A Carnival junkie sails NCL for the first time

ShelleyQT

And Carnival cheerleaders of late are the most pathetic of them all because they have the toughest defense job.

Very entertaining to read. :D

And to add: for those who complain why this review is not on Norwegian board, well, it is too. ;)

You know what the difference is and why the immature use the word cheerleader? Very very few Carnival posters troll the other boards. Thank you Carnival cruisers for showing maturity.

You can go through this board and find plenty of Carnival posters posting on this Carnival board, that have tried another line and didn't like it. But they don't infest that lines board. The Carnival board gets more trolls and haters than all others combined. I attribute it to immaturity and trolling. If Carnival was as bad as some say, they wouldn't have the popularity they do and have many many cruisers coming back over and over. The minority just likes to cry and whine more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Don't bother taking RRLLAL too seriously. I guess he means well, but he seems to have a different view of reality than others on the planet.

Jim

To be fair, Carnival is not the only board that has a few resident cheerleaders bouncing around. But of late I find the Carnival cheerleaders funnier than most in their bitter defense. :D

It is amazing some folks would take a cruise line so seriously. Carnival apologetics, that's just too funny.

Lol. I would think a review of an ncl cruise would ne found on the rcl board. It doesn't belong here but I see the Carnival haters are chiming in. So this is just another of THOSE threads. Useless.

Rah rah rah :rolleyes:

Seriously why does it bother you so much that someone may like another line better than carnival.

For people that like to sail more than one line a comparison review is helpful. I find most of your posts useless. Maybe try posting something helpful instead of telling people their opinions are stupid just because they don't match up with yours.

my .02, as you can see we have sailed mostly on CCL. The worst of the 13 cruises were Disney and NCL for completely different reasons. The Big Red Boat was a brain overload and more kids then adults, enough said. The NCL to Alaska was not good in so many areas. The worst part and this would apply to any cruise line, at sea days are a zoo with 3000 people inside, since no one was outside. The breakfast buffet was pathetic. The MDR breakfast was better, but not even close to CCL's choices and service. We had one dinner in the MDR and again the service was slow and confusing. We ate the other 6 dinners in the "pay" restaurants and they were very good. The teppanyaki was excellent, great show and the filet and shrimp were cooked perfectly. The burgers in the buffet were disgusting in a sheet pan soaking in either fat or water, inedible. The bartenders would not mix buckets of beer, why? He just said it was the rules.

It was a review of an ncl cruise. If someone wants to learn about an ncl cruise or any line, go to that board and read the reviews. Pretty simple stuff.

I'm sorry but your comments make me think you are very closed minded. It's very obvious that the OP is comparing Carnival to NCL. If you can't see that, then there is a bigger problem than your thinking this should be on the NCL board.

By the way, perhaps it is posted there too. I didn't check to see if it is. If it isn't then it might be a good idea OP to post there too. I totally enjoyed the review. Thanks.

PS RRALL are you Sargent's spouse?

You know what the difference is and why the immature use the word cheerleader? Very very few Carnival posters troll the other boards. Thank you Carnival cruisers for showing maturity.

You can go through this board and find plenty of Carnival posters posting on this Carnival board, that have tried another line and didn't like it. But they don't infest that lines board. The Carnival board gets more trolls and haters than all others combined. I attribute it to immaturity and trolling. If Carnival was as bad as some say, they wouldn't have the popularity they do and have many many cruisers coming back over and over. The minority just likes to cry and whine more.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1649713

2 Polls

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=5144

This poll on RC board RC 246 CCL 15 16 to 1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=5145

this poll on CCL board RC 144 CCL 97 60% for RC

VERRRY INTERESTING

The OP made a lot of the same points I saw when I sailed NCL in May-June:

Entertainment was a lot better than we've experienced on other cruises, not just the main theater, but all around the ship and at all hours. But the theater itself could use some help. No one wants to sit in an old movie house with no leg room.

Crew was mostly attentive and enthusiastic.

Food may have been uneven, but the buffet was on the whole better than Carnival's. We never had dinner there, but breakfast and lunch offered good food and plenty of options. We too found the Blue Lagoon a disappointment. Poor service, uninspired chow.

All in all, I found NCL a worthy alternative to Carnival at a competitive price.

Jim

To be fair, Carnival is not the only board that has a few resident cheerleaders bouncing around. But of late I find the Carnival cheerleaders funnier than most in their bitter defense. :D

It is amazing some folks would take a cruise line so seriously. Carnival apologetics, that's just too funny.

