Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

I normally would not bother with this package, but may try it on our upcoming Oasis cruise if it is offered. I have read about both passengers in the room having to take the package, but I assume that is not the case where only one of the passengers in the room can legally drink. Having two cabins with one adult registered in each could make this rooming arrangement with our DDs even more advantageous now. I would assume my 4 year-old DD would not have to take the all-you can drink package.

As long as only I had to purchase it, and it included smoothies and specialty coffees, count me in for it on my next cruise.

I assume that it would be even more advantageous to purchase this on an itinerary with a lot of sea days, like the Oasis or Allure, as opposed to a Southern Caribbean trip with a lot of port days since you will be ashore off of the ship so much as opposed to sailing sea days.

From what I'm seeing you have to pay a 15% gratuity on top of the price for the package so, if you go by XX pkgs $44x7x2=616+15%=708. So, dont' forget to add the extra $92 for tip. I wish they would bring back the drink cards they had in the 90s. For $50 you got a 10 drink card which included domestic beer, house wine and well liquor, tip included. We always bought 2-3 of them per cruise. Or do the drink vouchers they have on CCL.

I wonder how it would work with different events and opportunities on board. Rita's Fiesta? So would you get the bracelet? Would you get more after the 3 tabs are gone? Would you still have to pay the $20 for the alcoholic version since you already paid for the unlimited package? How about the wine pairings at 150? Would they now be included? Wine tastings and or wine flights? Water bottles? I know no one can probably realistically answer these questions, but these are the thoughts running through my head on this new deal.

Another interesting question....

If you pay for all-you can drink packages...does that mean that you do not have to pay for the the pops and alcohol in your fridge in your cabin as well? I assume that they should be included since they are below the drink cost threshold.

We had the Premium Package on a recent Celebrity cruise. It did not cover the mini-bar items, my husband drank a coke from our cabin fridge and we were charged. Not that big of deal, but he didn't feel like walking to a bar to get his soda at the time. We did find the package to be an excellent deal for us. We took a couple of the big bottles of water off the ship at each port, and I would get a specialty coffee or two each day. A couple of martinis in the evening, a glass of wine at dinner,etc. It worked well in our case.

Even if our bar tab is never that high... to me the comfort of knowing exactly how much it's going to cost (and ideally paying before the cruise) is of value to me. I severly limit how much I would like to have due to not wanting to accidently run up a large bill and be surprised at the end. A drink or two at the pool, a cocktail before dinner, a glass of wine with my meal... it all adds up rather quickly and isn't a lot of alcohol when spread out over the course of a day. I also usually purchase the soda package would also be replaced by this.

You are exactly the customer that the package is meant to attract. I have had the premium package on Celebrity four times. It's a great value if you drink. More importantly, if the program is similar to Celebrity, the value will come, more often than not, in the non alcohol beverages you consume such as water and special coffees. I love the packages on Celebrity.

Another interesting question....

If you pay for all-you can drink packages...does that mean that you do not have to pay for the the pops and alcohol in your fridge in your cabin as well? I assume that they should be included since they are below the drink cost threshold.

There is no alcohol in the fridge. (unless YOU put it there. ;))

I have had the premium package on Celebrity on a 7 night cruise and it was great. Not only does it include the alcholic drinks but it included specialty coffees and teas and bottled water. On a subsequent 12 night port intensive cruise I just got the premium non alcohol package. A few of the really big bottles of water, a specialty tea, a few sodas with dinner and you are quickly getting your money's worth. I am crossing my fingers that it is truely rolling out on RCL.

I was on one of the first cruises when Celebrity rolled out their package and the staff REALLY needed to be trained on how to use the package. I really had to watch my account for drinks that should not have been charged to my account. The subsequent cruise (on the same ship) there was absolutely no problem with wayward charges.

Would this include sparkling water, for example at dinner, or virgin frozen drinks as well?

Would this include sparkling water, for example at dinner, or virgin frozen drinks as well?

I'm also interested in this since we like to drink Pellgrino when dining and it whips up a decent bill quite fast (without the wine even) :rolleyes:

There is no alcohol in the fridge. (unless YOU put it there. ;))

MM, I believe that they were talking about Celebrity, where there are minitures in the fridge. At least there were on the Infinity, in a Sky Suite, vodka, gin, scotch and bourbon, as I recall.

Rick

Yes. If you get the Premium Non Alcholic package, it includeds all bottled waters, all specialty coffees and teas, smoothies (my DD's favorite part) sodas, and juices. The Premium Alcohol Package includes all that plus all alcholic drinks, wines and beers up to $12. Most X ships have a Molecular Bar where all the drinks are about $12. They are all fabulous and it's great to try something new everyday.

We bought the Classic alcohol package on our recent Celebrity cruise and I'm not sure we saved any money although we certainly tried our best!:o Whenever we ordered something, our cards would be swiped but there was no charge & nothing to sign. However, our final bill showed everytime we ordered as a 0 charge and we ended up with a 12 page bill!:D

Sherri:)

Yes. If you get the Premium Non Alcholic package, it includeds all bottled waters, all specialty coffees and teas, smoothies (my DD's favorite part) sodas, and juices. The Premium Alcohol Package includes all that plus all alcholic drinks, wines and beers up to $12. Most X ships have a Molecular Bar where all the drinks are about $12. They are all fabulous and it's great to try something new everyday.

