Whoa.... A LOT of Posts

sail7seas

Gotta tell you, there is nothing better than cooking for someone who's been a war zone for two years! I could have served him my shoe and he would have loved it!

I did enjoy it, thanks Judy!

If i had cooked it, it would have been more like a shoe than steak LOL :-)

Glad he made it home safely!

Ahh..............you are too kind Judy - but what the heck what's once more post - seriously - we were about to have to shut down and now we are moving to a wonderful place - I have been working my tail off (why I wasn't on the boards when I got back from the Prinsendam much). I can't believe that my plea worked. Well, the animals are saved - the shelter is moving to a much better, healthier new place and I am looking forward to the New Year now.

Happy New Year to all the Animals everywhere and to my cc friends.:)

I am seriously in 7th heaven and it's not a cruise :D:D

Where is it moving to? I guess I don't read the paper closely enough? I suspect you must know Jan as she is very much involved with rescue dogs.

Wonderful news about the animals! Wouldn't it be great if we could bring our 'alert' little family creatures along on a cruise and thereby be less 'aloof' to how they feel when we leave them home?

(Hey, just trying to do my part toward the post count... and still keep in on topic!)

Wonderful news about the animals! Wouldn't it be great if we could bring our 'alert' little family creatures along on a cruise and thereby be less 'aloof' to how they feel when we leave them home?

(Hey, just trying to do my part toward the post count... and still keep in on topic!)

The problem with that is there may be ALARM when they all bark ALOUD :D

We need 19,705 more posts as of this AM. Will we do it before 2012?
Not likely. At the rate of posting for the last 48 hours, that's about 43 hours to go ... unless Saturday is a lot higher or lower than weekdays. With Australia/New Zealand folks starting their New Year's Eve celebrations about 20 hours from now (18:00 their time), it could slow down then. :)

Not likely. At the rate of posting for the last 48 hours, that's about 43 hours to go ... unless Saturday is a lot higher or lower than weekdays. With Australia/New Zealand folks starting their New Year's Eve celebrations about 20 hours from now (18:00 their time), it could slow down then. :)

Too bad. It would have been exciting to see for NYE. Maybe New Year's Day.

Where is it moving to? I guess I don't read the paper closely enough? I suspect you must know Jan as she is very much involved with rescue dogs.

Hi Sapper - we haven't announced it yet - probably in Saturday's paper. I just got the finalization on Friday for what I needed. Jan knows all about it. She was at the members' meeting with her husband Dan. BTW I used to work with Jan. Speaking of which, if you like animals, why not become a member? We're going to Bayside Drive!

sorry to take the thread off topic (if there is one):)

That's what my husband says too - however, for me, no. It's my vacation. Both the dogs and I deserve one. (guess who does most of the work with the dogs:rolleyes:)

But John......

You forgot all about Samoa not having a Friday this week. No one will be born or die on Friday, no legal papers will be signed, there is no Friday........

;) They are moving the date line to be in sync with Australia. They determined it's been too confusing being on a different day for too long.

So, don't count on any posts for the good people of Samoa today. They don't have a 'today'.

Well there is one way to get the posts up - on the thread that the Front desk was awful - won't be booking HAL again.............................

a cc'er just wrote that if their toilet wasn't working right, they would withdraw all of their hotel service charge and not tip the staff.

That should warrant a few posts:eek:

Truthfully, that one 'almost' left me speechless. :D We know that NEVER happens. :)

(These smiles in this post are my method of releasing a bit of shock and sadness anyone would post or think that way.)

16,700 posts to go to hit the magic number:D
Since the Carnival forum generates more than 3 times more posts than this HAL one, maybe some one (or more) of you who want to see it happen "this year" should go over there and try to get them interested in an all-out push for the next 35 hours! :D:D

We've been running 11,000 posts per day for the last few days, so 16,400 in 35 hours is quite possible.

I think it's going to be like watching your car odometer "roll over" a milestone to see the post count at 30,000,0xx. :)

But John......

You forgot all about Samoa not having a Friday this week. No one will be born or die on Friday, no legal papers will be signed, there is no Friday........

;) They are moving the date line to be in sync with Australia. They determined it's been too confusing being on a different day for too long.

So, don't count on any posts for the good people of Samoa today. They don't have a 'today'.

That's just weird. Can you imagine if a cruiseship was in that area when they change the date line. They would loose a whole day of their cruise, or maybe not! But where did the day go?!:eek:

But John......

Wow, that was an interesting lesson I just got there lol.

Poor Samoa. So they were able to say "Thank god it's thursday!" and have it be the end of their week! :-) Awesome!

That's just weird. Can you imagine if a cruiseship was in that area when they change the date line. They would loose a whole day of their cruise, or maybe not! But where did the day go?!:eek:

Tupelo, maybe? Or, Cincinnati? How about Tukwila?

Since the Carnival forum generates more than 3 times more posts than this HAL one, maybe some one (or more) of you who want to see it happen "this year" should go over there and try to get them interested in an all-out push for the next 35 hours! :D:D

We've been running 11,000 posts per day for the last few days, so 16,400 in 35 hours is quite possible.

I think it's going to be like watching your car odometer "roll over" a milestone to see the post count at 30,000,0xx. :)

well, we only have 15,300 to go:):):)

What the heck - I went over to Carnival and did it. After all, HAL is part of Carnival:)

Archived