What is the Best Wine Package on Celebrity

mcrcruiser

The wine packages prices are posted http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_wine_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_wine&ComponentTypeId=13&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

What is a decent price is up to you and what you choose. The prices are fixed by the choice you make.

We took the premium package and were very happy with the drinks and wine selection. We were able to choose several different types of wines by the glass during dinners instead of ordering a bottle.

On our recent 15 day cruise, we purchased the five bottle wine and dine package. The total cost of $399 included five dinners for the two of us in the SS United States and the wine. We were able to choose from a list of very nice wines - some costing more that $70 a bottle. Since the five dinners for two would have been $400 anyway, the wine was free. How can you beat free?

They also have a three bottle wine and dine package. Not sure what it costs.

On our recent 15 day cruise, we purchased the five bottle wine and dine package. The total cost of $399 included five dinners for the two of us in the SS United States and the wine. We were able to choose from a list of very nice wines - some costing more that $70 a bottle. Since the five dinners for two would have been $400 anyway, the wine was free. How can you beat free?

They also have a three bottle wine and dine package. Not sure what it costs.

That wine & dine package you purchased is fabulous:D. Where do we go to sign up for that one ?

Thanks in advance for your help:)

That wine & dine package you purchased is fabulous:D. Where do we go to sign up for that one ?

Thanks in advance for your help:)

We had to do it on the ship. As soon as you board, there will be tables set up and manned to sell the various beverage packages. Just tell the wine seller that you want to buy the wine and dine package. They then took us to the SS United States and we booked our five dinners. They charged our on board account on the first night we dined there for the amount of the package.

This was described in the July Celebrity monthly newsletter.

The wine packages prices are posted http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_wine_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_wine&ComponentTypeId=13&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

What is a decent price is up to you and what you choose. The prices are fixed by the choice you make.

We took the premium package and were very happy with the drinks and wine selection. We were able to choose several different types of wines by the glass during dinners instead of ordering a bottle.

I am not sure how I missed this one. Thanks for posting.

What do you mean by you took the premium? The "build your own"?

Is it unlimited? It looks like you can use at all the bars as well?

Thanks.

Where is the information on the wine and dine? We are going to be on a seven night cruise.

Thank you so much.

Here is the link. http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2011-07-06&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

Look at the fourth paragraph down.

Thanks.

We took the premium drink package which includes wine. It worked out to about $50 per day. Seems like a lot but at $12 per drink for some wines and cognacs, it adds up quick. It also includes all beers and soft drinks etc. For us, it was right.

We like the Build Your Own Package that offers a 15% discount on wine over $70 per bottle if you buy 3 bottles for at least $70 per. Since our choices are usually over $70 we get a 15% discount on every bottle we order for dinner. We also take advantage of the 20% discount coupons for elite members. Other than wine, we don't buy many other alcoholic drinks but take advantage of the elite social hour.

Mary Lou

Please understand that there are wine packages that are for bottled wines. I think a lot of the posts above confuse these with the unlimited beverage packages which include all alcoholic beverages but only include a limited selection of wines by the glass and do not include wines sold by the bottle. As for the bottled wine packages, which is what I'm guessing the OP was referring to:

We usually don't bother with any of the bottled wine packages. The packages are not available on all the ships anyways.

The reason we take a pass is that there are basically two types of packages: Packages that offer a modest discount but from which you have to choose from a limited selection of similarly priced wines, and a "Build your own" package which gives a discount on 3 or more bottles priced over $75 each.

We prefer to be able to select from the very wide selection of wines in a wide price range from the entire wine list on the ship. We don't drink many wines above the $75 price of the build your own package although we might have a couple each cruise as well as some at lower price points as well.

Also note that the wine packages have not been available on S class ships in the past (I don't know if they are now or not) and that if you are an Elite Captain's Club member you'll probably receive some coupons for discounts on a couple bottles of wine.

Thanks.

We took the premium drink package which includes wine. It worked out to about $50 per day. Seems like a lot but at $12 per drink for some wines and cognacs, it adds up quick. It also includes all beers and soft drinks etc. For us, it was right.

I was just a little confused. I thought there was something new. I have purchased the premium drink package on my last three cruises and I was able to find wines that I enjoyed.

Thanks.

I have read the previous posts and became confused. I know about the basic or premium packages. The wine packages offer minor discounts on full bottles. Ok. I have purchased, and made 4 nights of specialty restaurant reservations. I was surprised to learn that I could get a package of five nights for 2 people including 5 bottles of wine for the same price.(400$) I called celebrity since there isn't anything on their website regarding this. Evidently wine plus specialty restaurant packages are offered once onboard, and what I've spent will credit towards whatever special is offered.

Now I see why the everything included cruises are so popular!

• 2 years later...

I finally found the site using Google....celebritycruiseexclusives.com...Onboard Experience, Dining PDF The Bacchus package at $369 for 5 dinners and bottles of wine on the Constellation best deal, oh my, ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think you're right. I was finally able to get on the X website tonight and no, none of these packages.

Plenty of errors though! Who releases this stuff without having someone check it first??

We bought this same package after we got on the ship in 2012. It was my understanding that it was only available on board.

We are going on a 12 night cruise in August and I called Celebrity to see if it would be offered this time. I was told it had been discontinued. I hope customer service was wrong or that they bring it back! Has anyone seen this offer recently?