IF Oceania were do make ADULT ONLY cruising possible would you  

202 members have voted

1. 1. IF Oceania were do make ADULT ONLY cruising possible would you

• YES on Adult Only ship
    • NO way on adult only ship
    • Yes on an Adult Only Itinerary
    • NO way on an Adult Only Itinerary, I love kids
    • Maybe

Ok with all this talk of children on Oceania just wondered if people would cruise on an ADULT Only ship or itinerary

Not that it will happen but we can dream :D

Besides I am having a slow day today & bored ;)

Lyn

Yeah

Too bad only one sixth of the viewers voted

Oh well it will give "the Boss " a chuckle :D

Quite honestly, that seems to be just about the proportion of lurkers to posters that I meet on the ships.

lurker: a person who reads discussions on a Message Board, but chooses not to sign up or to contribute in other ways.

I am glad, Lynn that you offered the options that you did. I would not want to abandon O altogether but as you know I often travel with teenagers so I MIGHT book an adult only itinerary but I would not book an adult-only ship/cruiseline. I dont think exclusionary companies work out so well, wasnt there an ill-fated no smoking anywhere cruiseline at some point in the not so distant past? Activities for kids on cruises during school holidays or really on any cruise that they know has a significant number of kids booked seems like a much better solution that keeps everyone reasonably happy, no?

----------------

Helen

Thanks for the poll, maybe it will eliminate some of the useless threads and get our cruise line back to the original concept.

Cruising with 8 Kids, 16 Grands, 8 Great Grands, but not on Oceania!

I would book an adults only cruise!

I think it would be too strong to say a cruise-line refuses all children on all sailings.

We booked our current cruise assuming the dates were too late for "spring break" and too early for "schools out".

I voted yes to an all adult ship.

Although there were no children on our sailing, I never gave it a thought until the discussions began on this board. I just assumed parents would not bring their children with them.

Personally, even if I could afford to, I would never spend that kind of money on my kids for a vacation. I'd leave them all at home with the Nanny! :D

I would book an all-adult ship or itinerary if the itinerary was interesting. I would equally continue to book under the current policy. It makes no difference to me. Therefore, the closest response for me was "maybe"...not exactly as accurate as "don't care".

Yes but your "kids" should be in the age 16 range now yes?

...maybe considered adults by some standards

I very seldom saw your gang ;)

It was just a fun poll & doubt it will ever happen on Oceania

I had a free day alone just me & the neighbours cat ..he slept all day so I was bored :D:D

P & O have 3 ADULT ONLY ships but they are too formal for us or I would book in a heartbeat

Lyn

Recently in the NY TIMES was an article about bringing children to a beer hall in Brooklyn. It did expand on whether children belonged in adult orientated restaurants.

One factor that was interesting was the comparison to Europe. I have never had a problem w/ children in Europe..they tend to be very well behaved & know their place - because they are taught so! Here in the states its crazy.....even here in NYC kids are everywhere - kicking, screaming, running wild. Just last week I went to 4 restaurants in the Lincoln Center area(Boloud Cafe, PJ Clarks & the Restaurant at Lincoln Center before ending up at Atlantic Grill). The first 3 restaurants all had kids...even at the bar at PJ Clarks.

On the cruises its also out of control..yes we skip summertime & holiday cruises along w/ certain lines. But I would like to enjoy my holiday without the lil darlings wildly running around while Mommy & Daddy loll around & then start screaming.....

Oh please Oceania...we were just planning a cruise w/ you - for the quality & ADULT environment!

I voted early on, just didn't comment.

I voted for yes to an itinerary, not being able to really figure out the difference between "no kids on a ship" as opposed to "no kids on an itinerary". To me there isn't much difference there.

And I understand the few people who voted "no way because I love kids" ... I think. My problem is not with ALL kids ... it's with SOME kids. And how do you know what the kids on your ship will be like? Therefore, I opt out of traveling with them IF and WHEN I can.

Did the people who voted "no way" do so because they want to travel with their own children (or grandchildren), or because all and any kids are loved by them? I'm wondering ...

And my mother, the speech therapist, would object to our use of the word "kids" instead of children. She would have said that "kids" are baby goats, not baby people.

Mura

I don't have a problem with children as much as I do with their parents. If they are good parents and good at parenting, the wee ones will be great; if they are not good parents or at parenting, God help us!

Mura, your mother sounds like my mother did!

I voted early on, just didn't comment.

I voted for yes to an itinerary, not being able to really figure out the difference between "no kids on a ship" as opposed to "no kids on an itinerary". To me there isn't much difference there.

Mura

I don't want to speak for Lyn, but...

I think the difference is that if a ship is designated as "no baby goats :D" (to quote your mom), but you couldn't find an itinerary that you like on that ship, you'd be out of luck.

I think it's better to choose an itinerary that you like and hope it is one of the "no kids" ones. I think there would be more flexibility that way.

We love kids. Especially our Grand kids. When we meet kids they usually bring a smile to my face. However while on vacation on a ship like Oceania I prefer to spend my time with adults. In five cruises with "O" unruly kids have never been a problem. There were a few on our recent Baltic cruise but they were fine. I'm not sure why anyone would bring young kids on Oceania, however. If I were to take the Grand kids on a cruise I would want to be sure that the ship had lots of activities geared to them. Because to paraphrase an old adage: On vacation if the kids aint happy aint nobody happy.

Archived