Royal Princess & Caribbean schedule out of Ft Lauderdale

ShipShapeinFL

The new Royal will spend the summer of 2013 in Europe and arrive in FLL in the fall, not April.

It's Oct 27th (we are booked on that cruise coming in to FLL) that she arrives from her inaugural transatlantic sailing. The Royal leaves Venice on Oct 9th and is 18 days to FLL. They will be releasing the Caribbean cruises in a month or two.

I was wondering if anyone has heard any rumors or has any speculations on what cruises the Royal Princess will be doing when it goes over to Fort Lauderdale. I can't afford to travel on her while she is in Europe because it is just too expensive. I'm hoping that she will be doing the Princess Cays, Aruba, Curacao run. Any answers would be appreciated!!!:D

ssbeagle...if those two little cuties are your doggies, how can you stand to go on vacation without them!

HA! From the time we leave home..it is guilt. Then it is like an I.V is linked directly from our Vet to my Bank Account. My Dog, much beloved, is allergic to florida as our Vet put it and suffers from ailments I did not know dogs could have.....But He is sweet. Loving. A gentle soul..except for people who dare to call us on the phone..knock on our door..and dogs on TV drive him to fury.

I worry about him every day. Right now..we could take a cruise on Princess at a great price..but it would mean putting him back in the Big House. he is ill..has a skin irritation again..and We are not going. It would be almost like putting a sick child in the hospital and then taking off for a fun filled cruise.

We inherited him from our daughter. We traveled a LOT before getting him. But I look at his sweet face..and I cannot regret getting him. He is...a Chain of Love for us. I have another conference with the Vet..at 9:15 in the morning. It is come up with a new plan time..the old one is not working. The old one was weekly shots and meds three times a day. Plus speciaL food of only salmon and chicken. We are hoping something works..eventually...........

I have another conference with the Vet..at 9:15 in the morning. It is come up with a new plan time..the old one is not working. The old one was weekly shots and meds three times a day. Plus speciaL food of only salmon and chicken. We are hoping something works..eventually...........

Good luck. Our little ones are part of our family also. Like you said, you look into their faces and they are so damn cute that you do what every needs to be done and it doesn't matter what it costs.

HA! From the time we leave home..it is guilt. Then it is like an I.V is linked directly from our Vet to my Bank Account. My Dog, much beloved, is allergic to florida as our Vet put it and suffers from ailments I did not know dogs could have.....But He is sweet. Loving. A gentle soul..except for people who dare to call us on the phone..knock on our door..and dogs on TV drive him to fury.

I worry about him every day. Right now..we could take a cruise on Princess at a great price..but it would mean putting him back in the Big House. he is ill..has a skin irritation again..and We are not going. It would be almost like putting a sick child in the hospital and then taking off for a fun filled cruise.

We inherited him from our daughter. We traveled a LOT before getting him. But I look at his sweet face..and I cannot regret getting him. He is...a Chain of Love for us. I have another conference with the Vet..at 9:15 in the morning. It is come up with a new plan time..the old one is not working. The old one was weekly shots and meds three times a day. Plus speciaL food of only salmon and chicken. We are hoping something works..eventually...........

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I have 2 longhair chihuahuas and they are my babies! My 2 biggest passions are my dogs and travel and so those 2 things are often at odds with one another. I have cancelled 2 different trips to Europe due to illness/or death of a pet. They always come first . Hubby does not travel and thinks it is HE who limits how long I stay away but in truth,tho I would love to stay away longer,I miss my "kids" too much! The thing I have envied the most over the years about Oprah is her ability to take her dogs everywhere with private travel,assistants,etc...

• 1 month later...

We have heard that the New Royal Princess will upon arriving at Port Lauderdale, have a two day period where passengers will be disembarking then have to reimbark for the Caribbean Crusie which will follow. I am wondering what will be transpiring in those two days.

The 2 Day gap between the arrival of the Transatlantic and the departure on the Caribbean cruise is most likely for a cruise to nowhere for TA's and VIP's to introduce the ship to the US .

Lots of fun for those invited :)

Not sure if there is another topic started on the design of the Royal Princess, but one thing i'm disappointed in is the Lotus Spa. On deck 5? What are they thinking? I was on the new Carnival Dream last winter and was so impressed with the new layout carnival did with their Spa, I could only think that Princess would of taken a step further and made it even better. Since Carnival does own Princess I thought it was a no-brainer. But on Deck 5? One thing I liked about the current Lotus Spa is being able to buy the Spa pass and enjoy the spa and then exit out to the pool area and/or outside deck. I could be all wrong, but it just seems odd to stick the Spa on deck 5. Love to hear other peoples comments. :p

We have heard that the New Royal Princess will upon arriving at Port Lauderdale, have a two day period where passengers will be disembarking then have to reimbark for the Caribbean Crusie which will follow. I am wondering what will be transpiring in those two days.

Possibly a short sailing for travel agents.

Possibly a short sailing for travel agents.
I have the same cabin for both cruises, but I will have to get off for two days. Gives me some time to explore Fort Lauderdale.

Hoping to make some sort of arrangement for Princess to store my luggage.

Archived