Wifi and Trivia Contests

I certainly hope not. We find the trivia contests to be a great diversion on a sea day. I think that most folks will obey the request that no assistance, be they printed materials or electronic, be utilized.

WiFi has nothing to do with trivia.:confused:

Patti, I suspect the OP is figuring people will use their smart phones to access Google during the trivia contest. Like someone else said, seems rather foolish (and expensive) to win a $0.50 key ring.

Bob

Why would they do that? Seems a rather expensive way of cheating to go online in order to win a key ring..... am I missing something?

Not everyone has the same value system. We had a guy clearly conferring with some handheld electronic screen halfway through a contest on the Grandeur. The host spotted him and told him to put it away.

WiFi has nothing to do with trivia.:confused:

It does if you are sitting at afternoon trivia on a NE/Canada cruise and your opponents are using smartphones and laptops to cheat.:eek::cool: Next trivia contest, it was pointed out that googling was considered cheating.

Patti, I suspect the OP is figuring people will use their smart phones to access Google during the trivia contest. Like someone else said, seems rather foolish (and expensive) to win a $0.50 key ring.

Bob

It does if you are sitting at afternoon trivia on a NE/Canada cruise and your opponents are using smartphones and laptops to cheat.:eek::cool: Next trivia contest, it was pointed out that googling was considered cheating.

Just seems a little extreme to me to pay $.65 a minute to win a Royal Caribbean International Communication Device........aka ink pen!

And since we are trivia players, we have seen those using their iPods and Smart Phones.:o

Just seems a little extreme to me to pay $.65 a minute to win a Royal Caribbean International Communication Device........aka ink pen!

And since we are trivia players, we have seen those using their iPods and Smart Phones.:o

Yep, I certainly agree.

Glad to hear you play trivia. So do we. Maybe we can team up sometime?

Bob

That need to win a .17 cent pen or 37 cent key ring and are willing to spend $$$$$ on wi-fi connections to do it? They probably also claim that THEY invite the Captain to eat with them!

PS.....90% of the logo'd stuff that is given away goes by the nickame of CPS.....Cheap Plastic ****

I agree but some just need those wonderful pens and keychains.:rolleyes:

We go just for the fun of it. Yes, we have won many times but we have lost just as many too. Some really take it too seriously though.

I long ago ceased to be amazed at the lengths that some people will go, or how low they will stoop, just to win a meaningless and usually worthless prize. Just look at the folks who go to the Quest with a bag filled with items. At the Progressive Trivia on Jewel a few years ago, the CD constantly reminded the players that they were playing for "a key chain", not a key chain for each person on the team but a single key chain. There were some who still wanted to argue over some of the answers. Hard to imagine what some would do if there were a prize of any real value at stake.:rolleyes:

It's an ego trip for some people. We were on Voyager and played progressive trivia which required participating in three different sessions.

One of the people on one other team had this "know it all," "I'm the expert" attitude. I won't go into details but she was truly obnoxious the whole cruise.

For me, I am competitive but will not be upset if I lose. This was the one exception. Our whole team of six laid back individuals wanted nothing more than beat this know-it-all.

Bottom line - we won by one point... and instead of congratulating us the KIA complained bitterly that she should have won and deserved to win.

We've seen it too...it's flat out cheating. We love to play and often humbly ask if we can join others. We have met so many good friends from all over the world...playing trivia. To us, its not about winning the pens or keychains...its making long-lasting friendships. :)

It wasn't us!

Frankly, getting caught googling during a trivia contest is pretty close to a keel-hauling event.

I won a very nice bag at trivia on Navigator in January.

In any event, I can usually beat anybody looking up answers on Google 90% of the time for 90% of the questions. And I know I am not alone in being able to do that. So what's the point? :cool:

Oh, and by the way, there is always somebody playing who knows more than you. Or me. That's why teams are so much fun, especially if you don't know each other. Great way to make friends, as somebody else posted.

Hope everybody has great cruises.

Why would you have to cheat using Google when they use the same questions from one cruise to the next. It took the fun out of trivia on the second week of a B2B. We just refused to play the second time!

I agree that using smart phones is cheating. What is the Quest?

Quest is a scavenger hunt. It's a late night event strictly for Adults only. It's hysterical but you DO need to have a sense of humour, be open-minded to a bit of male disrobing and being slightly inebriated helps....

Archived