C & A Society Breakfast

Someone clarify something for me. I was just on a website and it mentioned that the C & A Society breakfast was only for Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus. Seriously?

Um, yes, it's for the upper tier members. It's one of the perks in the program just like the balcony discount, and the Platinum and above cocktail party. The more you cruise, the more perks you get.

I'm puzzled as to why the breakfast thing seems to be an issue with you?

Unless you are fanatical about getting complimentary specialty coffees (espresso and cappuccino), there is little or no difference between the C&A breakfast for high tier members and the breakfast served to everyone else in the main dining room. To paraphrase an old America Express slogan: "Membership has its benefits".:) If the subject is so important to you, consider it to be an added incentive to keep sailing on RCI and achieving the higher levels of C&A membership.

We've been on 41 RCI cruises and have yet to experience this so called breakfast for Platinum and above. :(

I think the OP may be referring to the Diamond breakfast and has mistakenly included Platinum members (perhaps meaning to write Pinnacle).

Patti:

It's usually held in one of the small dining rooms off the main MDR, and I've gone a few times before hubby wakes up. It's nice, quiet, and they have a great continental breakfast spread, but also waiter service to take regular breakfast orders.

I agree, it's no different from the MDR except for the coffee, but it is a little quieter.

We've been on 41 RCI cruises and have yet to experience this so called breakfast for Platinum and above. :(

You can if you book a 4-day cruise on Monarch before next March. Only thing is I think the breakfast was for D and above.

I remember awhile back we were on the Brilliance coming back from a partial Canal transit (we were new minted platinums) and it was our first experience with the Exclusive Top Tier Event for Platinum and above. What they had was a breakfast/brunch buffet held in the Colony Club on a sea day. Could this be what the OP is referring to?

Someone clarify something for me. I was just on a website and it mentioned that the C & A Society breakfast was only for Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus. Seriously?

On ships with no Concierge lounge and/or Diamond Lounge there is an area of the dining room that Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle members may use to enjoy the standard breakfast fare, but have the added benefit of complimentary nonalcoholic specialty coffees. Is this the breakfast referenced in your post?

Sometimes, the high tier “event” is an invitation only private breakfast with ship officers. Is this the breakfast referenced in your post.

There are several very nice events held on board for various C&A guests or suite guests. Some examples are a welcome back party for all levels of RCCL C&A society, an event for the highest tier C&A guests, special cocktail party for suite passengers, etc.

If an event is offered to special group of cruisers, why is that an issue,

Can you be more specific regarding your concern?

Thanks, M

We went to the D Breakfast on Enchantment after friends told us how great it was. It was so slow and basically no different than regular DR breakfast, we did not go back. Our friends later said they went back and it was terrible. You did have the option to get a specialty coffee or fresh squeezed OJ without extra charge.

We have been to the Top Tier Breakfasts on Monarch and Freedom. Very well done with a special menu. On Freedom an officer sits at each table. Last year I sat with the Hotel Director Michael who was most interesting!

This should not be confused with the Diamond Breakfast area on some ships.

Obviously there are at least two different breakfast ideas floating around. None really knows which one the OP was noting.

On ships with no Concierge lounge and/or Diamond Lounge there is an area of the dining room ( sometimes a smaller separate dining room) that Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle members may use to enjoy the standard breakfast fare, but have the added benefit of complimentary nonalcoholic specialty coffees.

Sometimes, the “high tier event” is an invitation only private breakfast with ship officers.

Please try not to confuse the two.

M

Obviously there are at least two different breakfast ideas floating around. None really knows which one the OP was noting.

M

The OP was referring to what RCL calls the Top Tier Breakfast;

"Someone clarify something for me. I was just on a website and it mentioned that the C & A Society breakfast was only for Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus. Seriously?"

I agree, should not be confused with other RCL breakfast offerings.

