Can a first timer rent cabana's too??

JGORD7

So I've been reading about the cabana's at Labadee I believe it is... Can new cruisers rent them also or is it only for the "elite"? I also noticed it wasn't listed as a choice for our cruise on the Navigator on the 8th why would it only be available for certain ships?? TYIA!

You no longer have to be a suite holder or a diamond+ to rent the cabanas. They are offered at Nellies Beach so look under the Labadee excursions and you can book them. They are $200 for over the water and $175 for a hillside one. That price is per cabana not per person so if you do book it just put it in one persons name, and you can have up to 6 people in the cabana. With these cabanas you do have access to Barefoot Beach which is the private beach for the suite holders and you have access to the "upgrade buffet" which has a few better options that the regular buffet. You also have a 2 floating mats, towels, bottled water and a attendant to serve you drinks which you have to pay for.

You no longer have to be a suite holder or a diamond+ to rent the cabanas. They are offered at Nellies Beach so look under the Labadee excursions and you can book them. They are $200 for over the water and $175 for a hillside one. That price is per cabana not per person so if you do book it just put it in one persons name, and you can have up to 6 people in the cabana. With these cabanas you do have access to Barefoot Beach which is the private beach for the suite holders and you have access to the "upgrade buffet" which has a few better options that the regular buffet. You also have a 2 floating mats, towels, bottled water and a attendant to serve you drinks which you have to pay for.

Thanks! When I went into my reservation & pulled up shore excursions for labadee this didn't come up though??? That's why I thought they were not offered for our ship or something..lol I will look again but thanks all for the replies!

Just thought I'd give a humble thought to consider....Of course, realize you may want to have a cabana to beach and relax for the day (and, therefore, my comment may not be applicable). However, if this is your first cruise and visit to Labadee, you may want to consider visiting and discovering all the options to do and play while there. I was glad we didn't book one as we ended up riding the tram to each beach, visiting the vendors, walking the island, actually did the zipline (took 2 hrs), etc etc. Had we rented a cabana, chances are we would have only used it a fraction of the time we were there. Nevertheless, hope you get the cabana and enjoy your day as it was a good stop on the itinerary.

Barefoot Beach used to be the only Cabana area. This is a walled private beach for suite passengers. If all of the suites are not taken by suite passengers, a non-suite passenger may purchase one and receive all of the perks associated with the private beach (free snorkel equipment, an upscale bbq, etc.)

Nellie's Beach is a public beach that now has the same cabanas offered for purchase on the shore excursion website to all ship guests. There is no wall around this beach.

I was on the Allure last week traveling as a non-suite guest. There was availability for a cabana at Barefoot Beach (I inquired before the cruise) and was able to purchase a hilltop one which was $175 for the day. We had an attendant who took care of us, water mats, towels, cooler full of water, etc. We had a tram to take us anywhere we wanted to go. It was a great day and we wound up being the last ones back on the ship.

Suite passengers and Diamond Plus members get first dibs but they are then available to everybody, contact the customer service desk to inquire.

Which beach is that???

I knew the one beach was suite first then opened up to D+ if all not gone. :confused:

Ugh... cabana questions are making me crazy. Haha. Here it is...

Barefoot Beach= Cabanas for suite guests & D+. Non suite guests & D+ can try to get one but will only be successful if some are left unbooked.

Nellie's Beach= Cabanas for anyone that wants them. Are listed as a shore excursion and can be booked online or over the phone.

Barefoot & Nellie's are right next to each other. The cabanas are all the same save for location. The perks that come with them are exactly the same including access to the roped off beach and the upgraded buffet.

Hopefully that clears things up for you guys. I know it's confusing especially since it just changed so sorry for my earlier "ugh".

We were recently on a B2B on Explorer. The first cruise, we asked the concierge about renting one for the following cruise, and he seemed to think there would not be any available. I suspect perhaps a suite guest maybe wanted several cabanas. At one point later on, he told us he had good news, and we got the cabana we wanted. Actually, we have always been able to get a cabana , once on Liberty we were still Diamond at the time, and were able to get one with the concierge in the diamond lounge.

Thanks! When I went into my reservation & pulled up shore excursions for labadee this didn't come up though??? That's why I thought they were not offered for our ship or something..lol I will look again but thanks all for the replies!

I've been interested in this as well, I believe, subject to senility, that I've read where non-diamond, not suite guests have to wait on boarding the ship to reserve these cabanas. I let this drop from memory as I probably won't be back to Labadee before 2014.

Cabanas on barefoot beach (suite guest only) only can be rented onboard depending on your crown and anchor status. Cabanas at Nellis beach can be rented online if available they go super fast.

After speaking to a Diamond Plus agent - Cabana's at Barefoot Beach first go to passengers in the Suites then they are open to Pinnacle and then Diamond Plus. It can not be booked prior to sailing.

I rented one prior to sailing by emailing the concierge with my request.

So Barefoot Beach is off limits unless you have a cabana at Barefoot Beach. What about Nellie's Beach? Is it open to the cabana-less public? I haven't been to Labadee since before the pier was built, so I'm curious to know which is the least crowded beach now that passengers disembark on the other side of the island.