What is amazing is how many posters from other lines feel the need to trash Carnival on the Carnival board. Do you think any of them get paid to do so?

my .02, as you can see we have sailed mostly on CCL. The worst of the 13 cruises were Disney and NCL for completely different reasons. The Big Red Boat was a brain overload and more kids then adults, enough said. The NCL to Alaska was not good in so many areas. The worst part and this would apply to any cruise line, at sea days are a zoo with 3000 people inside, since no one was outside. The breakfast buffet was pathetic. The MDR breakfast was better, but not even close to CCL's choices and service. We had one dinner in the MDR and again the service was slow and confusing. We ate the other 6 dinners in the "pay" restaurants and they were very good. The teppanyaki was excellent, great show and the filet and shrimp were cooked perfectly. The burgers in the buffet were disgusting in a sheet pan soaking in either fat or water, inedible. The bartenders would not mix buckets of beer, why? He just said it was the rules.

Thank you for an honest comparison.

I dont drink the comedy club comics are not funny i dont like mex food and well done burgers so 2.0 is nothing to me

You are 1 person. Doesn't not make them adds. Just like the giant screens. Some people love it, some not so much. There are many other examples too. Just like every minus doesn't bother everyone, every add isn't going to thrill everyone.

What is amazing is how many posters from other lines feel the need to trash Carnival on the Carnival board. Do you think any of them get paid to do so?

When I first joined......... If a poster said something negative about Carnival ......... there were alot more posters that would defend Carnival than there are now.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1649713

2 Polls

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=5144

This poll on RC board RC 246 CCL 15 16 to 1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=5145

this poll on CCL board RC 144 CCL 97 60% for RC

VERRRY INTERESTING

Yea, real scientific. Wonder why so many cruise Carnival if that poll means anything.

Rah rah rah :rolleyes:

Seriously why does it bother you so much that someone may like another line better than carnival.

That's just one funny characteristic of cheerleaders, isn't it? They are so easily offended and go into a tailspin.

I'm sorry but your comments make me think you are very closed minded. It's very obvious that the OP is comparing Carnival to NCL. If you can't see that, then there is a bigger problem than your thinking this should be on the NCL board.

By the way, perhaps it is posted there too. I didn't check to see if it is. If it isn't then it might be a good idea OP to post there too. I totally enjoyed the review. Thanks.

PS RRALL are you Sargent's spouse?

It is posted on Norwegian's board too. :)

my .02, as you can see we have sailed mostly on CCL. The worst of the 13 cruises were Disney and NCL for completely different reasons. The Big Red Boat was a brain overload and more kids then adults, enough said. The NCL to Alaska was not good in so many areas.

Wondering which Disney Cruise Line sailing did you go on??

The Big Red Boat was owned/operated by Premier Cruise Lines (and Dial Corporation). The BRB ship was licensed to provide a few of the Disney characters for onboard entertainment, but paid Disney for that opportunity (and the right to be called the official cruise line of WDW).

When that partnership ended 19.5 years ago they switched to the Looney Tunes characters . . . and went belly-up a few years later.

You are 1 person. Doesn't not make them adds. Just like the giant screens. Some people love it, some not so much. There are many other examples too. Just like every minus doesn't bother everyone, every add isn't going to thrill everyone.

Guess what you're only one person too. For every example you blast, someone can find reason to blast yours.

Yea, real scientific. Wonder why so many cruise Carnival if that poll means anything.

Got anything more scientific to add besides " wonder why so many cruise Carnival if that poll means anything ". I can keep this up all day. I have cruised Carnival RCL and NCL and would cruise any of them again. If you really read the OP comparison you'll see it's not all negative for CCL. It's their opinion, which they're entitled to have. From what I can see from your posted cruise history, you have no way too know if CCL is the better cruise line or not. Not that it matters if it is better, if you like it stick with it. But don't blast others because they have decided to move to another line, even if they come back to your precious Carnival boards and post it. Just stop reading their reviews and put your head back in sand.

2 years ago i was a strong CCL booster

So was I til about 3 years ago. While I might cruise a short cheapo cruise from Ca on another.... I still booked every vacation(7-8 day cruise) on Carnival for years

After 5 cruises on Carnival , Seeing things going downhill a little more on each cruise , We have booked Princess for Dec , 7 days 3 ports Southern Caribbean Balcony room $699.00 so Carnival is not always the best deal out there . Have read great reviews on The Caribbean Princess ,looks the be a couple of steps up from Carnival

You will only get that kind of rate on Princess in the veryyyyyyyyyy slow season. I like Princess. They may be my favorite cruise line because they play a lot of Trivia. They are competitive. Serious. Then play theme games with it like Jeopardize Trivia. So sometimes I am willing to pay the price.

they have no smoking on their balconies. My DH does not smoke a cigar as much as chew it. But if you get reported...it is a $250 fee. I am hesitant to book Princess again. He is seventy one..and if he forgets and strikes a match..I pay $250 when he is sitting on his balcony? No.

Do you get paid to blindly defend carnival?

See how stupid it sounds.

Archived