Liquor Packages

Jancruz

Hello Oceania cruisers,

Can anyone tell me if the liqour packages can be purchased by 1 of the parties. Can my wife buy 1 liquor package for lunch and dinner and me the all inclusive package?

Yes, the Packages may be purchased in that configuration.

180337.jpgWhen the Beverage Packages were first announced, there were several rules included which were designed to discourage "sharing", but now that the Package purchased is imprinted on one's World Card, -and that card must be presented for each round-, they are selling the Packages in all sorts of combinations.

Cheers!

I understand no bottles of wine can be ordered on the liquor package. Is there a specific 'by the glass' list according to type of package..standard or premium.. that changes daily, or is it the same list each day??

The Wines on offer (for BOTH Packages) are the same ones that are offered by the glass in any of the ship's bars.

These include one Champagne, two sparkling wines, five whites, two blush, eight red and five dessert and/or Port.

I think one question remains, and I'm not sure of the answer.

Do those wines change daily or not? It seems to me that the wines by the glass in the GDR change daily, but I'm not sure because I usually buy a bottle and nurse it along for a few days. (I doubt I'd buy the package because I just don't drink that much on the ship.)

From your previous answer it's clear that there are a number of choices. But are they always the same or not? It seems clear that there should be enough options for any palate.

Mura

...Do those wines change daily or not? It seems to me that the wines by the glass in the GDR change daily ...
Here are the wines that were available with the House Select Beverage Package on our November '12 Riviera transatlantic crossing. We thought it was a tremendous deal and enjoyed many of the offerings.

CHAMPAGNE AND SPARKLING WINES

House Selection Sparkling Wine

Domaine Chandon Brut Classic, Napa Valley, California

Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut, Epernay, France

WHITE WINES

House Selection White

Argillae Orvieto DOC, Umbria, Italy

Southern Right Sauvignon Blanc, Walker Bay, South Africa

Waterbrook Chardonnay, Columbia Valley, Washington State

Bouchard Pere & Fils Pouilly Fuisse, Maconnais, Burgundy, France

BLUSH AND ROSE WINES

Beringer White Zinfandel, California

Perrin & Fils Vinsobres Les Cornuds, Cotes du Rhone Villages, France

RED WINES

House Select Red

Antinori Villa Antinori Toscana, Tuscany, Italy

Waterbrook Merlot-Cabernet, Columbia Valley, Washington State

La Crema Pinot Noir, Sonoma Crest, California

Murrieta's Well Cabernet Sauvignon, California

Chateau Saint Dominique Regatta Puisseguin St. Emilion, Bordeaux, France

Cecchi Chianti Classico Riserva di Famiglia DOCG, Tuscany, Italy

Peter Lehmann Barossa Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia

LATE HARVEST AND FORTIFIED NOBLE WINES

Fonseca Late Bottled Vintage Port, Oporto, Portugal

Antinori Vin Santo del Chianti Classico DOC, Tuscany, Italy

Dow's Vintage Port, Oporto, Portugal

Just back from a "grand voyage" Rio to Tahiti. On the second half of our trip we decided to purchase a few bottles of wine. If you buy three, there was a 30% discount. They put the bottles aside in your "cellar". The wine staff are very good about saving your bottle for the next day. You can get your wine (opened or unopened) in any venue.

This trip there were also a few extended happy hours - 5-7pm. We ordered two of the same thing and thus were each able to enjoy a cocktail. We also had their $5 cocktail if the day. Usually a choice of three.

You'll be able to apply any OBC. You can buy it any day after the start of your cruise, but once you buy it, it has to be for all the remaining days of the cruise.

I believe the new World brochure stated that you have to opt into the package by the third day. I could be wrong since I didn't read it my husband did. Also, gratuities for non-penthouse cabins are now $15 pp per day versus $13.50.

Just back from a "grand voyage" Rio to Tahiti. On the second half of our trip we decided to purchase a few bottles of wine. If you buy three, there was a 30% discount. They put the bottles aside in your "cellar". The wine staff are very good about saving your bottle for the next day. You can get your wine (opened or unopened) in any venue.

This trip there were also a few extended happy hours - 5-7pm. We ordered two of the same thing and thus were each able to enjoy a cocktail. We also had their $5 cocktail if the day. Usually a choice of three.

Boy You are a wealth of information!

Where do you purchase the three bottles of wine for the 30% discount. Is it advertised ??

We are Canadian. Can one get a decent Ceasar on board now made with Motts clamato juice? I think see you stated that one can get Clamato juice stocked in their bar fridge. Oh for a ceasar on a long cruise!!

• 2 weeks later...

Centsable - it's sort of a tradition for us, when we're having our first lunch right after boarding, that we order Caesars - i really don't know why but we started that years ago -more often than not, we're looked at with a blank stare - but once you explain what you want, no problem! -

as i'm no mixologist, can someone tell me the difference between a Caesar and a Bloody Mary? -

Centsable - it's sort of a tradition for us, when we're having our first lunch right after boarding, that we order Caesars - i really don't know why but we started that years ago -more often than not, we're looked at with a blank stare - but once you explain what you want, no problem! -

as i'm no mixologist, can someone tell me the difference between a Caesar and a Bloody Mary? -

I believe it's made with clamato juice intead of tomato juice.

I believe it's made with clamato juice intead of tomato juice.

Correct and invented at the Westin Hotel in Calgary in 1969, just to add a little history lesson. :)

Thought to be the most popular cocktail in Canada.

Boy You are a wealth of information!

Where do you purchase the three bottles of wine for the 30% discount. Is it advertised ??

