Is This Diamond Reception Every Night???

teacherman

There is a diamond event which offers wine and soda free in the diamond lounge with drinks at a discount. Diamond plus and above have access to the CL with the suite guests, which offer free drinks and appetizers. You don't get access to these event until you reach those levels in the C & A society.

Thank you for your timely response.

As also posted elsewhere - Allure / Oasis have the dedicated DL. Blaze was used as overflow due to the amount of D / D+ on board. That is why the drinks were n/c.

There was no alcoholic drink service in the DL on the 12/2/2012 Allure. It didn't look like they ever had set up a bar in the DL. Everything/everynight was in Blaze and the Jazz club across the hall. The drinks were free, but no one ever said why, just curious? There was the other DL 'stuff' during the day.

Many ships use the Viking Crown Lounge for free wine and beer but only 25% off mixed drinks. That's the process I had saw on other cruises.

There was no alcoholic drink service in the DL on the 12/2/2012 Allure. It didn't look like they ever had set up a bar in the DL. Everything/everynight was in Blaze and the Jazz club across the hall. The drinks were free, but no one ever said why, just curious? There was the other DL 'stuff' during the day.

Many ships use the Viking Crown Lounge for free wine and beer but only 25% off mixed drinks. That's the process I had saw on other cruises.

I would say 99% of the time the Diamond cocktail hour is held in Blaze and the drinks are always free. I guess the DL on those ships is not large enough

I would say 99% of the time the Diamond cocktail hour is held in Blaze and the drinks are always free. I guess the DL on those ships is not large enough

Based on the time of sailing noted I would guess it was due to the Diamonds in December promo and likely based on the number of D/ D+ on board at the time. Both times we were on Oasis (4/11 and 5/12) the DL was open as the only D / D+ venue used during the 5:00 - 8:30 PM hours and all drinks were free. Never held in Blaze (or anywhere else) on those sailings.

Since the April 1 cruise on Enchantment is the last R/T out of Baltimore, I would expect there to be a lot of D/D+/PC Members on board. Even with the newly added Diamond Lounge and the relocated Concierge Lounge, it is very possible that the VCL will be used as an overflow.

Once again I have learned something from you...Patti you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge...thanks!!:)

Based on the time of sailing noted I would guess it was due to the Diamonds in December promo and likely based on the number of D/ D+ on board at the time. Both times we were on Oasis (4/11 and 5/12) the DL was open as the only D / D+ venue used during the 5:00 - 8:30 PM hours and all drinks were free. Never held in Blaze (or anywhere else) on those sailings.

We have been on the Allure twice and Oasis once, none of them in December and on all three cruises the nightly Diamond event was held in Blaze. There were no cocktails served in the DL

Returned from a 14 night TA cruise in November on the LOS. There were SO many Diamonds that the regular Conceirge Lounge couldn't handle the people so the 5:00 to 8:30 reception was held every night in Olive or Twist.

Truth be told, because Olive or Twist was such a HUGE venue, we only went three times. I can tell you there was NO fee and those bartenders made a lot of $$. I know I tipped very well and those around me did too. (We were discussing how much $$ they make in tips when it is moved to Olive or Twist.)

In our case, I believe we would have visited the smaller, more intimate conceirge lounge if it had been held there. I know, you can't please everyone--but the lounge was always PACKED (sometimes, standing room only--but I am sure if you made it a habit to attend nightly, you would figure out the best time to go). For us, way too big--just like a very busy bar-type environment--which we typically don't enjoy at home. But drinks were a plenty and free! And you could definitely have as much as you wanted.

Dawn

Are C&A members also Diamond members? Maybe that is where I'm confused. I was under the impression that all ships, whether they have a Diamond Lounge or not, offer Diamond Members complimentary cocktails each evening to show their appreciation for repeat cruisers on their line.

