Amsterdam in Port Everglades today...

DFD1

Amsterdam just arrived Port Everglades (6:00 AM). This is the last we'll see of her for a while. World cruise begins today for her.

Statendam is also arriving at about 6:45AM. I wonder where she is going from here.

I slept a bit late this morning so missed the Sail Ins:( But I is here now:)

Just checked the Port Everglades Schedule and the departure times (as of this moment) are listed as:

Amsterdam, Zuiderdam Statendam and Seabourne Spirit Departing at 5:00 p.m. today

Seven Seas Navigator and Seven Seas Mariner departing at 6:00 p.m.

MSC Poesia departing at 7:00 p.m.

Just found this on PE's Facebook Page: Note that Silver Whisper is in port today but not scheduled to leave until Saturday at 18:30 EST.

You can keep an eye on their schedule(s) IN Case of Changes (like we had with Prinsendam 2 nights ago... Here: https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

Speaking of Prinsendam's late departure, has anyone heard why she was delayed for more than 2 hours??

Joanie

they will show the ships sailing out. Amsterdam will head on to World Cruise, Statendam will go through the Panama Canal and then on to San Diego. The Zuiderdam will be doing a cruise to Gatun Lake and back. Would sure be nice to be on one of the DAM ships.

I've been listenting to the radio chatter. Some is clear and easy to understand and some is all fuzzy.

I felt like I was listening into a private conversation when the lady on Zudm was chatting with her friend on (I think) Amsterdam. Funny they would have chatted like that on an open radio..... though it certainly was an innocent enough conversation.

Amsterdam will head on to World Cruise, Statendam will go through the Panama Canal and then on to San Diego.

Statendam starts her 14 day Panama cruise from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego. And then 14 days back.

I have had the webcam on with the sound all day. (I don't have the picture on all the time, but I keep the sound on in the background). One of the crew members from the Amsterdam was just talking to another crew member of the Statendam. Each one was talking about their "world cruise" and "panama canal" cruise and asking about other crew members. I don't know why they were on this channel, but after a minute or so of "chit chat", the harbor master told them this is a working channel and to go to another channel. Either they did not understand the request or chose to ignore it, so they kept talking. It was fun "eavesdropping" on their conversation. It only lasted about 5 minutes or so.

It will be a busy evening (afternoon here) watching the parade of cruise ships leave. I hope some of them use their horns freely!! :D

It's just speculation, but they may turn the camera so that it is not pointing directly into the afternoon sun. By turning it down the canal/cut, it is not looking into the sun.

I've been listenting to the radio chatter. Some is clear and easy to understand and some is all fuzzy.

I felt like I was listening into a private conversation when the lady on Zudm was chatting with her friend on (I think) Amsterdam. Funny they would have chatted like that on an open radio..... though it certainly was an innocent enough conversation.

I know. You feel sorry for some of them. Like the conversation that just happened with Shore Services (or whatever they are called) about the female with NO Photo ID and she is going to be put in a Taxi to go and get one taken (guess at Motot Vehicle or ...)

The Female Officer we heard earlier from the Zuiderdam is one of the Bridge Officers. I think I mentioned her a couple days ago when you asked about a Female Officer:)

Joanie

Archived