How do you carry your onboard cruise card

kazda

Hi

How do you carry your onboard cruise card so you don't loose it.

On past P&O cruises out of Australia they sell lanyards onboard for around $8.00 (or you can take your own).

I don't want to carry around a wallet with my seapass in it, so do people take that their own laynard or do RCL sell them onboard with Oasis of the Seas printed on them. (love a good souvenir)

if the laynard is the way to go, do the sea pass cards come pre-punched or do I see pursers desk for that ?

I have a Kipling Milos bag which you can use over the shoulder or round the waist , seeing as I always carry this around with me for my camera , tissues , hand gel ,medication , and the like , I just slip my sea pass card in the front pocket of that , if I didn't need to have the other items on hand I would definitely consider a lanyard as it would be convenient to have it on hand .

I use a small waterproof case for my SeaPass.

http://www.witzsportcases.com/id-badge-holders/see-it-safe.html

I originally bought it for the beach but found it was convenient onboard as well. They sell them onboard with Royal Caribbean on them but they're poorly made. I bought one & two days later it broke. They gave me a new one which lasted through the rest of the cruise but broke shortly into my next vacation.

Do they sell laynards onboard, with oasis of the seas printed on them?

Yes, you will find lanyards on board the Oasis for sell, but they do not have "Oasis" on them. Instead, the printing states "Royal Caribbean International".

They are in two colors - Navy blue with white letters, or gold with navy blue letters. There is a clear pocket attached to the lanyard, so that you can tuck your sea pass into it, without needing to get a whole punched into the sea pass. I bought one of each color for DH and I.

Guess it depends on if you are a guy or a gal. My DH uses his pocket, never lost a sea pass card. I use a wristlet at night, that also carries my lip gloss & sometimes a tiny pen and small stack of post-it notes! It dangles from my wrist, non-obtrusive and never gets lost. [except for once when I hung it from a theatre chair!! *gasp*]

I always just use my pocket and usually have mine my daughters and my wife Carry's her own. PLEASE don't be one of those people that have the rccl lanyard around there neck with a couple 100's sticking out of them while walking around in Jamaica i think your asking for trouble there. If i had older kids i would buy the lanyard for them so they don't loose them. Our last cruise a couple weeks ago on the freedom of the seas between me and my wife we found 2 sea pass one during a show and the other in the wj one night we just returned them to a crew member so they could be returned. So don't worry have some fun and enjoy your cruise!:D

Guess it depends on if you are a guy or a gal. My DH uses his pocket, never lost a sea pass card. I use a wristlet at night, that also carries my lip gloss & sometimes a tiny pen and small stack of post-it notes! It dangles from my wrist, non-obtrusive and never gets lost. [except for once when I hung it from a theatre chair!! *gasp*]

Hey Stacey, can you post a picture of the wristlet?

Thanks,

Loralie

I love to go to craft shop and shows. I am always looking for cute tiny purses. I have a lot of them now. I wear one around my neck that matches what I am wearing that day. They are tiny, but hold what I want to carry including my seapass card. My friends have lanyards that have a snap off attachment for the card. A man can tuck it inside his shirt.

On our last cruise I used a wrist wallet. I plan on buying more designs and colors for our next cruise. I never worried about losing my sea pass with it. http://www.rei.com/product/773712/sprigs-banjees-wrist-wallet,-black-paisley?preferredSku=7737120035?cm_mmc&mr:trackingCode=53924FFE-FB85-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

I have several card holders. My husband has a collection of lanyards, and sometimes I use a light gray one that doesn't show much under my clothes. My favorite is a card holder that clips to my pants, and stays out of sight completely under my clothes. I also have an RCCL lanyard with the big clear plastic pocket so I can also carry a credit card or cash in it. I will wear that if we are just going quickly off the ship for a little walk to shop.

We started using lanyards in 1992. Security was always surprised to see them.

Archived