understand I can pick up a public bus or a taxi?

Funchal is a very beautiful stop. We docked (Regatta) and just walked down the pier and that is that. All along the water front is a lovely level walk though the rest of Funchal is extremely hilly (covered in many blooming flowers and greenery (on THIS side of the island that is - the other side is quite dry)

Funchal is a very beautiful stop. We docked (Regatta) and just walked down the pier and that is that. All along the water front is a lovely level walk though the rest of Funchal is extremely hilly (covered in many blooming flowers and greenery (on THIS side of the island that is - the other side is quite dry)

Thank you. I'll be on Insignia, so I assume we will dock right there as well, with no shuttle needed!

• 3 months later...

Decided it was time to bring this back to first page so everyone wouldn't have to try to search to find it.

It has been a great source of information.

Am wondering for any travelers that did Taormina year. Did Oceania offer a shuttle service to the town?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have recent experience with shuttles in Marseilles, Monte Carlo and Barcelona. I am starting to make plans for our August cruise on the Riviera, and would be interested in what is available at these ports.

Does anyone have recent experience with shuttles in Marseilles, Monte Carlo and Barcelona. I am starting to make plans for our August cruise on the Riviera, and would be interested in what is available at these ports.

Marseille has a shuttle from port to town. I believe Barcelona has one to the Ramblas (there may be a nominal fee?)

Sharon, glad to hear Oceania made a quick improvement to those unfortunate few docking in Ringaskiddy instead of Cobh!

Next cruise will take us to Funchal, Madeira Island, two ports in the Canary Islands, and Motril (near Malaga). I don't suppose anyone has info on shuttles in those ports, but thought I'd at least ask! Also, for the person who reported about Gibraltar, about how far is the walk, or how far is the walk to Casemates Square, where I understand I can pick up a public bus or a taxi?

In Funchal, we were docked at the farthest pier and there was a shuttle. I don't recall if it was run by the port or Oceania.

In Motril, we had a private tour to Alhambra so I don't recall. The ship was docked and very close to the town of Motril so my guess is there wasn't a shuttle bus.