Blu for breakfast

mimbecky

I read somewhere on these boards that Blu is open for breakfast to everyone without an upcharge. Can someone confirm. Also, the upcharge of $5 for dinner in Blu- is that also open to everyone (based on availability)?

I read somewhere on these boards that Blu is open for breakfast to everyone without an upcharge. Can someone confirm. Also, the upcharge of $5 for dinner in Blu- is that also open to everyone (based on availability)?

Breakfast is free for AQ and Suite guests. Dinner is available for AQ guests with no charge and for Suite guests on a space available basis for $5.00, per person. My understanding is that the chances of the latter occuring is slim.

Blu is avaiable for breakfast only for Aqua Class or Suite guests. Blu is the dinner venue for AQ guests. Suite guests may pay the charge if space is available. Blu not available to others with or without charge and they are extremely strict about this!

"I read somewhere on these boards that Blu is open for breakfast to everyone without an upcharge. Can someone confirm. Also, the upcharge of $5 for dinner in Blu- is that also open to everyone (based on availability)?"

No to both.

No, just coming off the Silhouette and being a AQ class passenger we had the delight and privilege to eat in Blu for both dinner and breakfast. While waiting for our table on the first night we heard a conversation between the Matre d' and a passenger regarding their friends who were not AQ passenger. Passengers were told under no circumstances could anyone other than AQ or suite passengers eat in Blu for breakfast or dinner.

Hope this helps. We loved Blu and will sail AQ again just to eat there. We only gained 2 lbs on a 12 night cruise! Dishes were lighter and served so well we ate slower and enjoyed dinner every night. Loved the roasted tomatoes for breakfast.

Enjoy!

We were on the Infinity last month and tried Aqua Class for the first time. The hubby and I were very pleased with Blu, and have booked Aqua Class again for a pair of back-to-back cruises next spring.

Last month on the Infinity we observed the Blu maitre 'd very firmly and politely telling another couple that they could not have dinner in Blu since they were not in either Aqua Class or a suite. Apparently the other couple had read the menu posted outside Blu and wanted to eat there.

Just did Infinity (aqua class). Tried Blu one day for breakfast. Thought it was okay. I basically went to the buffet the rest of the trip and found very similar items. They definitely have original items (eg. they can make you an egg white omelette and healthy stuff like that) but the whole "menu in your face" at 8am is way to formal for me.

Blu is very accomodating, for example I asked for corned beef hash and they had it although not on the menu....but one thing they don't have is hollandaise sauce, so no eggs benedict. Having this urge, we went to the main buffet for breakfast the next morning.....

To get a table, you really need to find one when you go in, else when you get your food, it will get cold while you are looking for a table. Then one of you can get your food...oh, no trays....bring back eggs, bring back orange juice (canned), bring back coffee....now the other person can get their breakfast and eat while you watch them. If you want hot pancakes or waffles and fresh eggs made to order, you can pick which of them will be cold when you eat them.

Personally, we didn't find that all that much fun and gladly went back to Blu for breakfast, I just didn't have eggs benedict again.

Blu is very accomodating, for example I asked for corned beef hash and they had it although not on the menu....but one thing they don't have is hollandaise sauce, so no eggs benedict. Having this urge, we went to the main buffet for breakfast the next morning.....

To get a table, you really need to find one when you go in, else when you get your food, it will get cold while you are looking for a table. Then one of you can get your food...oh, no trays....bring back eggs, bring back orange juice (canned), bring back coffee....now the other person can get their breakfast and eat while you watch them. If you want hot pancakes or waffles and fresh eggs made to order, you can pick which of them will be cold when you eat them.

Personally, we didn't find that all that much fun and gladly went back to Blu for breakfast, I just didn't have eggs benedict again.

The main dining room is open for breakfast where you may order anything you want and it is all served hot and delicious. No carrying dishes or cold food.We were refused corned beef hash or hasbrowns in Blu,requested them for the next day but were told no they were not available,same thing for drawn butter for the dried up lobster tail.This was on the Solstice. It appears each ship is different.

You definitely have to book Aqua Class if you want to be sure to eat in Blu every day. We were on "Solstice" in May and at dinner time it was quite often that we had to wait 5-15 minutes for a table even as late as 9 pm ( sometimes by choice if we wanted to wait for a window table) . There's simply not enough room to accomodate other passengers, Suite guests perhaps being an exception.

Blu for breakfast is exceptional and we only went to the buffet twice because we wanted some specials not available in Blu - but we went back quickly the following day to enjoy our Strawberry and Blueberry parfaits, muesli specially prepared at the table, much better salmon than in the Oceanview Café, freshly made, still warm Danish, freshly squeezed juices - I want to be back.... Immediately please!

You won't like Blu if you're a steak-and-potato-eater for breakfast, even if they do a great omelet with lots of choices for side dishes like bacon etc. And if you ask for a boiled egg, they will ask you how many minutes you want it boiled - and it IS done according to your wishes.

The next time you are in Blu for breakfast, ask for eggs benedict! I did! The only time they wouldn't make them for me was on the sea day when brunch was served.

Monica

PS: I just re-read your posting. Mine came with hollandaise sauce (I was on the Summit recently)

Breakfast is free for AQ and Suite guests. Dinner is available for AQ guests with no charge and for Suite guests on a space available basis for $5.00, per person. My understanding is that the chances of the latter occuring is slim.

Not true...if you are staying in a suite and you are flexible with your times you are usually able to eat dinner in Blu, we just did on Equinox 8 out of 11 nights, the other nights we were in Spec. Rest. we just went when they had space, usually before 7PM.

Archived