Seven day pill carrier

puggrandma

No, I always do this but I also carry a list of my meds with me just in case. DH uses the extra sticky label that is on the billing section from the drugstore and places it on a very small plastic bag. He carries meds that way to refill the weekly containers for the second week.

If we took meds that were on a controlled substance list, we could carry the contianer.

No. No problems traveling on cruises to Europe, Africa, South America, or North America in almost 40 cruises. I have no recent experience with Australia or Asia. I do wear a Medic Alert ID (medications and doctors are listed at their web address) and carry a list of prescriptions printed off the pharmacy website. No one has even given them a second glance at airport security or customs.

I do not use a seven-day pill holder - would not hold our medication! - but I do use old-style film canisters for the journey part of our trip as well as using smaller containers for those medication which come in very large containers. However, I carry most of the packaging [in a striped-down form] as well as the tear off counterfoil from our prescriptions with us. Having said that, we have never been stopped or asked about the medication we are carrying with us.

Sue

I am a pharmacist and never carry any unlabeled medications with me. I know that the chance of being questioned is small, but it is not worth the risk. I even make sure that over the counter (OTC) meds are well labeled. I am sometimes asked to identify unlabeled meds that patients bring into the hospital, and it can be a challenge. Not all tablets and capsules can be positively identified. As the other posters said, it it critical that you carry a CURRENT list of all meds and doses that you are taking.

While it is rare one will have problems resulting in carrying medications outside of official labeled containers, if possible it is best to keep them in their labeled containers as there is a small chance one could be delayed (due to questioning/inspection) or even have their medications confiscated if they are in generic pill containers.

I have never had an issue; however, I do carry the "controlled substance" medications in their prescription bottles. I have to occasionally take Hydrocodone for my knees & back (I get 7 pills in my prescription at a time, hah!) and I also have a prescription for Ambien, as I sometimes have problems sleeping in strange places. I've had, on occasion, other meds like antibiotics or prescription strength Ibuprofen or allergy meds that I pack in a 7 or 14-day carrier with my vitamins.

Though original containers are the best way to take meds, some people prefer something smaller for various reasons.

In any event, there are a few reasons to make sure you have the documentation showing exactly what you are taking.

1 - TSA or other government types. If there is any question on what "drugs" you have in your possession, a copy of the prescription can clear it up quickly.

2 - If you have any medical problems, it is IMPERATIVE that the medical staff know what you are taking. Expecting that you will be able to tell a Dr what meds you are on, or even that your traveling companions can tell them is a very big and dangerous assumption.

We have not had any issues in Europe todate but for Far East, Australia etc It may be useful to check whether the country you are flying into or out of has any of your meds on its prohibited list. If there is an issue I always write for permission to bring my meds in and take the response with me plus a letter from my doctor saying why I need meds. I usually take original containers then decant into 7 day container on board ship.

In Australia I did have to produce my letters.

We won the lottery the other day and had to go in for a complete inspection.

This issue of a "7 day pill box" came up and it became a real issue .

"Land Crossing treated the same as Air" was one of the things mention. The other stuff such as volumes of liquids and such didn't come up but for some reason "Sharp" objects were mentioned. Maybe because of the vehicle and luggage search. I didn't speak out of turn on the validity of my Car at a land crossing being the same as going though an airport. Just a FYI is all this is/

We cross a lot over the course of a year and at our "Regular" crossing it has never been an issue however this was at one of the larger BC/Wa. crossings.

I had a printout of my meds in my wallet that I actually had forgotten all about until prompted. That worked. Up to that point though there was some talk about refusal. :(

No.

However, it is a good idea to take a list of all the meds you take with prescription numbers, physician names and phone numbers, etc. If you have to do to a doctor while on your cruise or trip, you just hand him the list of what you take. This avoids memory errors and makes it easier for the physician as they just copy the list. This has helped us once or twice.

DON

when traveling with my mother, we have her take 2 of the 7 day planners in case we were unable to return home timely. all narcotics are kept in original containers. she carries a medication list that she has in her wallet plus a printed list from pharmacy which is kept with planners. so far no problems.

And as a pharmacist, you know that clients can ask you to print a sheet of all their current medications and does to carry with them. Mine does.

We carry a 2 week container. Always take extras!

And as a frequent traveler you are aware that TSA, law enforcement here or abroad, or any other agency has NO obligation to accept that list and try and match up the random pills in a multipill carrier and determine if it is what you have on that list.

It isn't worth the risk despite the fact that millions of people do it anyway.

I use a "pill carrier" if I'm traveling for a week, otherwise, I take them in their bottles (with the carrier) and set-up the carrier after onboard. I have a full list of the medications indicating the strength, etc. with me just in case something happens and I am unable to speak. That way the doctor can be informed of what I am taking.

As it relates to my controlled substance prescription, it ALWAYS travels in the original bottle, plus I carry a copy fo the actual prescription. (Not like anyone could read it but a pharmacist or other doctor.) I just don't want to run any risks.

No problem!! Not just for myself but for my kids..

Of course it is a good idea to bring a few days extra in case of delays.

Do not fret over this. Of course write down the names and doses and never pack these in any bag that will leave your sight.

Always take a pill container but it is used for vitamins only. Am fortunate that I don't need any meds. I contribute it to my beer drinking. I always have 2 daily beers but my wife doesn't agree, she claims that I just stop counting at 2.

Always take a pill container but it is used for vitamins only. Am fortunate that I don't need any meds. I contribute it to my beer drinking. I always have 2 daily beers but my wife doesn't agree, she claims that I just stop counting at 2.

She should count just like the musicians do.

One- Two

One - Two

One - Two

I am fortunate that I only take 1 prescription medication. I always carry it in its original container because of an experience a few years ago at Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam. I keep a small bottle of over-the-counter medications in my purse - Alieve, Benedryl, Pepto, & Tylenol. There were a few of each pill type mixed together. My purse was inspected when going through customs/immigration and my pill bottle was taken. I could tell them what each pill was but I did not have any "proof" of what each pill was. They didn't detain me for long so I assume they believed that none of the pills were illegal. However, they did confiscate them. My prescription pills in their original, labeled container were not taken.

Since then my husband has been diagnosed with diabetes. He gets small, labeled bottles from the pharmacist to keep his pills in for travel. It could be life-threatening for him if his pills were taken away.

Archived