Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

It is how other cruise lines do it, and it works. MSC, Carnival, HAL, and Princess all do it this way. Even Windstar didn't give out luggage tags!

The tags do not need to be colour coded. It is what is written on them that counts.

So take a deep breath! It will be fine! I recommend putting one tag on each handle. I have never had a problem getting my luggage.;)

Have they changed? It has been a while since I sailed HAL, but they used to give out heavy duty luggage tags,

I can see it now, all those Suite guests who still receive the traditional luggage tags will be looking all over the ship for the luggage that never arrived at their Suite. Seems the luggage tags had such a sentimental appeal to so many customers that they were being ripped off the suitcases as souvenirs.

We have gone on many last minute cruises where we didn't have tags, just printed out the ones emailed and used clear mailing tape to laminate so to speak or got tags from the Porters. No big deal.

They used to send out gorgeous booklets, but that ended in 2009. Now it is just edocs and paper luggage tags.

I will miss the booklets, for sure. We used to get airline tickets mailed to us as well, and clearly that day has passed! But I will channel my inner Martha Stewart, as one other poster has said, and make the best damn luggage tags possible with a little packaging tape! :D

Hidden message - you must have the secret decoder ring to read it. (highlight it)

Or share a soda card. :D

1. we sorta do that already and.....

2. how didja do that trick with the secret decoder message (channeling Nicki Finke here)

<<edit- I see, white typeface :D:D >>

Whilst the cruise tag holders shown below (sold in the UK and Canada) are not for RCI, they do give an idea of the differing widths. The printed e-tags for P&O, Princess, Cunard etc. (when folded) are wider and are a snug fit inside the vinyl wallets. As you can see Celebrity (and I assume RCI) require more folds and are, as a result, narrower.

Given the RCI tags seem on a par with those issued by Celebrity I'd probably wait until arriving at the pier before putting them onto my luggage e.g. just before handing my bags over to the porters. It seems 'unlikely' the folded paper would slip out, but I wouldn't like to test it through an airline baggage handling system. Another suggestion might be to place a staple in the top opening/flap to prevent the tag falling out once inside.

Fgallery26-4.jpg

I would skip buying the luggage tag holders and just use clear white packaging tape since I already have plenty of that on hand. Since the tag holders are only needed one way, that's one less little thing for me to bring home. I used a printed out luggage tag from Carnival with the clear tape method with no problem at all.

Gina

I will miss not getting them - loved to see them in the mail box. But I just ordered the tag holders (don't want to mess with strapping tape all the time). Got them really inexpensive, so got 8 of them. that will take care of it for me.

I will miss not getting them - loved to see them in the mail box. But I just ordered the tag holders (don't want to mess with strapping tape all the time). Got them really inexpensive, so got 8 of them. that will take care of it for me.

I ordered them as well (for a Princess cruise). less fuss

serendipity is the website to get the clear holders. worked great and are reusable cruise after cruise. I didn't like the wraps that came with them to hold them, but you can get the electrical tie wraps and cut them for each cruise. They won't fall off with them!

I ordered mine from the same site. With doing some sort of cruise almost every month or so, constantly using packing tape would become a pain. So I just ordered the holders and will now bring the tags from edocs. No big deal other than it was nice to see the pretty tags come in the mail:)

WE are going on the Allure on Sunday and rec'd luggage tags yesterday in the mail. We booked. GTY interior room. We were upgraded to a broad walk balcony, which was a nice surprise, but not a suite. Just thought I would put that info out there. Happy cruising everyone!

Whilst the cruise tag holders shown below (sold in the UK and Canada) are not for RCI, they do give an idea of the differing widths. The printed e-tags for P&O, Princess, Cunard etc. (when folded) are wider and are a snug fit inside the vinyl wallets. As you can see Celebrity (and I assume RCI) require more folds and are, as a result, narrower.

Given the RCI tags seem on a par with those issued by Celebrity I'd probably wait until arriving at the pier before putting them onto my luggage e.g. just before handing my bags over to the porters. It seems 'unlikely' the folded paper would slip out, but I wouldn't like to test it through an airline baggage handling system. Another suggestion might be to place a staple in the top opening/flap to prevent the tag falling out once inside.

Fgallery26-4.jpg

We are in Canada, do you know who carries them so I can get some.

Thank-you

Andrew

Not if 2000-3000 others are also trying to do it!

Thank you! But alas, I guess I'll adapt. I'll wait till we get to the hotel to put them on as I think the airlines consider it a challenge to forceably remove any other tags

This is just hilarious. With all that there is to worry about in life and cruises, luggage tags are the least. LOL!

Instead of looking at this about being about luggage tags, think about it as being about your luggage showing up, or not, in your cabin.

Carnival stopped mailing luggage tags years ago. We've printed them from our edocs, used packing tape to make them sturdy (I don't have a laminator). I fold over & hole punch them & use a ponytail holder to attach them to my luggage. I don't put them on until after I have picked up my luggage at the airport. That's why I use a ponytail holder instead of stapling - not interested in losing the tag on the flight or carrying around a stapler. I can print as many tags as I need, so I usually print them for my tote bag, camera bag, etc. That way if I were to walk off & leave it, hopefully it will be returned.

I know the porters have luggage tags, but I'm just not interested in waiting around for them - did that once.

Yes, it was always exciting to get those tags, but I agree with others - rather have them cut expenses there than on the ship.

Airlines hate other tags...and face it they do not need help losing bags...

And some of the laminating sheets you can buy are.sticky...they are heavier plastic...self stick...no need for a machine.....they work great....

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

Archived