Perks for grand suite vs jr. Suite

3red7s

Good morning all.....we are D+ and have always booked a Jr. Suite....and have always been very happy with our room. We are thinking about treating ourselves & upgrading to a Gr. Suite, on the FOS. Can you tell me what additional perks there may be? What do you find special about the Gr. Suite: thanks!! ;)

We always book a GS, simply because we like the extra room...more on the lines of a normal hotel room, full size bathroom, plenty of closet space.

We do not care too much about the Concierge Lounge...

We can always arrange Bridge Tours, but that is becoming a "Been there..Done that...."

We do enjoy the reserved seating sections at the Pool and the Theater.

Other than that...it is all about the size of the GS we always desire...

The main perk is Space, but then again it is space you are paying extra for. Really a JS is perectly large enough for the amount of time most spend in there, although you might want / need to spend alot of time in the cabin, in which case you might consider the extra cost wotrthwhile. I would not.

Good morning all.....we are D+ and have always booked a Jr. Suite....and have always been very happy with our room. We are thinking about treating ourselves & upgrading to a Gr. Suite' date=' on the FOS. Can you tell me what additional perks there may be? What do you find special about the Gr. Suite: thanks!! ;)[/quote']

We like having the suite concierge available to book excursions and dinners if need be. He or she can save you a trip to service desk if you have questions. While the DL is great, the CL is quieter and more intimate. It's nice to have both to choose from depending on your mood. We like the reserved seating in the theater. That's just a few perks we enjoy.

Only perks that pops into my mind since your already Diamond Plus is a larger room/bathroom with double sink & full dining room menu available for room service and maybe reserved seating by the pool? (been a while since I have been on the Freedom). It might have a tea/coffee maker in the room.

As you know at Diamond Plus you already get the special tours, priority boarding, reserved seating at the shows & use of the Concierge Lounge.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Good morning all.....we are D+ and have always booked a Jr. Suite....and have always been very happy with our room. We are thinking about treating ourselves & upgrading to a Gr. Suite' date=' on the FOS. Can you tell me what additional perks there may be? What do you find special about the Gr. Suite: thanks!! ;)[/quote']

In addition to what the others have mentioned, the GS will get you the ability to order off the MDR menu for room service, and reserved seating (depending on ship) on the pool deck and in a specialty restaurant for breakfast. Your D+ status already provides you with many of the GS perks.

As a D+, I would choose a JS most times because a GS is usually so much more expensive. The things I like are the space, the nice bathroom, extended room service menu, and access to Portofino when WJ is crowded and we can't find a seat. But even those things are not important enough if the price is too high.

Disembarkation>...Walk off as a small group, directly to luggage and customs...no lines

Consierge...make those last minute arrangements, tours, reservations, assist with problems that might cause you to stand in line.

We love the reserved seating by the pool..no need to spend time searching for a spot with two loungers together (and the pool crew make sure suite pax are in the area....ie, this way there are enough loungers for suite guests.

Quiet, relaxed atmosphere of the CL

We had a GS on the Freedom 2 years ago . It was beautiful . It was the first time we had a GS my husband wanted one just to see what all the hoopla was about. We never did get around to using the CL . You do also get reserved seating at the shows (a certain area) we did use that . There is reserved seating also on an upper level by the pool, we did not use that. Something about formal night cleaning and pressing I don't exactly remember I think you get one item done for free ,what ever it was we did use it for my DH's dress shirt ...lol ...it came back late and with an ink mark (like a pen had been run down the side of it about 3or 4 inches long) it was a BRAND NEW white shirt which is why he sent it out to be pressed , to get the new shirt seams out of it . Oh well. All in all it was very nice but I don't see us doing it again since in a JS you get the double points , the bigger shower/tub and the nice size closet. The GS was kind of a waste of space for us. If we did a TA or a longer than a week cruise then yes the GS would be great as it does feel more like a room than a cabin. For a week or less it just seems that we were not in it enough to use all the space it has. It was a nice one time treat :)

Disembarkation>...Walk off as a small group, directly to luggage and customs...no lines

Consierge...make those last minute arrangements, tours, reservations, assist with problems that might cause you to stand in line.

We love the reserved seating by the pool..no need to spend time searching for a spot with two loungers together (and the pool crew make sure suite pax are in the area....ie, this way there are enough loungers for suite guests.

