28 day cruise question south Pacific

ckr31

we are planning on going on a 28 day cruise to the South Pacific(Hawaii,Tahiti,Somoa etc)we have been on three 7 day cruises and one 14 day cruise.I would like to get any feed back on a cruise of this length.I am kinda of scared that the at sea days may be a little much. On the way back we have 8 days straight.whatever feedback you can give me would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

We have been on several b2b cruises that reached 28 days.

If you like cruising and seeing many different places, you will enjoy it.

If you liked the sea day activities on your shorter cruises, you will likely like the 8 sea days in a row.

On cruises of this type, there will be on board lecturers on sea days. Topics will vary from cruise to cruise but could include anything from history of the places being visited to financial planning, depending on the expertise of the lecturers.

Our main reaction at the end of 28 days on a cruise ship is "why can't we stay on longer?" It is hard to get back to the reality of normal everyday life at home.

We did 35 days of cruisng this past April /May .It was wonderful :D

What you need to ask your self is will you be happy with the activities Princess offers for the sea days:rolleyes:. We know that we would be happy ;as we use the gym ,play trivia & involve ourselves with other planed activities on board:D

Bring a lot of books, magazines etc.; or load up your ereader/kindle. We have had 3 sea days in a row, a port then 3 sea days again, but never 8 in a row. Not sure how that would be, but I am willing to find out!! Please post during or after your cruise & let us all know.

Jan in Michigan

We love sea days so eight in a row wouldn't bother us. We did the Hawaiian cruise on the Golden in Oct. which has five in each direction and it was great. we are looking for a longer cruise now with more sea days. We had an aft balcony and spent a lot of time out there reading and just watching the water. They made sure that there was a lot of things going on if you wanted something to do.

I love sea days but not everyone does. On my 31-day cruise in 2008, there were 19 sea days. I loved every minute. The friend I often cruise with starts getting very antsy after three sea days in a row. It's not for everyone. It's a personal decision with no right or wrong.

You might want to search for posts by Toto who just completed this cruise. It's not pretty.

I agree, but I think Toto's complaints were more about her fellow passengers, and in some cases her fellow roll call members, rather than the cruise and itinerary. Although I respect Toto's opinion, I'm not sure I'd base my decision on what she posted.

My husband and I were on this last Sapphire 28 day cruise to Tahiti and loved every minute. We booked it again in March 2013 we loved it so much. I have to say we mostly relax and read and just enjoy the different islands and the sea. I am sure you will enjoy the sea days if you at all love the sea.

We were also on the past Sapphire 28 day cruise. While I found it depressing that many passengers shut down and acted like the cruise was over after Tahiti......we had NO problem at all with 8 straight days at sea. They flew by!

I thought I would have all my photos organized and my galleries done. Not all all, they still aren't finished.

That being said, I love laying by the pool and reading. It was truly relaxing.

Only you can decide what works for you!!

Cheers, Denise

I agree' date=' but I think Toto's complaints were more about her fellow passengers, and in some cases her fellow roll call members, rather than the cruise and itinerary. Although I respect Toto's opinion, I'm not sure I'd base my decision on what she posted.[/size']

I would. I had posted the same complaints on our relocation cruise last year from New England to Lauderdale.

We also we on the recent Sapphire 28 day cruise and would recommend it to others and we would do it again. That said, you have to look at what you enjoy doing.....if you like to relax, read a few books......and leave the rat race at home....it is for you.

We were on that cruise last Oct/Nov. We usually enjoy sea days. However the 8 days coming back was a slight problem. The first 6 or 7 days were ok but the last couple days we got a little antsy. Part of the problem for us is that you are cut off from all news of the outside world. The TV's did not receive signals. This was ok for a while then it got old.

If I were to do it again I would take a land trip. This is true especially if you have never been to these places. . I think you need more than a day in the Samoas, Bora Bora and Tahiti. You are paying a lot of money to see a lot of ocean.

