Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

Not to drudge this back up, but I just wanted to say that our cruise docs became available 8/11 with the button for luggage tags still available, so I figured I would give it a shot.

Came home on my lunch today, and my luggage tags were in our mailbox...

so either they are still working on phasing them out or we got lucky...multiple others on our roll call have reported still being able to order them also and we sail Sept. 29 on Oasis...

Also...we are lowly Golds with 1 cruise under our belt staying in a D7 balcony...so definatly not a Pinnacle or Suite Guest...

Now with the drought news all over the TV.....and food prices going up what will RCL do now????

"Today RCI announced a new surcharge. Starting this Saturday, RCI will impose a surcharge of 10% whenever the price of corn exceeds $8.00 per bushel". RCI told this reporter off the record that they were extremely sorry to have to do this to their loyal customers, but business was after all business.

Now with the drought news all over the TV.....and food prices going up what will RCL do now????

It's hard to picture drought here in FL....we have had more rain this summer than I ever remember since moving here in 92.....there sure is no drought in FL....water is sitting in places not seen before.

It's hard to picture drought here in FL....we have had more rain this summer than I ever remember since moving here in 92.....there sure is no drought in FL....water is sitting in places not seen before.

Please send it out west.......:) don't want to get off subject but I guess I will.....I would appreciate someone figuring out how to get all the flood water to the non-flood states. Google/Facebook/Starbucks folks are so smart there has to be someone who can come up with something.

There is also drought in Russia I think too - another major provider of wheat. The rains in Australia have been exceptional for our crops this year and much of our crop has been marked for export overseas. Our drought ended early last year but had been endured for around 6 years prior. Seems like Mother Nature is quite cyclical.

I just ordered some nice tags off Amazon. :p

There is also drought in Russia I think too - another major provider of wheat. The rains in Australia have been exceptional for our crops this year and much of our crop has been marked for export overseas. Our drought ended early last year but had been endured for around 6 years prior. Seems like Mother Nature is quite cyclical.

I just ordered some nice tags off Amazon. :p

I'm glad that you were able to keep your post on topic.:D

I'm glad that you were able to keep your post on topic.:D

Thought that was pretty clever;):p

I have to have my luggage tags from Amazon delivered to a Box in the USA and then I have to get them on-shipped to me.

So the issue of RCL bag tags is such a non issue to me. (see, just keeping it on topic again :p)

Looks like a lot of people ordered the clear luggage tag holders....so they can just print them out and go that route.....I think that's great. I really don't have a great issue with Royal wanting to go that route.....I just think that it may have been nice for Royal to go ahead and complimentary send out a few of those luggage tag holders to their most loyal C&A members that will no longer get the tags mailed.....like Diamond and Diamond Plus members.....that kind jester would have gone a long way I bet.

Looks like a lot of people ordered the clear luggage tag holders....so they can just print them out and go that route.....I think that's great. I really don't have a great issue with Royal wanting to go that route.....I just think that it may have been nice for Royal to go ahead and complimentary send out a few of those luggage tag holders to their most loyal C&A members that will no longer get the tags mailed.....like Diamond and Diamond Plus members.....that kind jester would have gone a long way I bet.

Good idea! Royal could also include luggage tag holders as gifts in the Diamonds in December celebration. If they would have thought this through, they could have had Royal logo luggage tag holders ready to order through Gifts and Gear.

Bob

Good idea! Royal could also include luggage tag holders as gifts in the Diamonds in December celebration. If they would have thought this through, they could have had Royal logo luggage tag holders ready to order through Gifts and Gear.

Bob

I think bajathree is on to something. Instead of key chains, I think they should also be the new trivia prizes!!! :D

Bob

Or they could start giving them out as C&A welcome back gifts in the cabins. Imagine, a C&S gift that someone might actually use.:eek:

Go to Central Florida if you want to see serious drought conditions. Water is receding from docks on the lakes. We have totally dry thunder storms.

For what it's worth, I still had the option to order luggage tags rom Royal's website last Sunday. My tags arrived today. They will make nice souviners as I am sure these will be the last ones I receive by mail.

Archived