Were you on the RCCL website? I don't even see it mentioned under member perks and is that not a good thing that more are included??:confused:

We have tried the diamond breakfast on several cruises and several ships and found that it is consistently slow and the food is usually cold or on the edge of cold. We see it as no great perk at all - especially if you want a hot breakfast. Please note that we didn't just try it once, but gave them several opportunities to show us waht they could do, and it was always the same, cold and slow. On our last cruise, one guy waited about 30 minutes for his food, when it came it was cold - the grease on the bacon had solidified, and he told the server he could take his diamond breakfast and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Several other diners joined in with similar complaints.

We don't waste our time with it anymore.

We've had mixed luck with the Diamond breakfast area in the MDR - on Mariner and Rhapsody it was painfully slow, but on Brilliance it was very good.

Back to the OP - we have been invited to a couple of top tier events (platinum and higher) that were breakfasts. I haven't been to them because they were scheduled for 8:30 and I am still in grunting mode at that hour on a sea day.:p

of D level and above, cruisers on board and it can be a large crowd. We always do it, meet some different, interesting people there, usually by accident because we travel alone, and not in a group setting together for protection LOL.

Service is usually slow and the food is OK and maybe something different, but not much different than the slower service in the MDR for breakfast.

The website did not mention which breakfast specifically, but it was probably the "top tier" event as mentioned. I agree that there should be more events including all levels so that we can get to know one another. Thank you all for your responses.

The welcome back party is generally for all past RCCL cruisers. That will be a good place to meet fellow RCCL fans. On our last Freedom cruise there were two held on the same evening to coincide with early or late dinner seating

Enjoy

The website did not mention which breakfast specifically, but it was probably the "top tier" event as mentioned. I agree that there should be more events including all levels so that we can get to know one another. Thank you all for your responses.

In looking over the Member's Benefits on the C&A, it does say "Daily Breakfast with Specialty Coffee" with a footnote #7. This does reference the special breakfast for D/D+/PC Members on ships where there is no Diamond Lounge.

I've been told that on Serenade, such a breakfast was held on more than one sailing. From reading the other posts, it appears that Monarch and Freedom do the same.

Always remember that what you may have experienced and enjoyed on one ship may not be your experience nor enjoyment on another ship.

Have been on many RCI cruises never heard this called

C&A society Breakfast. Top Tier Maybe???

We did have a special breakfast on Rhapsody (June 2012) this summer...

And we did have a speical Diamond Lounge...What was weird they had breakfast in Dance Lounge in front of Diamond Lounge...No special coffees

UNLESS you were Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle....then you could enter lounge w/ your room card that specified your membership...

BUT just got off Explorer (Sept 2012) and Adventurer

(Feb 2012) NO special breakfasts offered!

On Explorer we were in a suite and Concierge lounge has special coffee bar....(Only Suite, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle have access)

The Diamond Lounge is the 19th Hole for coctails ONLY (5pm-8:30

pm) Has a SPECIFIC Sign in front of lounge stating Diamond Event

Yes...I think breakfasts depend on ship....

Past/Future Cruises

Brillance Feb 2013

Explorer Holiday 2012

Explorer Sept 2012

Rhapsody June 2012

Adventurer Feb 2012

Explorer June 2011

Freedom of the Seas June 2010

Majesty of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Monarch of the Seas

Nordic Empress

Nordic Prince

Bahama Star

On our recent Freedom cruise there were almost 1800 Crown and Anchor members! Almost half the passengers that sailing! Surely you can not expect all of them to be invited to an intimate breakfast to get to know one another? Of that number, roughly 900 were Gold level. There was one event for everyone that was split into two time slots based on whether you were early or late dinner seating. Then there was a Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnacle event one night. And a Platinum/Emerald event another night.

Keep in mind that you only need one previous RCI cruise to become a member of the C&A. It is not exactly an exclusive club at the lower tiers!

It is my understanding that there is a small, separate dining area set aside EVERY MORNING for Diamond, D+, Pinnacle (maybe they added Platinum, or maybe that was a signage fluke as mentioned above). It's not intended as a meet and greet, but is an off-to-the-side area for upper tier C&A passengers to have breakfast.

I've seen it on just about every ship that I've sailed on (sometimes I didn't look for it).

It's shown on the C&A benefits page on RCCL's web site as "Daily breakfast with specialty coffee".

Archived