Newbuild Nbr 29 "little" Voyager of the seas

I am so impressed with your work! I am glad I stumbled across this thread today. Our very first cruise (in 2002) was on Voyager, so she holds a special place in my heart!

I look forward to more updates -

Thanks again for sharing!

Garren

• 2 weeks later...

It's great you enjoy seeing the updates. This got to lead a life on its own as at first I did not intend to keep this type of building diary but it turns out to be fun.

The Viking crown lounge is done and it is attached on top of the elevator shafts. I even made 2 elevators but they are hard to see, so waist of time and weight, but I decided not to remove them.

IMG_4407_zpsaeb5cc70.jpg

The roof of the Viking Crown will get the light to illuminate the smoke stack at the end, and the window washers equipment.

The smoke stack kan be removed. I did this on purpose, because I will build a big wooden crate after she's finished to protect the model. Removing the smoke stack will make the crate at least 3 inches lower saving space and weight.

IMG_4409_zps833c5e8b.jpg

The rock climbing wall.... Details like lighs and the "gates" to close that part off will follow later. ping pong tables... will all be added. The large glass on each side protecting the basket ball court will come soon.

IMG_4408_zps388d6daa.jpg

The basics for the golf course is painted. All details like benches, light fixtures, rocks, art,... will dress this part up real nice. Some railing will come at the rollers skate track.

The golf hut is in contruction now, will be ready in a week.

On the picture the color of the deck seems odd (almost yellow) . That is becasue of the lights. I will make a picture outside one of these days so the colors are more visible the way they are.

Jan

Edited by modelbuilder

I also appreciate the amount of detail that you are putting into this model.

I think that you mentioned that your target date for completion is the end of the year, do you feel that you are still on target? There seems to much detail to finish.

Great job!!;)

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everybody.

Around the years end the model should be ready. I have no contracts with anyone, so if it takes a bit longer so be it, but a new project is already waiting.

A few hundred painted passengers are already booked and waiting in a plastic container to be clued onto the decks. I have painted and bent 300 sunchairs and via liquid mold made a bunch of tables and chairs, so I just have to put them on it.

IMG_4432_zps8bc7d412.jpg

The end tips of the roof of the Viking crown is glued down and the green glass on the sides is added, but not completed yet.

IMG_4431_zps78c777f0.jpg

The golf hut is almost finished, needs some detailing and doors, and glued down.

The 2 balls are foam, and I just put them there temporarily for the picture, I need some smooth hollow light balls, like a smaller version ping pong ball that I can paint and mark like golfballs. I'll be going to look in some toy stores if I can find any.

The "rough" works are somewhat finished, now the details are comming. If you like details on models, keep an eye here, it is about to start now. I will begin with the helipad up front. This detailing is my favorite part of the model making.

Got to clean the model first becasue it is very dusty from al the sanding.

I have been hurring a lot to get it this far. The Independance of the Seas will be in our port this Sunday. I have received a clearance from the port to take pictures from the oposite dock (which is a resticted area) with my model up front... Weather forcast; lots of rain and 60 miles/h winds. :mad: I can't do this, so I will have to cancel. She can take some rain but the surface is pretty big, I'm affraid the'll be blown off the keel there.

But for the better, in May next year, the Adventure of the Seas is visiting us, and she's the perfect match to the Voyager.

Jan

Edited by modelbuilder

So happy I found this today and now a subscriber!! Your work is TRULY AMAZING WOW !! Like everyone else has said I too would love to see video.

Do you have a picture of all your amazing builds together ? I can only speak for myself but I don't think I would get flames:eek: here for saying I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of these events you go to. I'm thinking to see a few of these boats (even though none as amazing as yours) in the water at once would be cool.

Thank you for the tease of you already have your next build planned!! I hope it's another Royal Caribbean ship (Oasis,Allure,Quantum;)) so we can follow :D

Modelbuilder, I just love coming to this thread to check on your progress. Seeing your work always brings a smile to my face. I can't wait to see the finished model.

I hope when you start your next project, whatever ship it may be, that you will keep a build journal like this one and post a link to it hter of this thread so those of us who have been following you here will know where to find you. :D

Next project will be another cruise ship??????

Thanks for the nice words.

Of course I will make video, but to do this I need to figure out how to put that on utube. But the little Voyager will be ready soon, and then video will look much better. I have already made video on board with a very tiny camera, and was fun to do. I placed it on top of the elevator shaft where the Viking crown comes. Scary how you could see the model leaning over when taking a turn.

New ship... Wel, it will be another cruise ship again. She will be slightly smaller (1.63 meter) To tell you more; it has been running simultaniously with the little Voyager for a while so now the hull and promenade deck are already made. Main difference is that this model will not be equipped with electronics and will be a static model meaning I do not have to worry about acces and stability making the model better looking. I'll keep it a surprise when it continues in January. I think another thread with that ship is better, it will have a small history to it.... I wonder how pepple will react to that. (that s what you call a teaser)

Someone here asked me if the models are for sale. Well, I do not intend to. I did sell the Enchantment, Seabourn and the Disney. I did this to make space, becasue they are so darn big. Because the Seabourn was the most recent model I never removed the Enchantment from its case anymore. so wit pain in my heart I let it go, but it is in no beter home I can dream of!! I only take the most recent model to the lake obviously.

But the Splendour or the seas is still there.

I have no intention to sell the Voyager, maybe ina few years when I've build the Oasis? But this is only hobby with great passion, I do not make the models commercially.

Pictures of all of them together, I cannot believe I do not have that. All I have is this;

101_0121_zpsf90ae70d.jpg

Enchantment and Splendour simultaniously on the water. The Splendour was not finished yet at that picture.

IM000514_zps2aafee45.jpg

And this one. A modellers show I participated. I took this picture before opening, there were so many people there during the show the models were not visible. I could not believe the attention it got. People wanted to knwo where we bought the models of the models building kit. They were surprised and dissapointed at the same time it is all scratch build, there is NOTHING available in stores. The Splendour is my brothers's. As we are no club I named ourselves "the cruise brothers" as I like the movie the blues brothers so much. That was funny, and we're still known like that. I won a first price with over 500 models in the contest for the Seabourn. I think the judges likes the marina door open at the rear.

I never participated to a show again afterwards, but when the Voyager is finished I might do that again.

My brother is now building the Brilliance of the seas, but he's got a long way to go.

Detailed pics from the Voyagers bow in a few days.

John

Edited by modelbuilder

The bow with some detailing...

I am working on the adult pool now. I made the indication for the musterstation for the bow, and already knocked it off so I will see if I will put them back on.

IMG_4442_zps24917dcd.jpg

Then comes the main pool, than the sports deck, than the bridge, than the mast area (radars, antannae,...) the Viking crown and the promenade deck.

At the very end the window washers set up and rear radars, they will be the most vulerable.