New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Iamthsea,

I am aware Sydney is not Europe. My reference is to a 4/29 cruise out of Rome.

My circumstances are unusual as I stated because my TA decided to terminate the 1000 dollar European bonus I booked under and put me in the 123 go package. After getting the call that this was happening I investigated by calling Captains Club. I have two cruises now with the promotion and like everyone else wish the rules were universal in their roll out.

My second booking that ended up being put in the 123 go program was sold as an agency promotion, but was an earlier version of the 123go. This is why I said my circumstances were different.

It is perfectly conceivable that either the gentleman I spoke to was incorrect, or the written rules are not applied, or like several aspects of this promotion the rules are changing. Such as, you need a full deposit, but now it is a reduced deposit. You cannot pay up on a more expensive drink on the classic package, but some cruises report they can. Europe gets two out of the 123go, but now it is three. So I think it is a possibility three maybe given to all European sailings. I do not know that however, except through the word of an employee and through my own experience. Could they take it away? I suppose so, they took the 1000 obc away without much notice.

I have not made changes to my cruise list in awhile and will not unless I can borrow a computer or until I complete my overseas move. I usually do not list cruises until they are complete, however that particular one was booked so far in advance I noted it for fun.

I just contacted my TA for a cruise booked last July for upcoming May. I would have to pay $860pp more to get this "wonderful" deal. So I assume those who get it are paying a premium price for their cruise. Most fabulous promos are marketing tools of some kind

Hi Everyone,

FYI - Celebrity has posted clarification regarding the beverage packages on the FAQ Thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876 . IMO, if you generally purchase alcoholic drinks above 8.00, it seems the premium upgrade is the way to go. I hope this helps !

Here's what Celebrity posted today :

Clarification

Guests must have a premium package to pay the difference for drinks priced above $12. Guests with a classic package must pay the full price for drinks above $8. Guests with the complimentary classic package as part of the 123 Go promotion can upgrade to the premium package for $10 more per day.

Edited by Host Andy

I have a couple of questions.

...Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate...

What are Fivestar and Group X price program rates?

...an OBC ranging from $100-$300, depending on length of sailing....Onboard Credit amount is per stateroom and amount based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300....

Does this mean that as a solo traveler, I would still get a $300 onboard credit for a 10+ night cruise?

TIA

Paula

Thanks Andy..

I just called Captains Club on the off chance I could find the gentleman I spoke to yesterday and spoke to Eileen instead. She has the letter with dates, that was not available to whom I spoke to yesterday and said currently it is two of the three for Europe and three out of three for dates June to August.

For my own booking I am keeping the letter of change sent yesterday and hope all obc's and packages remain the same or revert to my original deal.

I would have to pay $860pp more to get this "wonderful" deal. Most fabulous promos are marketing tools of some kind

Last weekend a 2B on Silhouette was listed at $719pp. A "weekend rate" not combinable with 1-2-3-Go. :mad:

The exact same cabin on the exact same cruise at the exact same time, which WAS combinable with 1-2-3-Go was.... wait for it....$1499pp! :eek: :( :rolleyes:

I took took the INSIDE cabin at $599pp. for a 15 night TA? I "LIKE" it. and that IS combinable with 100 OBC from the online site as well as 250 OBC shareholder credit... I REALLY "LIKE" it. :)

I was not able to get 3/3 on my may 25 sailing although if you call the captains club they are still saying yes. Then they transfer you to complete the booking for some reason and whatever department they transfer you to will not honor what you were told by captains club rep. The customer service dept even called captains club and confirm I was told I qualified and would still apply 3/3. Don get me wrong, I understand the rules but what I cannot understand is why everyone at celebrity is saying I qualify and then when it comes time to confirm the booking is transferring me to customer service. The good news is a low level of balcony cabins went down $300/pp overnight so I ended up ahead anyways!

Beware I was told this promotion is not combinable with price drops or any cabin changes however the guy I spoke with transferred me to another department who said it was. At least this miscommunication was in my favor.

sorry if this has already been mentioned in the post. but how do I confirm if I have the drink package offer in my current reservation already?

I called in yesterday, they honored the offer. My fare hasn't changed, same price, she said I will see offer code WAV1 or something in my reservation, any idea where?

sorry if this has already been mentioned in the post. but how do I confirm if I have the drink package offer in my current reservation already?

I called in yesterday, they honored the offer. My fare hasn't changed, same price, she said I will see offer code WAV1 or something in my reservation, any idea where?

disregard, i just found the code on my invoice :) thanks.

I just contacted my TA for a cruise booked last July for upcoming May. I would have to pay $860pp more to get this "wonderful" deal. So I assume those who get it are paying a premium price for their cruise. Most fabulous promos are marketing tools of some kind

As someone mentioned, there is no such thing as a 'FREE LUNCH'

I was told I could cancel and re- book at yesterday's rates:

+ £556 for our cabin. Loose our UK Early Booking Bonus £200 = £756 p.p

+ loose our OBC =$150

NO WAY!!!

@HostAndy, @Wisisato and others:

Quote:

Thanks for your update Wisisato. That is exactly what I am thinking. It´s really a shame for an international company how differently they treat their customers. I hope that Celebrity Management reassess their attitude, otherwise I will definitely never cruise them again. As said other cruise lines have also nice new ships and interesting routes.

