Whoa.... A LOT of Posts

sail7seas

Thanks for the update, John.

I had hoped we'd reach it before the end of the year not that it matters in the least. I think it just makes it feel 'neat and wrapped up' :) to start the year on a round number, solidly footed. :D

As of a few seconds ago, there are 29,800,496 posts and they are being added at about 12,780 per day. So if you post a whole lot on Dec 23 you could be the 30 millionth! Also, just FYI CC is currently gaining around 396 members and 560 threads per day. The HAL forum adds about 25 threads and 430 posts per day. :D

You posted that on the 8th so I would have thought the 30 millionth would have been reached by now, even with your correction later of the number being added each day. But since the 30 millionth hasn't yet been reached, I'm thinking that preparing for Christmas and celebrating the Holidays kept a few people from posting on CC. The monumental post should be reached before the New Year though, I'd think.

I rarely let a day go by without reading CC even though I don't currently have a cruise booked -- budgeting difficulties. :o

I HOPE SOMEBODY STARTS A NEW THREAD WHEN WE REACH IT... many might not join this one and see it as it's been going on for a while...

I might just might start a thread titled "How do you feel about smoking on your verandah with the door open (with the A/C on) while wearing your tuxedo on formal night and drinking the booze you smuggled on board?"

That ought to get us up there in a hurry!

You posted that on the 8th so I would have thought the 30 millionth would have been reached by now, even with your correction later of the number being added each day. But since the 30 millionth hasn't yet been reached, I'm thinking that preparing for Christmas and celebrating the Holidays kept a few people from posting on CC. The monumental post should be reached before the New Year though, I'd think.

There were only 36,900 posts in the last week due to a very slack Christmas day. With 41,700 (ish) to go, and a rate of 8,200/day in the last two days, it looks like the 30M will be reached on Jan 2nd ... IF New Year's Day isn't also a slack day.

There were only 36,900 posts in the last week due to a very slack Christmas day. With 41,700 (ish) to go, and a rate of 8,200/day in the last two days, it looks like the 30M will be reached on Jan 2nd ... IF New Year's Day isn't also a slack day.

Unless we turn this into the longest thread in history;):)

Archived