ok---Concierge class or AQ ?

24butterfly

I know I've read it here lots of times, but I never paid attention to it.....So here goes: we're on the Eqinox in July. Booked a C3 as b4--same room b/c we had excellent service, great cabin stewards, etc.. If we have a chance to book an AQ class cabin for about $100 more, should we do it? I maybe do 1 or 2 specials that they run in the Spa while on the cruise. Also, we chose Select Dining for the C3 cat...Could we have Anytime/Select dining in Blu? Thank you, experts !

I know I've read it here lots of times, but I never paid attention to it.....So here goes: we're on the Eqinox in July. Booked a C3 as b4--same room b/c we had excellent service, great cabin stewards, etc.. If we have a chance to book an AQ class cabin for about $100 more, should we do it? I maybe do 1 or 2 specials that they run in the Spa while on the cruise. Also, we chose Select Dining for the C3 cat...Could we have Anytime/Select dining in Blu? Thank you, experts !

AQ, hands down. You dine in Blu anytime you wish, and the food is far superior to that in MDR. And you get to have breakfast in Blu as well...a lovely, relaxed, and tasty way to start the day esp if you have a table at or near the windows. I have my 4th X S-class cruise coming up and I couldn't imagine sailing anything other than AQ...and that includes most of the suites, because as one who travels solo and is a foodie, stateroom size means less to me than great food and great ambiance. I get that with Blu.

AQ, hands down. You dine in Blu anytime you wish, and the food is far superior to that in MDR. And you get to have breakfast in Blu as well...a lovely, relaxed, and tasty way to start the day esp if you have a table at or near the windows. I have my 4th X S-class cruise coming up and I couldn't imagine sailing anything other than AQ...and that includes most of the suites, because as one who travels solo and is a foodie, stateroom size means less to me than great food and great ambiance. I get that with Blu.

Eating in Blu is like eating in a specialty restaurant every night, well worth $100pp.

We sailed Solstice TA back in 2009 and went AQ. For those 15 days never ate in a specialty restaurant as we considered Blu its own specialty restaurant. Since then we have done two TA's in CC. While the food in the MDR is very good, we are going back to AQ for our next two TA's. With all the sea days, the Persian Gardens will be well worth it.

We were just on the Equinox last month, and were in Aqua Class for the first time. I would absolutely grab the AQ cabin; Blu was outstanding. The service and the food were outstanding; and the relative quiet allowed for table conversation! Blu is anytime dining.

Definitely take AQ for 100. more. We had it on our last TA and loved everything about it, but not so much the dinners. Still went to two specialty. But the breakfast was the best, never went anywhere else. The showers are amazing, as well as the Persian Gardens if you have a lot of sea days, bottled water, etc.

On our upcoming TA we are CC but if there is a huge enough discount before final payment, we will upgrade to AQ again. Right now the difference is almost 400 .p.p

We were booked concierge class for our September cruise and upgraded for about the same price as you are being offered. Blu was the draw for us. I like that it's a smaller venue and that I will see the same faces every day. It makes it more sociable for us. And then there's the super-duper shower in our cabin...:D

Congrats! We sail AQ for the first time in just 4 days upon the Equinox. So excited.

Dawn

Have a great cruise and if you remember and feel like it, come back and tell us all about it !!

BTW---I'm xcited about the Persian Gardens---uh, what exactly is it, and does anybody have pix (can't find them in X's brochures) of it? Enjoy the cruise!

Archived