Check for discounts

Billiam

I check almost daily and today found $560 state discount for our May 18 Med cruise, we have CC accomodations. A reminder to all to check often as these things tend to disapear quickly. Don't trust travel agents to do this research for you, you are your own best advocate. If you do have an agent they can do this for you but most times need a reminder. I live in NC but the agent said other states also have this discount, she also said the price was increasing so good luck to you. Happy Cruising

I check almost daily and today found $560 state discount for our May 18 Med cruise, we have CC accomodations. A reminder to all to check often as these things tend to disapear quickly. Don't trust travel agents to do this research for you, you are your own best advocate. If you do have an agent they can do this for you but most times need a reminder. I live in NC but the agent said other states also have this discount, she also said the price was increasing so good luck to you. Happy Cruising

just wondering how you go about checking for discounts once you have booked your cruise?

Thanks,

Shelly

just wondering how you go about checking for discounts once you have booked your cruise?

Thanks,

Shelly

Go to the Celebrity web site and do as if you are booking the cruise. When you get to the information booking page check appropriate boxes, ie senior, state, etc. ( I save this page to favorites and have a quick beginning for checking) Go to the next page and the discount will show at your cabin level. Please note all levels are not discounted and different discounts apply at different times hence the importance of checking often These come and go quickly. If you have a travel agent you need to advise them, if they wait until final payment the discounts are usually gone. I've had as many as 3 discounts before but it comes from checking daily usually and acting immediately. Happy cruising

Thanks,

Shelly

You go to the Celebrity website and go through the process as if booking a new cruise. They post the current prices and discounts. If the current fare is lower than what you have booked at and you have not made your final payment, you then contact your TA or Celebrity, if booked directly, and request the lower price.

While there is at least one company which will monitor cruise prices for a fee, I check myself. I suppose I should sign up and have that company monitor upcoming cruises, but for me it adds to the anticipation if I check myself. And earlier this week I found a price reduction of $300 per person for one of the back-to-back Panama Canal cruises we have booked in April.

On the Celebrity website hit the "explore" tab, and then under "destinations" find your cruise. Act as if you are booking (ie, hit the over 55 years old box if appropriate, indicate your state or province, and select a cabin category), and you will find the current price.

Thanks to Billiam, I called Celebrity and received $580. state discount for our May 18th Silhouette cruise!!

I checked every day and one day was rewarded with an $800 per person state discount on the FV room on Solstice, making it just $60 more than our balcony guarantee cabin! What a deal--12 days in the Med for $1009/pp! And $875 for the second two passengers! AND prepaid gratuities for the first two! Gotta keep checking, folks. Takes 5 minutes a day. That deal was gone in 2 days.

We use a on line tracking service (can not mention name here due to CC rules)

This past year that on line service saved me $3600 on 3 cruises & gave me one upgrade from veranda to a C2 on Millie:D:D:D. I don't have to monitor the cruise lines web site .the online service does that for me;)

2012 I already saved $1000 for our next cruise :D

I do monitor daily and DH thought it was a waste of time until the savings rolled in!

Unfortunately X no longer gives refunds or OBC after final payment is made.

I have upgraded when fares dropped after final payment.

The "new" website isn't as easy to navigate as the old one was, IMO.

I checked every day and one day was rewarded with an $800 per person state discount on the FV room on Solstice, making it just $60 more than our balcony guarantee cabin! What a deal--12 days in the Med for $1009/pp! And $875 for the second two passengers! AND prepaid gratuities for the first two! Gotta keep checking, folks. Takes 5 minutes a day. That deal was gone in 2 days.

Doesn't me take 5 minutes, I can do it in about 30 seconds, I've got the page on favorites and go directly to it. Still very easy either way and saves money------------Happy cruising

I use the service as well... for a dollar, it saves me the bother of doing it every day. Plus, sometimes discounts are only there for a few hours. I get instant email notification if my rate changes.

I've scored several price drops and upgrades already. Well worth my dollar per cruise!

Thanks for this thread. Just found out that my Eastern Med June cruise has dropped in price. Do I now just get in touch with my online TA and ask for the discount? I drove a very hard bargain with her to start (got OBC and pre-paid gratuities by playing one TA off another. So I don't want to be greedy but if I can save even more money, I'm all for it.

New to cruising...

Thanks for this thread. Just found out that my Eastern Med June cruise has dropped in price. Do I now just get in touch with my online TA and ask for the discount? I drove a very hard bargain with her to start (got OBC and pre-paid gratuities by playing one TA off another. So I don't want to be greedy but if I can save even more money, I'm all for it.

New to cruising...

As you booked with a TA, you'll need to go through her for the discount. Your OBC may be reduced as it is usually a percentage of your commissionable fare.

Do it quickly - these reductions often come and go quickly!

I use the service as well... for a dollar, it saves me the bother of doing it every day. Plus, sometimes discounts are only there for a few hours. I get instant email notification if my rate changes.

I've scored several price drops and upgrades already. Well worth my dollar per cruise!

I would like the e-mail for tracking as well; please send it to

eastcoastrs@verizon.net thanks

To get the reduced rate from Celebrity do you have to book directly with Celebrity? My next cruise was reduced on celebrity.com later the same day I booked using a cruise travel agency and the price still shows lower than my reservation. When I followed up (took a few tries to get a response) I was told that the celebrity.com price changes are only valid for new bookings regardless of deposit or final booking status.

Archived