Afternoon canapés in concierge and aqua class

lawk

CC cabins don't come with a Butler. But it dose cost you an extra $0.50 pp per day to have the canapés delivered, even if you don't want them. As I said earlier there is nothing compelling enough to cause us the pay extra for a CC cabin. Although, the gold cards are cute:rolleyes:, or are they bronze? ~ Ric

Not sure what you are talking about here. There is definately not a charge for the canapes in Consierge Class. You can actually have those or the cheese and crackers, etc. We have NEVER been charged $.50 pp per day. Actually room service is free no matter what cabin you are in.

Not sure what you are talking about here. There is definately not a charge for the canapes in Consierge Class. You can actually have those or the cheese and crackers, etc. We have NEVER been charged $.50 pp per day. Actually room service is free no matter what cabin you are in.

You HAVE BEEN charged an extra fifty cents pp a day in gratuities in a CC cabin over a standard balcony cabin which is payed to the Attendant for delivering them. Therefore they cost $1.00 daily. For 10 days of cheese and crackers you could have an all you can eat meal in the Bistro. ~ Ric

You HAVE BEEN charged an extra fifty cents pp a day in gratuities in a CC cabin over a standard balcony cabin which is payed to the Attendant for delivering them. Therefore they cost $1.00 daily. For 10 days of cheese and crackers you could have an all you can eat meal in the Bistro. ~ Ric

You are correct as usual. One could get a balcony and go to the Oceanview at 4:00pm and load up with the same snacks served by the Butler in in Suites.

We don't book CC just for the canapes. We enjoy the other benefits as well. We always get excellent service for our staterom attendants so they always get an extra tip from us anyways. If we had to actually look at at each .50 cent cost to cruise it would be no fun for us at all...

I agree with poster above that who stated that CC on M class is worth it for the larger room..but not usually otherwise ... ..unless for cabin location or priority disembark in tender ports...or maybe if you need dbl crusie credits.. certainly not for the canapes....

We now are sticking to Aquaclass so not an issue for us --I expect we pay extra as well for the canapes, daily herbal tea, etc...but we enjoy BLU and use of the Persian gardens...

CC cabins don't come with a Butler. But it dose cost you an extra $0.50 pp per day to have the canapés delivered, even if you don't want them. As I said earlier there is nothing compelling enough to cause us the pay extra for a CC cabin. Although, the gold cards are cute:rolleyes:, or are they bronze? ~ Ric

LOL, I don't know....I sort of like that extra point that gets me one step closer to Elite.:D

I can't stand the canapes, and I'm grateful that staff leaves a paper in your stateroom for you to fill out if you want the canapes delivered to your room. I immediately throw it away. Hahahaha!

I wish they delivered petits fours instead of canapes. I'd eat confectionery treats all day long. Hmmm... maybe that's why they give out the canapes. ;)

We like them. No, they aren't gourmet, but they're a little taste of something in the afternoon. Since you can get shrimp cocktail every night (and at home), why do that? Same with cheese & crackers.

We don't mind the toppings, but don't like the stale toast they are usually sitting atop...so...we just eat off the toppings and leave the bread.

.......getting your own plate of mini-sandwiches, cheese selection or sushi, allows you to pick the variety, amount, and important, timing of delivery.
That is why we prefer the "do it yourself" approach too, but in addition it provides us a nice incentive to get a little additional exercise as well as the opportunity to view a much wider selection of choices than what they bring around on the carts.

We rationalize and try telling ourselves that walking up and down the stairs and corridors to get the extra goodies ourselves will work off some of the extra calories, knowing good and well that the number of calories burned off that way do not even begin to approach the calories we consume. :p

Sometimes we prefer to get ice-cream instead, or in addition, and we want to see all the ice-cream flavors available that day before deciding. :D

If I want a cheese or fruit plate, I would rather order it from room service when I feel like having it, which may be much earlier or later than when they come by with the carts on their afternoon rounds.

I do not ask to change the items, sometimes order them sometimes don't. If I do not want them but want something else I DIY our alternative. Something in me feels to ask for different is "cheeky". I'd rather say no and then get a cheese plate delivered room service or go to Al Bacio and collect some free tapas than ask the steward to bend the rules for me - but that's just how I am onboard and it makes managing a food allergy easier

The canape benefit wasn't worth much to me...I recall some stuffed grape leaves that appeared often during our TA crossing on the Eclipse that tasted like something out of a jar.

My DH booked CC for the aft location we had liked so much on the Noordam. I wouldn't spend the money on it again.

I will be sailing in Concierge Class for the first time this March, and I was curious about some of the amenities. Do I have to be in the stateroom to receive the daily canapés? Or will they just drop them off?

My experience on Connie last week was that if you want them you need to let the stateroom attendant know. Even so, it was a hit or miss. Sometimes we did not get any. The same applies for the fruit bowl. One day we got a moldy orange and apple and a mostly black banana.

I am guessing that the stateroom attendant did not have time to check and see what he was taking out of a cart to place in my stateroom.

We don't book CC just for the canapes. We enjoy the other benefits as well. We always get excellent service for our staterom attendants so they always get an extra tip from us anyways. If we had to actually look at at each .50 cent cost to cruise it would be no fun for us at all...

However, there are other costs involved, I just ran a comparison with our balcony cabin and the starting price for a CC cabin in EC 23MAR13 the difference in price was $580 plus the extra $14 in gratuities, almost $300 pp more. Nothing, nothing that is, in a CC cabin would be worth $600 to us, even in an M-Class boat, where the cabins are at least larger. ~ Ric

However, there are other costs involved, I just ran a comparison with our balcony cabin and the starting price for a CC cabin in EC 23MAR13 the difference in price was $580 plus the extra $14 in gratuities, almost $300 pp more. Nothing, nothing that is, in a CC cabin would be worth $600 to us, even in an M-Class boat, where the cabins are at least larger. ~ Ric

It is all personal preference. You enjoy your cabin and we will enjoy ours. Happy crusing

Archived