I do agree and it's now in writing NON US or UK customers are second class. Prices are higher and offers less. Interesting case for lawyers

I have a couple of questions.

What are Fivestar and Group X price program rates?

Does this mean that as a solo traveler, I would still get a $300 onboard credit for a 10+ night cruise?

TIA

Paula

Yes, Paula. I am local to you, cruise solo, and got the full $300 on my booked cruises.

Hi Everyone,

FYI - Celebrity has posted clarification regarding the beverage packages on the FAQ Thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876 . IMO, if you generally purchase alcoholic drinks above 8.00, it seems the premium upgrade is the way to go. I hope this helps !

Here's what Celebrity posted today :

Clarification

Guests must have a premium package to pay the difference for drinks priced above $12. Guests with a classic package must pay the full price for drinks above $8. Guests with the complimentary classic package as part of the 123 Go promotion can upgrade to the premium package for $10 more per day.

Host Andy,

Once on board, do you know if Celebrity will allow just one person in a cabin upgrade to Premium with this promotion while the other person keeps the classic package? I've been reading conflicting answers to this question.

We enjoyed meeting you and your family on the Eclipse last November.

Sue

I know many people who have posted here are really upset about the inequity of the 123 promotion not being available to them and that I absolutely understand. I can't speak for other markets, but here in the States cruiselines give incentives all the time to a certain blocks of people including Seniors, State and Military discounts. Some of these discounts are substantial. My husband and I took a cruise on the Disney Dream in November right after Thanksgiving. We booked a family veranda and our cruise rate was almost half of going rate because we live in Florida (Disney does like to keep their Floridian neighbors happy;)). It was a 4 day cruise and we saved close to $1,000 over what non-Floridians had to pay.

Discounts like this happen all the time and often apply to a small percentage of the cruising public. Maybe I'm mixing apples and oranges but as I stated earlier, inequities in pricing and promotions happen all the time.

Edited by Oville

Host Andy,

Once on board, do you know if Celebrity will allow just one person in a cabin upgrade to Premium with this promotion while the other person keeps the classic package? I've been reading conflicting answers to this question.

We enjoyed meeting you and your family on the Eclipse last November.

Sue

Hi Sue!

Here is the statement in the "Sticky Notes" from Celebrity:

If Guests can upgrade to premium when onboard, will only 1 Guest be allowed to upgrade ? Must both Guests upgrade to premium if they do so onboard ?

Yes both must upgrade

I know you and Doug will have a great time regardless! :D

But what if I bought them outright and then found out once onboard that I wanted to upgrade only one of them?

I understand that they are trying to have one person get drinks for two people, but I am not trying to do that. Just not sure why they won't let just one upgrade?

Guess its time to just give up the ghost and resolve myself to drinking within my classic package.

Ok so to clear it up for Australians I just got my beverage package! Yay!! I booked a Caribbean cruise the other day through their website. I rang up and asked about the 1,2,3 package applying and was told the Miami office will apply the beverage package and they have been mostly doing it within 72 hours. Seems Aussies don't get a choice it has to be the beverage package? Cause I didnt get to say I wanted that choice, but its fine with me cause thats what I wanted. I just got an updated invoice now and it shows up. I went online but it hasnt shown up on my extras there yet.

But what if I bought them outright and then found out once onboard that I wanted to upgrade only one of them?

I understand that they are trying to have one person get drinks for two people, but I am not trying to do that. Just not sure why they won't let just one upgrade?

Guess its time to just give up the ghost and resolve myself to drinking within my classic package.

That I don't know. When I tried to upgrade just one of the 123 beverage packages on the phone they said that the requirement was that both people in the cabin had to upgrade. They said it was one of the rules of the special. Since what I really wanted was a premium alcoholic for me, and a premium non-alcoholic for the hubster - I went with upgrading both because the $10 + gratuity/ day is still less than the premium non-alcoholic would have cost to buy.

Hi Sue!

Here is the statement in the "Sticky Notes" from Celebrity:

If Guests can upgrade to premium when onboard, will only 1 Guest be allowed to upgrade ? Must both Guests upgrade to premium if they do so onboard ?

Yes both must upgrade

I know you and Doug will have a great time regardless! :D

Hi Beth,

We'll have a good time but mine will be even better if I can somehow get the premium upgrade on my own. :D I thought that someone had said that once on board they were able to upgrade just one person but it may have not been with the special.

Sue

Ok so to clear it up for Australians I just got my beverage package! Yay!! I booked a Caribbean cruise the other day through their website. I rang up and asked about the 1,2,3 package applying and was told the Miami office will apply the beverage package and they have been mostly doing it within 72 hours. Seems Aussies don't get a choice it has to be the beverage package? Cause I didnt get to say I wanted that choice, but its fine with me cause thats what I wanted. I just got an updated invoice now and it shows up. I went online but it hasnt shown up on my extras there yet.

Yes, this has been the case from when the promotion started. There are some slight differences from the promotion offered in the US, in part because we have another promotion running that the US don't. The free gratuities element is also not offered, but the OBC element is included with European bookings as well.