One more quick question, maybe two:).

On X how much is the cost plus gratts?

Are they smoothies and virgin drinks or just smoothies?

Thanks you in advance for your answers.

Andrew

One more quick question, maybe two:).

On X how much is the cost plus gratts?

Are they smoothies and virgin drinks or just smoothies?

Thanks you in advance for your answers.

Andrew

On X the Classic package is $39 plus 15% per day and includes

Water coffee soft drinks tea and any wine/beer/spirit&mixer upto $8

The Premium costs $49 plus 15% per day and includes all the above

But includes Pellagrino/and Evian water as well as any Drink upto $12.

In addition any drink over $12 you pay the extra. So if it costs $14 you will

Be charged $2.

Hope this helps

Edited by swigso

On X the Classic package is $39 plus 15% per day and includes

Water coffee soft drinks tea and any wine/beer/spirit&mixer upto $8

The Premium costs $49 plus 15% per day and includes all the above

But includes Pellagrino/and Evian water as well as any Drink upto $12.

In addition any drink over $12 you pay the extra. So if it costs $14 you will

Be charged $2.

Hope this helps

Thank-you for your answer. Now I will just have to wait to see how RC handles it. Sounds like it should work for us. We might even get to buy the package in January, on Allure, if they roll it out fast enough:p

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

This is a new concept to me. The only drawback I see is hubby likes to take beer to the cabin for a drink on the balcony. How does X handle that? Must he order beer to be brought to the cabin? Is it allowed only one at a time?

Edited by LAngle

Just received a call from a friend working onboard Oasis. RCCL is going to offer the unlimited alcohol packages on ALL SHIPS, all itineraries.

This is to begin today onboard Oasis. From what I was told, all ships should also be rolling out this program on their next turnaround.

The packages will be sold onboard. A table will be set up next to the other tables offering the soda and water packages.

Eventually you will be able to pre-order and pre pay online, but at this time it's only available for purchase onboard.

Appartently, these packages have been a huge money maker at Celebrity.

The bar staff have gone through additional training on how to watch out for and deal with over intoxication and how to handle guests who have had too much to drink.

Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

I don't mean to be off task but I saw on your signature NCL (never again) may I ask why?

You are exactly the customer that the package is meant to attract. I have had the premium package on Celebrity four times. It's a great value if you drink. More importantly, if the program is similar to Celebrity, the value will come, more often than not, in the non alcohol beverages you consume such as water and special coffees. I love the packages on Celebrity.

Exactly.

I have had the premium package on Celebrity twice now and this is my typical consumption:

Orange Juice (fresh) and espresso drink with breakfast (@$8)

bottles of water through the day ($3)

Afternoon froo froo drink by the pool (1 or 2) ($7-14)

Pre dinner cocktail or prosecco at jazz bar (1 or 2) or at the show ($9-18)

Flighted wine with dinner (prosecco with appetizer, red or white with dinner, sometimes port or dessert wine or baileys with dessert) and an espresso to finish of my meal (at least $20)

Nightcap martinis (chocolate) later in the evening (1-2) ($8 - 16)

I have a lot of time between drinks and I dont always drink all of this every day :cool:, however, the convenience and addition of non alcoholic drinks in the morning (coffees water, juices) make it worthwhile.

You get a special sticker on your seapass so no nasty bracelets.

The Wife and I did a $33 per person drink package on a 7 day on an MSC ship in Europe.

I kept all the slips and it came to $466 for the two of us.

And believe it or not, the package cost us $466.

How did they know?

Anyway,

I did some drinking on that cruise but the wife doesn't drink as much as I do. But still, I'm thinking it would be hard to drink $55 worth each every day.

Anyway,

I did some drinking on that cruise but the wife doesn't drink as much as I do. But still, I'm thinking it would be hard to drink $55 worth each every day.

I agree - especially on port intensive cruises. That being said, it wouldn't be hard to rack it up by drinking better than you usually might by getting higher end liquor/wine as the package allowed. I would definitely be getting Grey Goose rather than the gut eater Absolut! I would also be more apt to try new drinks that I never would consider if I knew the $9 was being slapped on my SeaPass card.

Friends who get the package on Celebrity (and refuse to come over to the dark side of Royal Caribbean until they get a package...even though I think they'd enjoy themselves more) get their $$ worth by:

2 good bottles of wine @ dinner each night (at least 1/2 the price of the daily packages covered)

They start the day with a coffee + ??

Glass of real juice each

a couple beers by the pool

some slushy icy drink

a bottle of water

good coffee after dinner

a drink or 2 in the late evening

Easy to polish off $50/day but you'd have to have more stamina than I do to do it for seven!! The more I look at this... they must spend a lot of time in the bathrooms lol

Edited by Beth C