Sunday Night Football?

big aft

We watched the Packers three weeks ago on the CB. It was an afternoon game and was so hard to hear. Seems to have been turned down much lower than when the concerts are on plus there was a band playing at the next pool. And last Christmas watched them beat the Bears under the stars. Much better than sitting on those cold metal benches.

As reported on a live from the Emerald thread recently...

For football fans this has been a great cruise – college game on Sat., NFL Sunday, Monday and coming up again Thursday and Sunday.

Why anyone would hope any cruiser would not get to see or do what they desire is beyond me.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Big-time sports rule on Caribbean cruises. Apparently, a lot more alcoholic drinks are sold during games than during movies. The games are also shown in the sports bar and on TV in cabins. I am a huge NFL fan and have been lucky enough to see two Superbowls while on a cruise.

It depends on where the cruise is. Last year we were on the Dawn Princess circumnavigating Australia. Every Saturday and Sunday, afternoon and evening, they had football games on MUTS. Unfortunately, they were Australian Rules Football

Why anyone would hope any cruiser would not get to see or do what they desire is beyond me.

Because many of us find MUTS to be more of an irritation than anything else, and the blaring soundtrack to a sports event we're not interested in to be intrusive?

As reported on a live from the Emerald thread recently...

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Lots of people like to watch movies and therefore prefer that sports not be shown

I am sure that some accounting nerd at Princess head office has run the numbers through the computer and found that people spend more money watching sports (i.e. drinks) than those who watch movies. I'll be on the Emerald on Jan. 6-16. I'm sure they will be showing the playoff games on Saturday and Sunday. Sorry movie fans but you only get to watch movies the other 5 days of the week.

Lots of people like to watch movies and therefore prefer that sports not be shown

I hear you, Paul. But there's plenty of time on a cruise to show a variety of entertainment on MUTS. No need to limit it to one over another.

Lew

What if I find MOVIES annoying......and enjoy sports?

It is a matter of expectations. Princess calls it Movies Under The Stars (MUTS), not Sports Under The Stars (SUTS).

So who can blame a passenger from being upset that the MUTS they were promised does not exist much of the time.

From the Princess web site: "Movies Under the Stars®, the 300-square foot, 69,000-watt poolside movie-theater, offers passengers the unique opportunity to enjoy blockbuster Hollywood movies against a backdrop of sea and sky."

No mention is made of sports or ancient Tina Turner concerts. Many people enjoy these, but it is not the experience promised in the brochures.

I know two NFL fans that will be thrilled if they get to see some games while on board. How awesome that Princess has a little bit of something for everyone!! I know DH would not care where the games are shown. He will be glad just to have the option of watching.

Thursday & Monday nights, and two games on Sunday. At least on the star, a couple of weeks ago.

This is our experience this cruise on the Emerald. As well, a few college and NFL games have been shown in the Conference Center on Deck 6 and in Skywalkers.

And Lew- good on you! I agree. But then, for me, sports are preferable to nearly any other entertainment shown on MUTS (and that includes the very, very, virtually none "first run" movies that are shown.

Just sailed the Iland a few weeks ago and they had three games on Sunday 1/4 and ate game Monday night and Thursday night. I for one really enjoy this loved spending my Sea day on Sunday by the pool watching Football. I just don't get the people who bitch about showing it. They had movies in the theater during that time they could go and watch insted of football so they do cater to all. They will have football and this is one of the reasons I choose to sail princess whenever we sail during football season because I know they will have sports on can not say the same for other cruise lines. I know when we sailed both Sundays were sea days and there were a lot of football fans both men and women wearing there jerseys and enjoying the day.

Archived