How close was your hotel from the ship?

The Pan Pacific Hotel at Canada Place in Vancouver has to be a close second or maybe even contender.

vancouver_home_760x600.jpg

Edit to add we did not stay there. Could not afford it AND the cruise.

When I saw the OP's photo, my first thought was that he was staying in the Pan Pacific. :D The two piers look similar and the buildings looked like Vancouver.

OP - What was your ship?

If I woke up and saw that out my window, Im pretty sure I would pee my pants with excitement.

When the Mariner used to sail out of San Pedro we would go to the Crowne Plaza for a night just to wake up and see her in port, even when we were not going on her. The hardest part was watching her sail out of port and not being on board.

Radiance from our room at the Holiday Inn by the Bay in San Diego. It's probably about 100 yards away, more or less. Click on the thumbnail for a better view.

I believe silentbob was on this cruise, but I don't recall if he stayed at the Holiday Inn.

radiance.jpg.19821c00da28d13943535bc35d1f7a75.jpg

The Pan Pacific Hotel at Canada Place in Vancouver has to be a close second or maybe even contender.

vancouver_home_760x600.jpg

Edit to add we did not stay there. Could not afford it AND the cruise.

i stayed there!! got a GREAT rate that was even cancellable thru a travel site...of course, OUR ship was at the Ballantyne pier...but we 'collected' about 10 ships in the 2 days we stayed there....my camera was going nuts!

BUT to the OP , that was pretty cool!!

It is the Legend of the Seas and we sailed to Sanya and Vietnam departing from Hong Kong on 23rd October.

How about the condo across the street from the pier in Sanya? Did you hear how expensive they cost? WOW... If you like seeing cruise ships those balconies overlooking that side end up pretty darn close to the ship.

Archived