I just booked a beach side cabana for my Allure cruise through the Shore and Excursions section of my booking. Easy as ever and now I'm extremely excited.

I just must be totally retarded because it's not listed as an option for any excursion on my Navigator of the Seas cruise... Does that mean it's sold out already or not offered? I have been all through my pre-cruise planner in the excursions & nothing...

I just must be totally retarded because it's not listed as an option for any excursion on my Navigator of the Seas cruise... Does that mean it's sold out already or not offered? I have been all through my pre-cruise planner in the excursions & nothing...

Could be that they are sold out already as there not a lot to go around. I booked a Hillside for my upcoming Freedom cruise in September last month.

Here is descriptions:

Overview: The upscale sea view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie's beach are a great place to relax and enjoy the seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie's Beach. - Highlights: Cabana rental for the full day. Furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and ceiling fan. Rental is per cabana and includes 2 floating beach mats, upgraded lunch buffet, and the use of beach towels. Personal cabana attendant service. - Note: Pricing is per cabana, not per person. One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beach Cabana - Hillside at Nellie's Beach - $175.00

Overview:

Enjoy the beach on Labadee in style in a beach cabana nestled on the hillside of Nellie’s Beach.

Highlights:

- Cabana rental for the full day

- Furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and ceiling fan

- Rental includes 2 floating beach mats, lunch buffet, and the use of beach towels

- Personal cabana attendant service

Full Description:

The upscale sea view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie’s beach are a great place to relax and enjoy the seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie’s Beach.

The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Rental of a cabana will include 2 floating beach mats, upgraded lunch buffet, towels, and the great service of a personal cabana attendant.

What to Bring:

- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship)

- Sun protection and sunglasses

- Camera

What to Wear:

- Wear your bathing suit

Important Notes:

- Pricing is per cabana, not per person. One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

- Individual cabanas will be assigned once on Labadee

- Each Cabana is equipped with two lounge chairs and will accommodate the maximum of 6 guests.

- To access the cabana, you will have to cross approximately 20 yards of sand and uneven pathway. Guests with limited mobility will not be able to access the water from the cabana

Overview: The upscale sea view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie's beach with private water access are a great place to relax and enjoy the seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie's Beach. - Highlights: Cabana rental for the full day. Furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and ceiling fan. Rental includes 2 floating beach mats, upgraded lunch buffet, and the use of beach towels. Personal cabana attendant service. - Note: Pricing is per cabana, not per person. One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beach Cabana - Over the Water at Nellie's - $200.00

Overview:

Enjoy the beach on Labadee in style in a beach cabana nestled on the hillside of Nellie’s Beach with private water access.

Highlights:

- Cabana rental for the full day

- Furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and ceiling fan

- Rental includes 2 floating beach mats, lunch buffet, and the use of beach towels

- Personal cabana attendant service

Full Description:

The upscale sea view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie’s beach with water access are a great place to relax and enjoy the seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie’s Beach.

The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Rental of a cabana will include 2 floating beach mats, upgraded lunch buffet, towels, and the great service of a personal cabana attendant.

What to Bring:

- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship)

- Sun protection and sunglasses

- Camera

What to Wear:

- Wear your bathing suit

Important Notes:

- Pricing is per cabana, not per person. One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

- Individual cabanas will be assigned once on Labadee

- Each Cabana is equipped with two lounge chairs and will accommodate the maximum of 6 guests.

- To access the cabana, you will have to cross approximately 20 yards of sand and uneven pathway. Guests with limited mobility will not be able to access the water from the cabana.

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in U. S. Dollars. All activities are subject to change. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

** Dates, times and prices are subject to change and may vary by sailing. Shore & Land Excursions must be purchased in the same currency as your cruise ticket purchase or Alaska Cruisetour reservation. Exchange rates are determined by a competitive pricing program and may be subject to change without notice. All monetary exchanges processed onboard are paid out in U.S. Dollars directly to your SeaPass account unless otherwise specified.

If they are sold out, keep checking back, especially closer to final payment time. People may cancel cruises (and this excursion) resulting in freed up cabanas.

Look again. I just checked your sailing date and it's listed under excursions. $175.00 for a hilltop ans $200.00 for over the water. Click on Labadee excursions and scroll down. Excursions are listed by price - lowest to highest.

They are there. They are the last two excursions listed.;)

As for Barefoot beach-I have no clue. Seems there is no real system for this.:confused:

They are there. They are the last two excursions listed.;)

As for Barefoot beach-I have no clue. Seems there is no real system for this.:confused:

The only cabanas available to book online are for Nellie's Beach. This is Not a private beach. Barefoot Beach is the private beach available to suite guests. Cabanas may be booked there if some come available. To be safe, I would book online because they are becoming very popular and you may not be able to get one at Barefoot Beach.

Suite guests are contacted a week prior to sailing by the concierge to see if they would like to book one at Barefoot Beach. After that they are open to other guests. I am a Diamond C&A. I emailed the concierge about 6 days before sailing and he had one available for me that he reserved. The charge was on my room statement.

Archived