Cigar Smoking on Celebrity Silhouette

mjrtar

bigbeergut :

smoking on Celebrity ships allowed only in OUTDOOR areas,and cigar smoke is "smoke",same as cigarettes..

Not true. That's why Celebrity and many others place additional limitations on cigar smoking. It's not an individual choice as to which rules they choose to follow.

Please limit cigar smoking to the designated areas.

bigbeergut :

smoking on Celebrity ships allowed only in OUTDOOR areas,and cigar smoke is "smoke",same as cigarettes..

FYI pipe and cigar smoking is only permitted in one of the smoking areas; been that way for a few years now fleet wide.

The attitude to smokers is changing worldwide with cigarette smokers becoming more and more less acceptable in many countries and places and cigar smokers even more so. If one wants to smoke cigars please be tolerant of those around you , your pleasure is intolerant to many others and you are in the minority these days

WOW .... I guess I need to respond !!

2 months ago,I was on Silhouette ,first time on celebrity,but had smoked cigars on other ships ,some had "cigar lounges",and others having "smoking" areas. I asked about smoking areas (NOT cigar smoking in particular) from one the bars on silhouette,then joined other smokers,majority cigarette smokers,but 1-3 cigar smokers. Most often my smoking was on DECK12,away from pool. There were always non-smoking people keeping their friends company. At no time I heard anybody complain about cigar smoking.And no celebrity person objected. Until this thread did not know there was separation.

Please do NOT condemn people without knowing facts....Also I hope most of you open your minds more ,if they are not...I know I did as I got older...

I will repeat one "fact",OUTDOOR smoke from cigar or cigarettes are NOT different!!

I'm tolerant when smokers stick to the rules. When they don't I'll bring it to the attention of those in charge to handle the situation, as I've done in the past with great success. If you ask about smoking areas in a "generic" term then you will get a generic response from the pool attendants, bar tenders, etc. Glad I was not on the Silhouette when you sailed and hope you are not on when I sail.

WOW .... I guess I need to respond !!

2 months ago,I was on Silhouette ,first time on celebrity,but had smoked cigars on other ships ,some had "cigar lounges",and others having "smoking" areas. I asked about smoking areas (NOT cigar smoking in particular) from one the bars on silhouette,then joined other smokers,majority cigarette smokers,but 1-3 cigar smokers. Most often my smoking was on DECK12,away from pool. There were always non-smoking people keeping their friends company. At no time I heard anybody complain about cigar smoking.And no celebrity person objected. Until this thread did not know there was separation.

Please do NOT condemn people without knowing facts....Also I hope most of you open your minds more ,if they are not...I know I did as I got older...

I will repeat one "fact",OUTDOOR smoke from cigar or cigarettes are NOT different!!

Ok, now that you know the difference, do you plan on confining your cigar smoking to the designated area?

Exactly! I do not like to be around cigarette smoke, but cigar smoke can be so disgusting it literally makes me sick to my stomach, and I know I am not alone. There is a HUGE difference between the two.

I agree, which is the reason Celebrity restrict the area for smoking them because the smell permeates so much.

Maybe YOU can't tell the difference (smoking dulls one sense of smell significantly), but most notice a HUGE difference between cigarette and cigar smoke. Cigar smoke is much, much more potent - and to many extremely foul and unpleasant

Also I hope most of you open your minds more ,if they are not...I know I did as I got older...

My mind was open from a fairly young age. However when around the foul stench of cigars it's actually my nostrils I want to close!

Your sense of smell is ruined then. If you had an open mind you'd probably understand that there is a difference to those will a normal functioning sense of smell. :)

bigbeergut :

If you check your facts .. cigar smoke is much more toxic than cigarette.. undisputable fact. One cigar contains the nicotine of almost a whole pac of cigarettes.