Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

That would be your "set sail pass". That's what has people confused. The one and only sea pass is your room key. I knew what you meant though.

Gina

Thanks for the correction:)....set-sail....sea-pass...no-baggage-tag..:p

In all seriousness...I made my comment about staging a protest in the above post in jest....but seriously...this is a change that is totally dependent upon the cooperation of the guest. If guests were to not be little goody two shoes Betty home makers and print their own luggage tags and everyone started to showing up at the port without luggage tags....I would bet bottom $ that there would be some type of reversal real fast. I am not taking sides or trying to beat this topic to death....but seriously...this is one that the CL is basing on that passengers will not care and gladly take the time and expense of making up your own luggage tags.

In all seriousness...I made my comment about staging a protest in the above post in jest....but seriously...this is a change that is totally dependent upon the cooperation of the guest. If guests were to not be little goody two shoes Betty home makers and print their own luggage tags and everyone started to showing up at the port without luggage tags....I would bet bottom $ that there would be some type of reversal real fast. I am not taking sides or trying to beat this topic to death....but seriously...this is one that the CL is basing on that passengers will not care and gladly take the time and expense of making up your own luggage tags.

I'm onboard with this idea and will stage this quiet protest on my next cruise and will also make a note of it on my guest survey.;)

I don't relish the thought of making luggage tags out for the 7 pieces of luggage I check for my family of 5. I think I'll let the porters do it and let them earn their tip, for a change.

My crafting days were over when my last son left middle school.

I don't relish the thought of making luggage tags out for the 7 pieces of luggage I check for my family of 5. I think I'll let the porters do it and let them earn their tip, for a change.

Only 7 pieces...You are lucky ...my family of 6 adults travels with 12 pieces :eek::D

You just have to print them not make them out. Print , put in a luggage tag holder or laminate them- whatever. For me it's worth the couple of bucks to purchase luggage tag holders which can be used again and again.

To us this is no big deal since Carnival stopped mailing luggage tags a few years ago. I knew it was coming. And I'm sure it's coming to all cruise lines sooner or later.

And I doubt seriously if porters are going to stand around filling out luggage tags for you while missing out on tips-they are going to hand the tags to you and you fill them out if you wait until you get to the port.

Things change-just sayin':D!

You may not see the luggage tags at the cruise port (I think you meant that rather than airport) but they are there. Just ask and you shall receive.

Gina

No I meant airport , I know that the cruise port porters have luggage tags but when you land at the airport and pick your bags up the porters at the airport grab your bags and put them on cages to then transport them to the cruise port for you ,you don't see your bags again till they arrive outside your cabin , it's those airport porters that I have never seen with luggage tags .

No I meant airport , I know that the cruise port porters have luggage tags but when you land at the airport and pick your bags up the porters at the airport grab your bags and put them on cages to then transport them to the cruise port for you ,you don't see your bags again till they arrive outside your cabin , it's those airport porters that I have never seen with luggage tags .

Nor should they have them.

I'm onboard with this idea and will stage this quiet protest on my next cruise and will also make a note of it on my guest survey.;)

I won't be doing it in protest. I just simply won't be showing up with tags. I, too, am not going through this arts and crafts stuff. The way I see it I did my part to help out RCI..... I gave them a credit card number. They should be happy with that.

What is "arts and crafts" about printing out a luggage tag and putting it in a holder or laminating it or using clear packing tape? You don't have to add "bling" to it or even write on it at all.

I don't do arts and crafts either.

I get your point. And I absolutely agree with you.

But....you and I DO have use for the nursery. Oh, yes we do. :D If you know what I mean. ;)

Gina

Yes, I do, and you're right- I DO have use for the nursery, just not for my own (older) kids. :D

What is "arts and crafts" about printing out a luggage tag and putting it in a holder or laminating it or using clear packing tape? You don't have to add "bling" to it or even write on it at all.

I don't do arts and crafts either.

Have you read some of these posts?:eek:

I've read them all. Just because some are going the arts and crafts route doesn't mean I have to.

My point was all you have to do is print them and figure out how you want to attach them. The easiest way for me was to order luggage tag holders for a couple of bucks.

I hate to say it but those of you who are having a stroke about having to print out your luggage tags and attach them yourself to your luggage might just have to give up cruising.

Life is way too short to get all upset about this. JMHO

I've read them all. Just because some are going the arts and crafts route doesn't mean I have to.

My point was all you have to do is print them and figure out how you want to attach them. The easiest way for me was to order luggage tag holders for a couple of bucks.

I hate to say it but those of you who are having a stroke about having to print out your luggage tags and attach them yourself to your luggage might just have to give up cruising.

Prior to this whole episode, people who have preprinted their own tags have suggested laminating them because they tend to rip off if you don't. Laminating, cutting, punching holes, and using twist ties is 'arts and crafts' to me. I'm glad you don't mind it. I don't want to do it for 5 people.

Nobody is having a stoke so why not just stop with the hyperbole. Why does it bother you so much that people are unhappy about it? If it doesn't bother you, no need to criticize, just skip on over to the next thread. ;)

Wow, I am really surprised that no conspiracy theorists have landed here. Isn't it obvious what no tags is leading up to. With all the cut backs and changes that are occurring both here in the cruise industry and the airlines, the obvious next step for RCI after abolishing free luggage tags is to start charging for any luggage that RCI must handle for you. After all, you are perfectly capable of carrying your own luggage. Why should RCI provide you free luggage handling?

Wow, I am really surprised that no conspiracy theorists have landed here. Isn't it obvious what no tags is leading up to. With all the cut backs and changes that are occurring both here in the cruise industry and the airlines, the obvious next step for RCI after abolishing free luggage tags is to start charging for any luggage that RCI must handle for you. After all, you are perfectly capable of carrying your own luggage. Why should RCI provide you free luggage handling?

Or maybe just a luggage charge period. Less luggage means less work for the crew, less weight on the ship means better mileage, etc., etc. What line would be the first to advertise First Two Bags Sail Free. :D

There is a web site that sells all sorts of cruise related stuff and I ordered these really nice luggage tag holders from them. They are re-usable clear plastic. You take your printed luggage tag, fold, insert it into the holder and attach to your luggage handle with the included strap. Mine were around $3 each which includes the shipping cost. I love them! No more laminating, packing tape etc.

Google cuise luggage tag holders and you should find it.

I bought some these as well for a Princess cruise we took in March, so I am prepared now for my RCI cruises.

Or maybe just a luggage charge period. Less luggage means less work for the crew, less weight on the ship means better mileage, etc., etc. What line would be the first to advertise First Two Bags Sail Free. :D

Awhile ago a thread was started on ways that RCI could either save money or enhance revenues. Someone suggested exactly this, that RCI should do like the airlines and institute a baggage charge.:rolleyes:

Archived