Facebook - HAL gone crazy?

Lucy Jane

On my Facebook page this morning I had at least 20 "welcome To roll call" notifications. Anyone else experience the same thing? Im booked on only one cruise and did not sign onto roll call. I'm thinking their computer program is corrupted.

Is it really smart to blast all over Facebook that you will be traveling? Many people leave an empty house when they travel though, of course, some of us don't but why advertise..... IMO

[/b]

I don't do facebook. I really don't need to know when my cousin's sister-in-law is just getting to the shoe store.

My sister signed up for FB just to enter a contest, and immediately (and I mean within 3 minutes) she had 25 people: "OMG, so glad you're finally here"; "It's about time"; "Got pepsi instead of coke today"; "my gardner just showed up"; etc, etc, etc.

So she blocked everybody (if that's the term).

:)

HAL posted this response on their FB page this morning:

we apologize to you and our other Fans who received multiple notifications in your newsfeed from our Roll Call application. We are going through testing for our soon-to-release enhanced Roll Call that includes all 2013 cruises. Unfortunately, we experienced a technical glitch in several large batches of our 500+ annual cruises and when it all adds up, we agree, that is quite a few! We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused! We are happy to let those who are cruising with us know that we think you will enjoy the newly refreshed and easy to navigate Roll Call, coming soon. If you have any questions or further comments please feel free to email us at Facebook@HollandAmerica.com. Thank you for being a fan of HAL cruises!

I no longer do F/B. Wish I could cancel it - tried but it didn't work.:mad: I don't give a rat's A-- what my friends are thinking as they drive to XYZ Store or that "Joe Blow from Timbuctoo" have befriended F/B. Wish HAL would get off F/B.:rolleyes:

I no longer do F/B. Wish I could cancel it - tried but it didn't work.:mad: I don't give a rat's A-- what my friends are thinking as they drive to XYZ Store or that "Joe Blow from Timbuctoo" have befriended F/B. Wish HAL would get off F/B.:rolleyes:

I'm so with you! I finally de-friended a few people. One felt the need to tell you when she gets a coffee. The other one had to let you know when she dropped her bracelet in the toilet. Some people really need to get a life.

DH got on FB very briefly and decided he didn't like it. He tried to cancel and couldn't, no matter what he did. Finally he changed his location to Azerbaijan and was able to disconnect.

Mrs M

Archived