Has the prediction the world will end this year, affected your cruising decisions?

marypat01

Will the world end on 21DEC2012 - some think so, based on Mayan Calendar.  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will the world end on 21DEC2012 - some think so, based on Mayan Calendar.

• Yes, the prediction the world will end in December, affected my decision.
    • I do not believe the world will end on 21DEC2012
    • I have posted a BRIEF comment.

OK - how many people expect the world to end on 21 December 2012, because some people say that is what the Mayan Calendar predicts?

Is that affecting your cruising decisons?

Let's find out - please respond to this Yes / No survey.

You can also add a comment if you wish.

OK - how many people expect the world to end on 21 December 2012, because some people say that is what the Mayan Calendar predicts?

Is that affecting your cruising decisons?

Let's find out - please respond to this Yes / No survey.

You can also add a comment if you wish.

Heck, no.

teddie

No, It didn't affect our decision at all but it just so happens that we will be on our next cruise when the predicted date hits. As far as we're concerned, if it does end, no better way to go, on a cruise enjoying life.

I need more information in order to comment. What time on the 21st?

Oh, let's say 11:12 am Universal Time (UT) - it is the Winter Equinox, afterall.

Or, another way, Friday, 21 DEC 2012 at 6:12 PM Eastern Standard Time

Oh, let's say 11:12 am Universal Time (UT) - it is the Winter Equinox, afterall.

Or, another way, Friday, 21 DEC 2012 at 6:12 PM Eastern Standard Time

You have the time zones backwards - 6:12 PM Eastern Standard Time is 11:12 PM Universal Time -- but I wouldn't worry. When you consider the dismal record of all of the end-of-the-world predictors to date, it's fairly likely that most of us will still be around for the next dozen or so doomsdays predicted.

Get real! Is OP's question worth considering, much less fine-tuning for time zones?

You have the time zones backwards - 6:12 PM Eastern Standard Time is 11:12 PM Universal Time -- but I wouldn't worry. When you consider the dismal record of all of the end-of-the-world predictors to date, it's fairly likely that most of us will still be around for the next dozen or so doomsdays predicted.

Get real! Is OP's question worth considering, much less fine-tuning for time zones?

If the question is serious then I feel it important to be fully aware of the facts before I can determine whether I should be booking more cruises in the intervening months so as to see as much of the world as possible before it reverts to particles.

should have said 6:12 AM, not PM. Navybankerteacher, thank you. The time of 6:12 am, 21DEC2012 is based upon the a report citing that the Winter Equinox starts on UT (Universal Time) 11:12 am, 21 December 2012. That translates to 6:12 am EST (because the Maya were over one more time zone to the West).

Now - I concur with ERIE 13's thoughts.

Also, the poll ends either when the world ends or the 22 DEC 2012, to allow for last minute responses.

And the world ends when it ends. Let's just keep that decision out of the hands of politicians.

And, yes, it is a serious question because there are believers out there.

I plan to mix a pitcher of martini's and toast the long-gone Mayans! There's no more likelihood of the world ending with this prediction than there was with the several predictions made last year! However, we may use this one as an excuse to not do any Christmas shopping this year.

Yourself included?

Well, I am a Scholarship at Sea lecturer and this subject will be a lecture on my Coral Princess engagement starting 11 November. I neither believe nor disbelieve.

However, with that said, I have scheduled an April 5, 2013 cruise on the Island Princess.

Well, I am a Scholarship at Sea lecturer and this subject will be a lecture on my Coral Princess engagement starting 11 November. I neither believe nor disbelieve.

However, with that said, I have scheduled an April 5, 2013 cruise on the Island Princess.

Okay, I was going to ask if this poll was for the purpose of a study.

No, I don't believe the world will end on December 21, 2012. The world has been predicted to end numerous times.... which have all past, and the world is still here. The Mayans were smart people, but I don't think they were psychics.

Archived