Will I Like Celebrity?

will773

As you can probably tell from my signature, I love Royal Caribbean. I love everything about them. I haven't seen a line that has the kind of ships that Royal has. I love the promenade and the wide open spaces that are provided on their larger ships. I am 17 years old. Having said that, I recently found a 14 Night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse. Both my grandmom and I LOVE the itinerary, and she says says that we should do it.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

At Sea

At Sea

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

St. Johns, Antigua

Castries, St. Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

St. George's, Grenada

At Sea

Kralendijk, Bonaire

Oranjestad, Aruba

At Sea

At Sea

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

They have been on Celebrity a few times before, including a TA on the Equinox a couple of years ago. They prefer Celebrity to any other line, but like Royal Caribbean when they have other members of the family sailing with them.

So I guess my question is whether or not you think I will enjoy Celebrity or not. I think that with 8 ports, there probably won't be enough time to think about activities anyway, and I will just want to be in the pool. I don't think I would consider it if it were one of the smaller ships, but I only hear great things about the Solstice class, and they look beautiful, so it might be good to give it a try. If anyone could post some pictures of the interior spaces of the Solstice class ships, that would be great!

Thanks

Hi, here is thinking; if you do not try Celebrity Solstice class ships, you'll never know;)

I'am going for the first time on X with the Equinox, so to research I have read many of the reviews here on CC.

To look at interiors or the ship itself, just go on U-tube and type Celebrity Eclipse cruise ship and you will find lots of footage to rummage through.

hi will, didn't Radio's Silhouette thread decide for you?! ;) Celebrity will provide a sparkling ship, wonderful cuisine and service, and that amazing 14 night itinerary. I say book it! You mentioned that with the eight ports of call and time by the pool, you won't need the activities that Royal Caribbean offers, and I know you would have a very memorable cruise with your grandmom on the Eclipse.

I sailed on the Constellation with this same itinerary and loved every minute of it; so much so that I am taking the same cruise next winter on the Eclipse. That being said I should warn you that I am in my 50's and was one of the younger people on the ship! The average age was probably 70. Age is just a number and some of those 70 year olds still party like a rock star so give Celebrity a try and judge for yourself!

I sailed on the Constellation with this same itinerary and loved every minute of it; so much so that I am taking the same cruise next winter on the Eclipse. That being said I should warn you that I am in my 50's and was one of the younger people on the ship! The average age was probably 70. Age is just a number and some of those 70 year olds still party like a rock star so give Celebrity a try and judge for yourself!

I would definitely be prepared for that, especially because it's such a long trip. What's great is I would only miss 4 days of school!

Hi,

There is no question that my kids prefer Royal. It has so much more geared to your age group. Due to the size of the ship, there are many choices of activities and there is constant action to be found. With that said, my kids have also enjoyed every Celebrity ship we have sailed on and especially love the Solstice Class ships. They always meet friends and that is what makes the trip for them. We were on the Eclipse for xmas '10 and the Solstice for xmas '11 and they actually ran into some of the same friends:)

Just keep in mind it is a different experience and have different expectations. Celebrity is much more low key, but if you give it a chance, you may have a great time.

Unless you cruise this during a school vacation time, chances are you will be the only teen on board, so consider that when booking your cruise. If you don't mind going it alone, age-wise, then give it a try, because the average age on Celebrity ships for longer cruises generally can be 70 and older.

What you get on RCI cruises and Celebrity is very different. X is a more upscale experience with, IMHO, better food and service. RCI has a LOT more to do both during the day and at night. On those longer X cruises, the ship will pretty much be asleep by midnight. If that's a concern, you might want to look elsewhere.

X is an excellent cruise line. As with all new experiences, you have to adjust your expectations. RCI is not X and vice versa. You won't find nearly the bells and whistles on X that you find on RCI, but that's compensated by the more upscale experience you get on X

I also LOVE Royal but have taken a few Celebrity Cruises. I agree with you Grandmom that traveling with family members, especially younger family members, I would also go with Royal. It's not that you wouldn't love the ship because you will. it is beautiful but Celebrity is IMHO geared for an older group.

Just be prepared for a different kind of Cruise. No Quest, not parties and parades on the Promenade or things like that.

It is a good itinerary. I think that is another difference in the two Cruise Lines. Celebrity has better Itineraries and Royal is more fun.

I'm sure you will enjoy whatever you decide on.

Unless you cruise this during a school vacation time, chances are you will be the only teen on board, so consider that when booking your cruise. If you don't mind going it alone, age-wise, then give it a try, because the average age on Celebrity ships for longer cruises generally can be 70 and older.

The first week of this cruise is my spring break, but the second week is not. I'm guessing that most families will not be taking their kids on a 14 night cruise in the middle of the school year, so I probably would be an extreme minority on the cruise.

We will see whether or not my grandmom is serious about this one! :)

For some reason, Princess comes to mind as a good fit for you. Have you looked at their itineraries? I think there are younger people on that line, too.

Not neccessarily. We just took a 10 day cruise on Princess and there were hardly any younger folks on the cruise.

I also LOVE Royal but have taken a few Celebrity Cruises. I agree with you Grandmom that traveling with family members, especially younger family members, I would also go with Royal. It's not that you wouldn't love the ship because you will. it is beautiful but Celebrity is IMHO geared for an older group.

Just be prepared for a different kind of Cruise. No Quest, not parties and parades on the Promenade or things like that.

It is a good itinerary. I think that is another difference in the two Cruise Lines. Celebrity has better Itineraries and Royal is more fun.

I'm sure you will enjoy whatever you decide on.

All of what you mentioned is why we are trying Celebrity. We love RCI. Especially the Oasis class and what they offer but we are ready for a change. We are ready for something a little more upscale. I think that Celebrity will fit the bill.:)

My now 25 year old son has cruised with us on Celebrity since he was 3 years old and he loves it! But it all depends on your expectations. If you want to party with friends, do alot of activities, etc., then you may be disappointed. If you want to go low key, relax, and be treated like a king then you will love it. My son enjoys chilling out on our cruises - there is not alot of time to do that in a teen-agers life these days. He always brings his laptop with, loaded with games. He also brings DVDs to watch on it, although the S class ships have quite a few movies free on demand. He brings a couple books and several magazines as well. If you enjoy games like Yahtzee or Boggle or similar, you may want to bring those along. But bottom line, would you be happy with a lazy, take it easy cruise instead of one loaded with activities? Your itinerary (which I would DIE for) has alot of sea days. Are you ok with chilling out on those days? If not, reconsider. Good luck (and lucky you to have this choice!)

We just returned from our first Celebrity Cruise on the Solstice after having cruised on the Oasis and Allure.

Loved them all as I suspect you will.

Very different experiences on both Oasis Class and Solstice Class but a great time nonetheless.

I suspect, having seen a lot of your posts, that you will enjoy any cruise you are on.

The food on the Solstice was great. We liked the freedom of the Premimum Non-Alcoholic Drink Package and Bistro on 5 (especially our DD-13).

We liked it so much we booked another Solstice cruise for next year for Alaska. We also pre-booked an open cruise which we're saving for the Sunshine Class.

The Solstice was beautiful. My DW and DD loved the lawn club and spent a lot of time playing up there. The Hot Glass Show was amazing.

I will say that the Solstice was a lot more serene and clamer than the Oasis and Allure. My DD and DW liked that however, I missed all the activities. There's no belly flop, quest, Love and Marraige, etc. which I enjoyed too. The shows were great too.

Your itinerary looks great so I'd go for that.

Archived