How important is a nice cabin to you?

Bridge Maven

How important is a nice cabin to you?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. How important is a nice cabin to you?

• Not at all - I book the cheapest cabin on a ship
    • I need at least a window
    • I need at least a balcony
    • Size is very important to me
    • I will pay a lot more to get a suite
    • I will pay a little more to get a suite
    • I consider quality of cabins when I choose a cruise line
    • I won't book anything less than a suite
    • I like nice cabins but will make an exception for a cheap cruise
    • It depends upon the length of the cruise
    • It depends upon the itinerary
    • I won't book anything less than concierge class
    • I won't book anything less than aqua class
    • Other - comment below

How important is a nice cabin to you? Check all that apply. This poll allows for multiple responses.

Nice cabin - incredibly important to us. We spend a fair amount of time in our cabin and space and decor is quite important. Suites are preferred, but will book Aqua Class most of the time for Blu. On other lines - must be at least a mini-suite. Enjoy your cruising!

Ummm - not seeing a poll here. For the sake of discussion though- incredibly important to us. We spend a fair amount of time in our cabin and space and decor is quite important.

Reed Princess - Poll is there now. There is a slight time gap between original post and posting of a poll on cruise critic.

An inside cabin is fine, as long as it is in a quiet location. We usually start with a CAT 9 (at CAT 8 price), and we will upgrade if the price is right.

Since we cruise two, three or four times a year, we need to keep the budget in check.

If we only had two weeks a year for vacation, perhaps we would go all out??

Enjoy!

Kel:)

The size, and quality of the cabin is very important. I cant book anything less than a veranda.

Celebrity's cabins aren't large, but they are functional. My next cruise will be my first non aqua class one. I couldn't justify the fare difference with the single supplement.

The size of the cabin isn't that important. We have never had a suite or even a junior suite, and only an outside cabin with a window twice....otherwise it's always a normal balcony cabin. To us a huge part of the cruise experience is sitting out on our veranda.

I can't remember ever having an inside cabin, but my husband insists that we did once....so I must have hated it so much I put it out of my memory. :eek:

On S class i always did AQ class for the spa area but on Azamara and others go for a suite.. this coming spring i gave an AQ class suite. .so i get my cabin space and my spa time.

Having a large spacious cabin with a balcony is important to me. On Celebrity I prefer to have a suite because their regular cabins are not that large. However, on our recent Disney cruise we had their largest balcony cabin that was not a suite because it was close to 300 square feet. It also had a split bathroom, with two sinks, and the best shower I ever had on a ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balcony is most important to us. Size is second since we usually book a cabin that includes our two kids.

Mahdnc - our daughter does the same. She has three children - ages 5, 3, and an infant. So they now book two adjacent cabins with a connecting door between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We prefer a balcony but having been on 35 cruises already, many have been in OV. We prefer "bucket list" cruises and therefore the prices are pretty steep to go where we want to go. I would rather be in an OV and on an fantastic itinerary with a high price than a balcony or better in the Caribbean.

We went Window on our first two cruises, then Celebrity offered us a Balcony for just a few bucks more....took it and never went back. Even on the Port-Intensive, cool w cruises, one around the UK and the other a May Baltic cruise, still stayed with a balcony. Just love stepping out there and catchng the sea breeze, checking the wx, looking foward and aft. On At Sea days, spend more than a short visit out there... great place to have breakfast and just enjoy being at sea.

We did Concierge on a E Euro B2B follwed by a TA back to FLL on Solstice. Didnt need the snacks and a few of the other CC things, but really liked the showerhead, the robe and a few other niceities. We went back to regular balcony for the next cruises, but decided to jump back to CC on this upcoming. When you are making a month cruise (two 14D cruises!), decided the CC extras would be nice, and CC3 was great.

We tried AQ...enjoyed BLU, but for us, not that big of a deal, so sticking with MDR.

As for a Suite, although we love to entertain, haven't tried one yet. The prices are usually a good jump up so probably wont....dont need the room for the two of us. we dont sit in the SR for hrs (well, at night we do!). Would be nice to throw a party at sea, but we find nice venues for that or ask just one couple over.

Den

We enjoy a balcony, but it is by no means essential for us. We usually do longer cruises to interesting locations and would rather be on the ship in an inside cabin than at home waiting for a balcony. I doubt if we would ever travel in a suite because the cost for a B2B or a sixteen day cruise would mean we could only travel once a year. Our next two cruises are in a 1A with an oversized balcony and following that an inside cabin.

Sheila

We do a lot of cruising on many different lines and Cabins are a Very important part of our decision making process. We like Seabourne and Silversea and Regent very much as their smallest cabins are around 285 sq feet.....and we DO spend time in our cabin. Their food is also better however the cabins are a major draw....

For Mass market cruiselines, we mostly book suites for the same reason....SPACE....when we walk by other cabins and see they are so small, we couldn't do it....too claustrophobic for us.

Funnily enough, we rarely go out on our balcony and on our last cruise had a royal suite on the Silhouette and only opened the door in the morning to see how cool it was to determine if we needed a jacket or not.... To each their own.....

Happy sails to all!

What's important to me is the ship, not the cabin. I'll pay perhaps 5% more for a window and perhaps 15% more for a balcony, but the ship the cabin is on is very important, along with the itinerary.

Roy

The cabin is "home" for the duration of the cruise. I look for three main things: a large window or balcony if the price is right, cleanliness, and location for noise control. As for toiletries, I bring what I need. I've gone for the cheapest inside ONCE, but won't do it again. For just a bit more, I book what I consider comfortable. FOR ME, if I can't afford a bit more, then I won't go away.

Cabin quality and location are important;balcony is a priority. We live in Manhattan, so are used to living in a cabin-sized apartment.

Funny. So a cabin must be a real treat for you! I get it...I grew up in a family of five in a one bedroom Manhattan apartment.

We are rarely in our cabin other than to sleep and dress so they type is of little consequence to us. Of course we prefer the verandas, but with airfare skyrocketing we're happy just to be on the ship. I'm actually doing an inside for my next cruise (I've only done inside once before). Location however, IS a priority. My main concern is the deck above. I like to have cabins above me.

Archived