tiny purses

giant costume rings

short shorts

fitted button-front shirts (pop!)

tight spanx

tight gym shorts or pants

Mullet dresses.

This made me spit water on my screen:D

I didn't even think of those. I have a feeling in 10 years ladies who see pics of themselves in those will be doing some forehead slapping "what was I thinking?!"

Trendy can be that way.

A little OT but I couldn't help myself, just had to post a picture.

Ran across these on a list of stupidest things for women......they are BEYOND stupid and needless to say, something I wouldn't wear.:D

slide_226965_986336_large.jpg

Another thing to add to my list.

Car wash pants.....either wear a skirt or wear pants. Why the combo?:confused:

Roxymax, what's with the scuba gear? Strange thing to add since it's not an everyday type of clothing. This has me REALLY confused.:o

Two piece bathing suits

Crocs

Uggs

heels more than 3" high

sleeveless dresses or tops

flip flops

mini skirts/ short shorts

midrif baring anything

unflattering colors

lanyard

fanny pack (except to carry my key, phone & water bottle when I walk/run for exercise)

tube tops

T shirts (except for exercise)

bare legs with a business suit

peep toe booties

Things I would never wear:

crocs

mini skirts

leggings or skinny jeans

PJs in public

T shirts, especially with any design/print on front (unless I am painting house or cutting grass:D)

cowboy boots or hats

baseball caps

tunics

bikinis

ballet flats

lanyards (unless I am at work!)

fanny packs

peep toes with any kind of hosiery, even "toe-less"

empire waist dresses

anything baggy

turtle necks

fur

Things I rarely wear:

maxi dresses

Hosiery

shorts

scarves

anything plaid (that might be a never for me:D)

Sherri:)

No thong underwear. I get that it eliminates the panty line problem in back, but it's like walking around with a permanent wedgie. NOT comfortable!!

I don't think thong underwear eliminates panty lines; it just gives a person different panty lines. Not that I'm the VPL police, but I often see women in pants and can tell they are wearing thongs.

Roxymax, what's with the scuba gear? Strange thing to add since it's not an everyday type of clothing. This has me REALLY confused.:o

Not sure if it is the fear of drowning or the form fitting wet suit.....:p

Can I ask all you ladies who do not wear hosiery: How do you dress for work? Or I'll rephrase: If you had to wear a skirt to work, what would you wear with it?

I'm just surprised that so many can NOT wear a pantyhose/hosiery in general. I have to wear them at work with my uniform.

Can I ask all you ladies who do not wear hosiery: How do you dress for work? Or I'll rephrase: If you had to wear a skirt to work, what would you wear with it?

I'm just surprised that so many can NOT wear a pantyhose/hosiery in general. I have to wear them at work with my uniform.

I've been a stay at home mom for the past 11 years. I've not had to dress formally since my wedding 17 years ago ;) i've also never had a job that required me to dress up in business style clothes. I suppose if I had to, I would wear them. I mean i've done it before for things like weddings, proms, etc..

A little OT but I couldn't help myself, just had to post a picture.

Ran across these on a list of stupidest things for women......they are BEYOND stupid and needless to say, something I wouldn't wear.:D

slide_226965_986336_large.jpg

Another thing to add to my list.

Car wash pants.....either wear a skirt or wear pants. Why the combo?:confused:

That has to be the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Diapers maybe? But, that outfit is better than this one:

peeve.jpg.9d218d5642e09aa2fb5029ceaea845af.jpg

Thongs, for either place they normally go, and for the same reason

Bikinis. While I've lost a good bit of weight I still hve a 60-year-old body.

mini skirts or short shorts - see above

jeans/pants that are lower than just off the waist

Heels over 1". I'd love to but with my feet, not going to happen

Anything strapless, well anything I can't wear a bra with, with the bra straps hidden

Dresses that require hose - below the knee or longer only

I'm sure there are more. And I do have to wear a suit frequently at work, and simply hate pantyhose, so I wear pantsuits with a feminine cut.

Forgot to mention, I do wear both Crocs and Uggs. Crocs are my summer slippers around the house. I can wear them outside if need be. I also wear them on long distance flights because they are easy on/off through security, I can wear fluffy warm socks under them, and it doesn't matter if my feet swell.

Uggs are my winter slippers around the house, also able to wear them outside if need be. I've never quite figured out why people wear these with clothes. Maybe with short shorts and a cowboy hat? :D

I usually wear pants to work (either a suit or nice pants with blazer/cardigan/sweater). When I wear a dress or skirt if it's warm weather I'll go bare legged and wear nice sandals with it, if it's cooler I'll wear tights.

I do own hose, and I think I actually wore them a couple of years ago when I dressed up on a cruise to Alaska, but in general I avoid them. I wear knee-highs more regularly.

No thong underwear. I get that it eliminates the panty line problem in back, but it's like walking around with a permanent wedgie. NOT comfortable!!

And here was me thinking with your screen name you would be a perfect candidate for thongs:D:D

It's the only undies I wear, I had a real drama this morning though as had to find Bridget Jones panties for a Dr's visit and I couldn't find any! I have a whole 2 pairs for this sort of thing but they were AWOL, so off to Target tonight to get a couple more pairs! DH answer was just wear a pair of mine:eek::eek:

Flip-flops! They are so cute on other people, but I can't stand all of the flipping and flopping. And I always have to have a death grip on them with my toes to keep them from flying off!

Never to be worn outside of home or gym: pajamas, pajama type lounge wear, sweats, exercise wear.

When I wear a dress or skirt if it's warm weather I'll go bare legged and wear nice sandals with it, if it's cooler I'll wear tights.

We aren't allowed to go bare-legged... We have a dress code and it clearly says: "Skin toned or black hosiery for ladies". I've actually done some mischief and worn fishnets just to see if anyone noticed... they didn't :D

You won't see me in:

ball gowns

flowy pants and beaded tops

metallic strappy sandals (to me they call out "hello cheap Las Vegas"...)

"cruise clothes" - clothes that are bought specifically for a cruise that you wouldn't wear otherwise...

sundresses

matching group/family clothing (tshirts to "photo" clothes)

Just call me basic girl. Maybe even a tomboy who never understood the meaning of "grown up" or "age appropriate" clothes My basic uniform is jeans and Tshirts, throw in a fleece or a down sweater or a parka if it gets chilly ;)

I own my business, and our standard clothing is jeans and t-shirts. We're archaeologists. :)

If I have to do a presentation, I wear nice pants with a dressy blouse and blazer and knee-high hose. As soon as I'm back to the office, I change into my "real clothes."

The only time I would ever see myself putting on pantyhose again would be when I was putting on a 7 mm farmer john two-piece wetsuit. They help to slide the darn thing on. My boyfriend swears by the shiny type. He looks good in them, too. LOL

Oh come on ladies! How can you not love my beautiful Crocs :D? I wear them whenever I water my flowers. I think they are six years old now.

8074734206_43659c262e.jpg

The ugliest, most horrific things ever invented. Almost everyone here has them on their NO list and yet I see them EVERYWHERE on EVERY cruise.

Archived