I'm not sure this has been answered, but, as I read your question, you appear to be confused about the different levels in the C&A program. Diamond is one of those levels. You can read the C&A website for all the details. The skinny is they go Gold/Platinum/Emerald/Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnacle

OK, how about this scenario? We are sailing on the Jewel next month - a 5 night cruise. My husband and I are both Diamond and we are sailing with friends who are in a suite. The deck plan shows a concierge lounge and an area in the VCL called "Diamond Club". Is there really a reception every night and - free drinks?? For all of us ???????? I'm a little stunned (in a good way).

OK, how about this scenario? We are sailing on the Jewel next month - a 5 night cruise. My husband and I are both Diamond and we are sailing with friends who are in a suite. The deck plan shows a concierge lounge and an area in the VCL called "Diamond Club". Is there really a reception every night and - free drinks?? For all of us ???????? I'm a little stunned (in a good way).

Yes, every night, about 5pm to 8:30pm there will be a cocktail party (with free drinks) in the Concierge Lounge for suite guests (Grand Suite or better) and Diamond Plus/Pinnacle C&A members. However, I did not think Jewel had a Diamond Lounge yet. I thought the DL was coming in 2014, or even later. Are you sure you were looking at a current deck plan for Jewel?

Thanks, Bob. The 2013-14 brochure shows a Concierge Club and a Diamond Club (the latter appears to be in a forward section of the VCL), but I just looked at the deck plan on line and the Hollywood Odyssey is where the Concierge Club shows in the brochure and the Diamond Club shows not at all. The on line ship description does mention a Concierge Lounge, so we (as suite guests) should be good to go with that - if I understand this correctly? This may be pretty nice news !!

Thanks, Bob. The 2013-14 brochure shows a Concierge Club and a Diamond Club (the latter appears to be in a forward section of the VCL), but I just looked at the deck plan on line and the Hollywood Odyssey is where the Concierge Club shows in the brochure and the Diamond Club shows not at all. The on line ship description does mention a Concierge Lounge, so we (as suite guests) should be good to go with that - if I understand this correctly? This may be pretty nice news !!

Yes, if you are in a Grand Suite or better, you will have access to the CL. The CL is on deck 10 for Radiance class ships that have not yet had the revitalization upgrades.

The printed brochure usually shows one ship of each class, so it may have been Radiance in the brochure, which has already been upgraded.

i feel due the the vast amount of dia & dia+, we within the next year will see access to the CL only for gold sea pass card holders and dia & dia+ will go to the dia lounge. CL is way to crowded and the suite guests ( the folks that the CL was originally designed for) are complaining about over crowded to the point that they have no place to sit. i see it coming and real soon...:eek:

i feel due the the vast amount of dia & dia+, we within the next year will see access to the CL only for gold sea pass card holders and dia & dia+ will go to the dia lounge. CL is way to crowded and the suite guests ( the folks that the CL was originally designed for) are complaining about over crowded to the point that they have no place to sit. i see it coming and real soon...:eek:

I see it happening when all the ships have both a Diamond Club and Concierge Club.

[quote name='kymbakitty']Returned from a 14 night TA cruise in November on the LOS. There were SO many Diamonds that the regular Conceirge Lounge couldn't handle the people so the 5:00 to 8:30 reception was held every night in Olive or Twist.

Truth be told, because Olive or Twist was such a HUGE venue, we only went three times. I can tell you there was NO fee and those bartenders made a lot of $$. I know I tipped very well and those around me did too. (We were discussing how much $$ they make in tips when it is moved to Olive or Twist.)

In our case, I believe we would have visited the smaller, more intimate conceirge lounge if it had been held there. I know, you can't please everyone--but the lounge was always PACKED (sometimes, standing room only--but I am sure if you made it a habit to attend nightly, you would figure out the best time to go). For us, way too big--just like a very busy bar-type environment--which we typically don't enjoy at home. But drinks were a plenty and free! And you could definitely have as much as you wanted.

Dawn[/QUOTE]

I was on the Mariner TA and every day we had whole deck 14 from 5-8:30! I always went around 6:30 when most members have left for their first seating or MTD. It was never crowded around that time.

Archived