Quiet, relaxed atmosphere of the CL

We are Diamond on RCI and Elite on Celebrity. We will be sailing on The Radiance in a JS for the top half of Austrialia. When we have a Sky suite (the lowest class suite on Celebrity) we have a butler and access to special seating and services. It appears from all of your descriptions that we will have no special treatment on RCI with our JS. Is that correct? We are sailing for the destination but will keep my expections low. I am disappointed that all suite passengers do not receive the same treatment on RCI. On the upside - there is one less person to tip. :)

We are Diamond on RCI and Elite on Celebrity. We will be sailing on The Radiance in a JS for the top half of Austrialia. When we have a Sky suite (the lowest class suite on Celebrity) we have a butler and access to special seating and services. It appears from all of your descriptions that we will have no special treatment on RCI with our JS. Is that correct? We are sailing for the destination but will keep my expections low. I am disappointed that all suite passengers do not receive the same treatment on RCI. On the upside - there is one less person to tip. :)

Yes, no special treatment when in a JS. On Royal, you must be in a Grand Suite (GS) or better for the rteal suite perks. However, your Diamond status will enable you to enjoy the Diamond lounge on Radiance.

If you get the Diamond + perks, there's really no reason to spend the additional money for something better than a JS...it's got AMPLE room for 2. However, you won't get the reserved seating for shows.....not sure if that's a big deal to you or not.

If you get the Diamond + perks, there's really no reason to spend the additional money for something better than a JS...it's got AMPLE room for 2. However, you won't get the reserved seating for shows.....not sure if that's a big deal to you or not.

Reserved seating for shows is a D+ benefit. Reserved seating for the pool deck is not a D+ benefit.

Where is cruisingfever when we need her? She is presently on a cruise, otherwise she would give the list directly from the Royal Caribbean website.

Depending on the ship there are additional amenities so far not mentioned, as I recall, like breakfast in a special dining room, breakfast, lunch and dinner in your cabin from the MDR menu. I believe someone mentioned priority boarding, tendering, my time dining and disembarkation to name a few.

For us it's the extra real estate, or room size that we enjoy.;)

Rick

As a D+, I would choose a JS most times because a GS is usually so much more expensive. The things I like are the space, the nice bathroom, extended room service menu, and access to Portofino when WJ is crowded and we can't find a seat. But even those things are not important enough if the price is too high.

Is this only for GS and above? From reading this, it sounds like it applies to JS also. Just checking because we have a JS booked for Allure next year.

Is this only for GS and above? From reading this, it sounds like it applies to JS also. Just checking because we have a JS booked for Allure next year.

The sign outside says gold card only. Unfortunately, JS card is not gold.

On ships that have this perk, it's for GS and above, and (depending on ship) D+. However, this perk is only on ships that have specialty restaurants very near to Windjammer, such as Voyager and Freedom class. My memory may be at fault, but I don't recall any specialty restaurants near Windjammer on Allure, so this may not be available at all on Allure.

The sign outside says gold card only. Unfortunately, JS card is not gold.

On ships that have this perk, it's for GS and above, and (depending on ship) D+. However, this perk is only on ships that have specialty restaurants very near to Windjammer, such as Voyager and Freedom class. My memory may be at fault, but I don't recall any specialty restaurants near Windjammer on Allure, so this may not be available at all on Allure.

Thanks for the replies! I've only been on 1 RCCL cruise, so I'm still learning something new every day!:)

We were in junior suites on both Allure and Oasis -- no special perks other than priority boarding (even then the terminal was empty and they sent us to a regular agent because the suite line was busier!).

Did love the extra space, which was fine for two people.

Thanks.........I knew someone would help me!

I'm trying to get used to a tablet as I am in the U.K. getting ready to head off to London tomorrow after spending the last 2 weeks in the Channel Islands and the English countryside. Then on to the Jewel of the Seas Friday for the fall TA .;)

Rick

Thanks.........I knew someone would help me!

I'm trying to get used to a tablet as I am in the U.K. getting ready to head off to London tomorrow after spending the last 2 weeks in the Channel Islands and the English countryside. Then on to the Jewel of the Seas Friday for the fall TA .;)

Rick

That's a dream TA on Jewel, wish we could go. I think Patti's on that, right? If so, tell her she is missed. Bon Voyage.

Bob