Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

I guess that I should have used a smiley. Sarcasm doesn't always come across well. OK, how about this: I heard that they are taking away towel monkeys!

lolol....I kind of didn't think that with your D+ status and future cruises in your sig that you were serious:)

:eek: 14 pages in 24 hours over LUGGAGE TAGS???? Is this some internet chat board version of being Punk'd? Sorry - I'm firmly in the "there are better things to worry about than this" camp. <shaking my head and walking away>

....and just think.....people thought Royal was about to put a daily free Filet on the menu fleet wide:p

:eek: 14 pages in 24 hours over LUGGAGE TAGS???? Is this some internet chat board version of being Punk'd? Sorry - I'm firmly in the "there are better things to worry about than this" camp. <shaking my head and walking away>

.....yea worried about kids on a "family cruise line"................:rolleyes:

From their website:

"We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier."

Guess I won't get mine after all.

I agree... but it gives the rest of us amusement and a chance to brush up on our vocabularies...

PETTY:

When someone takes a small subject and blows it out of proportion.

At times, making something otherwise insignificant into something bigger to suit their own agenda.

From their website:

"We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier."

Guess I won't get mine after all.

Where did you see that? I'm suppose to be able to get them as my edocs have already been issued but I can't. I didn't that info either.

Where did you see that? I'm suppose to be able to get them as my edocs have already been issued but I can't. I didn't that info either.

It was under "Cruise Documentation." I don't know if it only applies to my cruise, or if they are stopping it altogether. I have ordered mine twice for this cruise and never received them.

It was under "Cruise Documentation." I don't know if it only applies to my cruise, or if they are stopping it altogether. I have ordered mine twice for this cruise and never received them.

If you ordered them 2X that is why you are getting that message.....you were always only allowed to place 2 orders for luggage tags.

I guess you missed the posts when "chocolates on the pillows" were taken away :eek::D

I guess you missed the posts when "chocolates on the pillows" were taken away :eek::D

The first time that I found out about that was a cruise where I had put a saved one on my DW's pillow the night before the cruise in order to start her cruise out right. Some men can never do anything right. ;)

LOL - oh no I remember those screams of agony too! :D Every single business is whittling away at anything they can to secure profits. I get it. I merely save my shrieking and tearing of clothing over important things like getting evicted from the concierge lounge one cruise after becoming Diamond. :)

Not sure when you are going,but Im going Sept 23rd......no luggage tags for me.........just the paper ones you print out..

Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out. :p

I would definately be willing to pay $5.00 for a set of luggage tags for upcoming cruises. They are so much easier than making your own or using the ones at the pier. On the large ships, I can see where not having luggage tags with the colors for quadrant and deck are going to delay luggage delivery quite a bit. Maybe Royal will rethink this one! We can hope!

What looks to be our last set of luggage tags arrived in the mail today. I will cherish them for life. :p :D

I received my last set today, also. Guess I will keep one for old times' sake :D At least I still have happy anticipation for arrival of the luggage tag holders I ordered last night, so I have somewhere to put the yucky paper ones after I print them next time.

I ordered mine first thing last friday 8/3 when my docs were available. I got the message later about the amount ordered exceeded their allowable limit. I called RCI and was told that I was going to receive the tags; I must have accidentALly ordered more than 2 sets. Don't recall doing that. They said I would have them in 5 to 7 days so we will wait and see.

I would definately be willing to pay $5.00 for a set of luggage tags for upcoming cruises. They are so much easier than making your own or using the ones at the pier. On the large ships, I can see where not having luggage tags with the colors for quadrant and deck are going to delay luggage delivery quite a bit. Maybe Royal will rethink this one! We can hope!

I don't think you have to worry about that. If they are like the ones we print for our Carnival cruises they are colored for your deck and location on the deck. Just use a color printer.

I'll give you $5.00 for them.

$10.00 if they are in Mint Condition. :D :D

Hey Glenn -- how much for my last "real" ticket booklet (remember those)??? ;):p

(BTW -- miss you guys over in the Floataway Lounge, but I've been pretty busy with cruise planning, and ..... well, is there anything in the world more important than cruise planning? :cool: Please say hi to "Nauti" and the gang, for me -- I'll turn up over there again, eventually! :D)

Archived