My very first cruise was a 30 day Pacific cruise, and I absolutely loved it!!! There was so much to do on the sea days that I almost passed myself coming back, some days:D Then seeing all those incredible islands I had only ever read about - it was one of the best experiences of my life. I felt very envious of the people who were doing this cruise as a B2B!

What I loved too, was there was no urgency to do everything all together - there was plenty of time to sample everything that was on offer. I'm actually worrying that my next cruise of 10 days won't be long enough!!!:)

My very first cruise was a 30 day Pacific cruise, and I absolutely loved it!!! There was so much to do on the sea days that I almost passed myself coming back, some days:D Then seeing all those incredible islands I had only ever read about - it was one of the best experiences of my life. I felt very envious of the people who were doing this cruise as a B2B!

What I loved too, was there was no urgency to do everything all together - there was plenty of time to sample everything that was on offer. I'm actually worrying that my next cruise of 10 days won't be long enough!!!:)

I agree with your comments about long cruises. We were recently on the Sun Princess for nine weeks straight, including a 46 night Indian Ocean cruise. I agree with your comment that you don't feel pressured to do everything every day on a long cruise.

By the way, we prefer 14 night or longer cruises, preferably 21 or 28 night. You might find your 10 day cruise not long enough.:)

Now that I think about it, I bet it would be better to reverse the itinerary, Go to Tahiti first ending up in Hawaii. That way you would get the 8 sea days out of the way first when passengers are fresh.

I think this is a great idea. I was on the cruise also. I love sea days but I was getting very antsy the last couple of days and I was glad to get off the ship which is very rare for me.

If the 8 days were up front you would be fresh, enjoying the ship and looking forward to seeing the islands.

The 3 weeks without news was tough for me too. I understand why we couldn't get it but it was frustrating

WCC

We were on that cruise last Oct/Nov. We usually enjoy sea days. However the 8 days coming back was a slight problem. The first 6 or 7 days were ok but the last couple days we got a little antsy. Part of the problem for us is that you are cut off from all news of the outside world. The TV's did not receive signals. This was ok for a while then it got old.

If I were to do it again I would take a land trip. This is true especially if you have never been to these places. . I think you need more than a day in the Samoas, Bora Bora and Tahiti. You are paying a lot of money to see a lot of ocean.

I don't know if you remember but in one thread, I wrote that I had talked to the Captain Circle rep on the Sapphire about reversing the cruise. She suggested I write to Princess which I did. Even if they did change things around, it would be several years!

We are doing this cruise again on HAL in April 2013. Specifically because they go to 5 more islands in the South Pacific. They also overnight in Bora Bora. Our biggest disappointment (and I knew it was coming) was leaving Bora Bora at night. You couldn't see the fabulous water colors or the mountains.

I had wanted to do the HAL cruise orginally but had to go with the flow of others we were traveling with.

Once again, I didn't mind 8 sea days but I disliked the feeling that the cruise was "over". I can't tell you how many folks we talked to started packing up the minute we left Papeete.

Cheers, Denise

I was on this cruise also and loved the whole thing, including the 8 sea days in a row. DH and I participated in the "mystery cruise" game and also the "cruise long scavenger hunt", and of course trivia which kept us busy doing fun ship activities. I didn't want it to be over!! :D

I don't know if you remember but in one thread, I wrote that I had talked to the Captain Circle rep on the Sapphire about reversing the cruise. She suggested I write to Princess which I did. Even if they did change things around, it would be several years!

We are doing this cruise again on HAL in April 2013. Specifically because they go to 5 more islands in the South Pacific. They also overnight in Bora Bora. Our biggest disappointment (and I knew it was coming) was leaving Bora Bora at night. You couldn't see the fabulous water colors or the mountains.

I had wanted to do the HAL cruise orginally but had to go with the flow of others we were traveling with.

Once again, I didn't mind 8 sea days but I disliked the feeling that the cruise was "over". I can't tell you how many folks we talked to started packing up the minute we left Papeete.

Cheers, Denise

What are the excact dates for the HAL cruise? and what ship?I want to look it up.

Thanks,

WCC

Archived