Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

So for those who would still prefer to receive luggage tags does this continue to be an option?

From the RCI web site:

"If you received printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book."

So for those who would still prefer to receive luggage tags does this continue to be an option?

From the RCI web site:

"If you received printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book."

Yes, that option has been around since they stopped automatically sending paper documents a few years ago. I imagine it will continue to be offered, as long as it's cost effective for them.

What I don't get is why would this make it a perk for suite guests?

We always stay in a GS.

Now if I figure out a way to walk around showing off my luggage tags, along with my gold card for all to see......:rolleyes:

I just started a new business. I sell a lanyard that holds both your gold card and a spare luggage tag. Now you can be sure that everyone knows. Email me for prices and details. On the plus side, if you pass out, they can deliver you to your room.

I just started a new business. I sell a lanyard that holds both your gold card and a spare luggage tag. Now you can be sure that everyone knows. Email me for prices and details. On the plus side, if you pass out, they can deliver you to your room.

I was thinking the pin wearers could just pin the tag on with the pin. It's not so good for your business though. ;)

Gina

Please help me understand how ending luggage tags in your words simplifies things. Lets review: At no additional cost to me I order them on line, receive them in the mail, peel the backing, stick them on my luggage, and drop the luggage off with the porter. How much more simple can it get?

Ok, I can't resist... it CAN be simpler than that: DON"T take the time to order online, open the mail, peel the backing off and stick them on the luggage yourself. Instead, just show your Set Sail pass (which is probably in your hand anyway, since you're about to check in) to the porter and he'll do the rest. Technically, that IS simpler. ;)

700 posts and you people are still sniping over this issue? Have the moderators fallen asleep or are they just letting people air it out. Of course maybe I just violated the first rule of moderation ,don't talk about moderation. ;)

Officially checking out of all luggage tag threads and will resist the temptation to read any new ones.

Yeah, right, BillOh.....you're probably reading THIS one right now. You know you love this absolutely ridiculous thread!

Ok, I can't resist... it CAN be simpler than that: DON"T take the time to order online, open the mail, peel the backing off and stick them on the luggage yourself. Instead, just show your Set Sail pass (which is probably in your hand anyway, since you're about to check in) to the porter and he'll do the rest. Technically, that IS simpler. ;)

:eek: AAAAAAAARRRGH!!!! That's not directed specifically to you, Waterbug123. I just needed to do that, 'cause this whole freakin' thread is just killing me....LOL :rolleyes: Your solution is good. 1. Handle it at the port. 2. Take a chance and order them on the RCI site (with the understanding that you may/may not get tags). 3. Do Arts & Crafts at home and create your own tags.

Now, everybody relax and either take a drink or take a nap. :)

I have been using clear, laminated luggage tags for years. I've personalized them with photos from earlier cruises for my sailings and Disney characters for " those" trips. You can get them at Walmart or any office supply store. They come 3-10 tags in a package and they aren't expensive. . You take a tag, peel the laminate sheet back, place the info/photo on it, then pull off the protective cover sheet and seal shut. They usually come with a thick loop to attach tag to bag. I've never lost one.

Thanks for the laugh.

M

:eek: AAAAAAAARRRGH!!!! That's not directed specifically to you, Waterbug123. I just needed to do that, 'cause this whole freakin' thread is just killing me....LOL :rolleyes: Your solution is good. 1. Handle it at the port. 2. Take a chance and order them on the RCI site (with the understanding that you may/may not get tags). 3. Do Arts & Crafts at home and create your own tags.

I've been waiting for a server to walk by but the bars in this hospital are no where near as plentiful as on the ships. I might be able to locate a bed for the nap though.

I have been using clear, laminated luggage tags for years. I've personalized them with photos from earlier cruises for my sailings and Disney characters for " those" trips. You can get them at Walmart or any office supply store. They come 3-10 tags in a package and they aren't expensive. . You take a tag, peel the laminate sheet back, place the info/photo on it, then pull off the protective cover sheet and seal shut. They usually come with a thick loop to attach tag to bag. I've never lost one.

Sounds cute. Guess my crafting days are over. I'd rather get the luggage tag holders from fbys.com just once and not have to think about it anymore. Plus i don't want have to keep spending money every time I cruise (which is often) on the luggage tags, a yummy Latte, in my opinion, is a much better use of my money.

This isn't such a bad idea. Last year on the Rhapsody out of Seattle, we got upgraded. So, while we we settling in to our cabin, we had no idea where the bags were. First, I checked at the purser's desk. They said that we would have our bags by 9pm.

The problem was that we had an 8-year old with an 8pm bedtime.

I then went down to the cabin we had reserved and found our bags in the hallway. The cabin crew was a little peeved at my taking the bags up to the new cabin myself. But, it beat waiting several more hours.

The moral of the story is that if you get the bags tagged at the cruise terminal, with the upgraded cabin number, you won't have to go searching for your bags.

This isn't such a bad idea. Last year on the Rhapsody out of Seattle, we got upgraded. So, while we we settling in to our cabin, we had no idea where the bags were. First, I checked at the purser's desk. They said that we would have our bags by 9pm.

The problem was that we had an 8-year old with an 8pm bedtime.

I then went down to the cabin we had reserved and found our bags in the hallway. The cabin crew was a little peeved at my taking the bags up to the new cabin myself. But, it beat waiting several more hours.

The moral of the story is that if you get the bags tagged at the cruise terminal, with the upgraded cabin number, you won't have to go searching for your bags.

If you knew you were upgraded, why would you leave your old luggage tags on? If you didn't know you were upgraded, it would have happened when you checked in. By then your luggage was already on the way to your wrong room.

:confused:

What I don't get is why would this make it a perk for suite guests?

We always stay in a GS.

Now if I figure out a way to walk around showing off my luggage tags, along with my gold card for all to see......:rolleyes:

You could staple a couple together to make a fetching headband...:p

Or just put people people who respond like you on their "ignore" list:rolleyes:

You have to figure a way to advertise "Diamond +" and "I dined at the Captains Table" on it and you will have a winner on these boards.

That would be nice, but I suspect the savings will go toward RC's profit margin, not upgraded food!

I could be wrong but I think I read that the 'upgraded' menus have already begun to be offered on some ships. Whether it's an upgrade in taste or just an upgrade in what's available, I feel that is an improvement. And if it means that RCI must cut the luggage tags cost in order to help bring these new menu offerings to their passengers, then I think that's a good thing. BTW: If you can print pictures from your PC, you can print luggage tags just as easily. JMO.:)

Now with the drought news all over the TV.....and food prices going up what will RCL do now????

Archived