We are Canadian. Can one get a decent Ceasar on board now made with Motts clamato juice? I think see you stated that one can get Clamato juice stocked in their bar fridge. Oh for a ceasar on a long cruise!!

We hadn't realized about this discounted pre-purchase option until at a share table, one of our table mates took out his list of wines to select one for that meal. We asked about it, got the list and ordered. You must order at least 3 bottles in order to get the 30% off. We ordered 7. If you want to order more during your trip, there may be a reduced choice. And to get the 30% off, you must order at least 3. There was a page of choices and you could mix and match - a bottle of this and a bottle of that. Prices ranged but there were lower cost wines on the list. They will give you a copy of the list which you sign to agree with your overall purchase. Check it! And then when you open a new bottle, you must sign their list to say you have received a bottle from your personal "cellar".

If you don't see the display with wine bottles on your first day on board, ask any sommelier or wine steward for the list. You return the marked up list to them.

And of course, you can always ask the part bottle to be put away for the next meal. We were sitting with one couple who asked for their bottle to be put away immediately after their first glass was served.

We hadn't realized about this discounted pre-purchase option until at a share table, one of our table mates took out his list of wines to select one for that meal. We asked about it, got the list and ordered. You must order at least 3 bottles in order to get the 30% off. We ordered 7. If you want to order more during your trip, there may be a reduced choice. And to get the 30% off, you must order at least 3. There was a page of choices and you could mix and match - a bottle of this and a bottle of that. Prices ranged but there were lower cost wines on the list. They will give you a copy of the list which you sign to agree with your overall purchase. Check it! And then when you open a new bottle, you must sign their list to say you have received a bottle from your personal "cellar".

If you don't see the display with wine bottles on your first day on board, ask any sommelier or wine steward for the list. You return the marked up list to them.

And of course, you can always ask the part bottle to be put away for the next meal. We were sitting with one couple who asked for their bottle to be put away immediately after their first glass was served.

More good information!

When I emailed & asked the question to special serivces as we have not left on our cruise I was told - The discounted wine you are referring to is a promotion and only happens at specific events onboard which is determined by the ship. This can include the Wine Bazaar (held every voyage) or other wine promoting events and will be done on “Signature Sailings”. The ship sells wine by the bottle in packages of 3 and they are selected from our cellars at a reduced price up to 30% off the listed price when sold together and at special events. Guests may only receive the special at specific pre-determined events onboard and is not available all the time.

So If I can jst find a sommelier or wine steward for the list to choose.

Thanks!

A Bloody Caesar, a variation of a Bloody Mary is made with vodka, (Motts) clamato juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces. We add a squeeze of lime juice, pour into a tall glass with lots of ice. Here in Western Canada it is served with a stalk of celery or a pickled Green bean.

More good information!

When I emailed & asked the question to special serivces as we have not left on our cruise I was told - The discounted wine you are referring to is a promotion and only happens at specific events onboard which is determined by the ship. This can include the Wine Bazaar (held every voyage) or other wine promoting events and will be done on “Signature Sailings”. The ship sells wine by the bottle in packages of 3 and they are selected from our cellars at a reduced price up to 30% off the listed price when sold together and at special events. Guests may only receive the special at specific pre-determined events onboard and is not available all the time.

So If I can jst find a sommelier or wine steward for the list to choose.

Thanks!

They did have wine auctions and special wine sales in La Reserve. They also had another list at Christmas that was very pricey. The list we chose from had wines priced from around the higher $30's. We talked to a sommelier at dinner.

Things may have changed in 2 yrs but we had a sale list in our cabin on Marina with the discounts for multiple bottles of wine

On the R-ships they did have the sales as well

We are not big drinkers so did not buy any of the wine packages so cannot comment

Lyn

Glad to see Bloody Caesars discussed. I much prefer it to a Bloody Mary--it's more interesting! I've never understood why it's not popular outside of Canada. Would you have to pre-request Mott's to be available on the ship?

I conatcted Special services-

Dianne Blazquez [DBlazquez@oceaniacruises.com] at O and requested to have Motts Clamato juice added to our mini fridge along with Diet Sprite & Coke. She stated that clamato juice isn't always stocked but she woud request it for us. If enough Canadians requested this maybe they would provide it at the bars on the ship!

Is paying by the drink, rather than purchasing a package, a good alternative? In other words, what is the cost of one beer, an OK glass of wine, and/or a cocktail such as a martini? If a person had one glass of wine with dinner and say one or two other drinks during the day, how much would he or she end up spending? I know the answer on Princess and Celebrity, but have never cruised with Oceania before. Thank you for any input or observations.

I conatcted Special services-

Dianne Blazquez [DBlazquez@oceaniacruises.com] at O and requested to have Motts Clamato juice added to our mini fridge along with Diet Sprite & Coke. She stated that clamato juice isn't always stocked but she woud request it for us. If enough Canadians requested this maybe they would provide it at the bars on the ship!

Too funny. I call Vanessa Rivera yesterday at Special Services as well and asked for Mott's Clamato juice for our Mar 28th cruise. I did it because of the comments here about Bloody Caesars. Btw, in Ontario, quite a few bars serve it with horseradish which I really like..

Catherine

Is paying by the drink, rather than purchasing a package, a good alternative? In other words, what is the cost of one beer, an OK glass of wine, and/or a cocktail such as a martini? If a person had one glass of wine with dinner and say one or two other drinks during the day, how much would he or she end up spending? I know the answer on Princess and Celebrity, but have never cruised with Oceania before. Thank you for any input or observations.

Beers run $5 to $7, Wines $8 to $19 per glass, Cocktails hover around $10 ($12 for premium). All are subject to an $18% Auto-tip.

Archived