Laundry services

Fleuve51

I DID love the free laundry services on the QE2, but alas O charges.

However, the charge isn't excessive and more to the point -- the machines are there.

Whereas, other lines a-- I'm thinking of NCL -- have removed them.

So be thankful for what you can get!

(Not saying you wouldn't be happy to have fee-machines although free is always better!)

Mura

We will be on the riviera for 24 days in March.

Are there free washers/ dryers on the 9th floor( or any floor )?

Thanks.

020635.jpg

Not free, but there is a self service laundrette on every passenger cabin deck, excepting deck 12.

Their location may be determined on the deck plans by the hanger icon, and there are six machines per laundrette (3 washers 3 dryers).

The machines are token operated (Tokens may be purchased at the front desk) and the cost is $2 per token (1 token to wash, 1 token to dry).

Soap is provided, but fabric softeners and drier sheets are not.

150040.jpg

The rooms are very comfy with a Sofa and a TV.

Ironing facilities are provided, and I understand that laundry baskets are a new addition.

Hope that this helped, enjoy your cruise-

No matter the topic, you are a wealth of info on everything Oceania. Thank you for your continued, informed and photo enhanced responses, to this and many queries on this forum.

We are approaching 2/2/13 armed with info and insight, thanks to you.

She who must be obeyed, just looked over my shoulder and said " ask about Foie Gras and Prossecco. There you have it, I asked.

Thanks or the info.

Brian and I had the pleasure of meeting you a few years ago ,on the inaugural sailing of the Marina,out of Miami to SanFrancisco .

You hosted a cocktail party in a your fabulous suite( with the hot tub on the balcony)

The captain and his wife were there. We have cruised many times since then, but on other lines.

We will be sailing on the riviera on march 4th.

Have you been on the riviera?

What differences did you observe?

Thanks,

Eileen

This will be our first cruise on an O ship. The laundry room was often crowded on the R ships -- can I assume that isn't the case with more laundry rooms?

My experience on Marina in October 2011 that the crowds were not there. The passenger capability is doubled but there are far more laundry rooms.

I cannot promise that you won't run into crowds! But it should be easier.

And in fact, even though the "R" ship laundries can be crowded, we have found that if we use them at cocktail hour/early dinner time, there is no problem.

Mura

Thanks or the info.

Brian and I had the pleasure of meeting you a few years ago ,on the inaugural sailing of the Marina,out of Miami to SanFrancisco .

You hosted a cocktail party in a your fabulous suite( with the hot tub on the balcony)

The captain and his wife were there. We have cruised many times since then, but on other lines.

Thanks,

Eileen

Hi Eileen,

We are on the March 4 sailing on the Riviera also. Hope to meet you at the M & G onboard.

She who must be obeyed, just looked over my shoulder and said " ask about Foie Gras and Prossecco. There you have it, I asked.

I am also a great fan of Foie Gras, and it usually turns up on the Grand Dining Room Menu's, in one form or another three or four times in any given week.

Polo features warm Foie Gras and Mushroom Bundles, as part of their regular menu, and in Jacques you will always find Foie Gras both hot (in a Casserole) and cold (in a terrine).

Our experience has been that Oceania does not carry Prosecco in large quantities, however, there is a very nice BOUCHARD PÈRE & FILS POUILLY-FUISSÉ which is a staple of the bar menu, and which is always offered by the glass (@$12).

I am also a great fan of Foie Gras, and it usually turns up on the Grand Dining Room Menu's, in one form or another three or four times in any given week.

Polo features warm Foie Gras and Mushroom Bundles, as part of their regular menu, and in Jacques you will always find Foie Gras both hot (in a Casserole) and cold (in a terrine).

Our experience has been that Oceania does not carry Prosecco in large quantities, however, there is a very nice BOUCHARD PÈRE & FILS POUILLY-FUISSÉ which is a staple of the bar menu, and which is always offered by the glass (@$12).

Thanks again

Thanks or the info.

Thanks,

Eileen

Eileen and Brian-

122159.jpg Of course we remember you and that amazing Marina Transcanal Cruise! We even have photographs of that infamous gathering tucked away somehere..... The trick is to find them :o

According to "the Powers that be", Oceania used their year of experience with the Marina to incorporate 727 changes into the Riviera, but only a few of the more obvious ones such as shower plumbing in the bath tubs, and enlarged water-guards for those tubs is apparent to us mere mortals.

It's odd that you should ask about those changes now, however, because when the Marina went into the shipyard for her two year refit (doesn't time fly??), many of those "Riviera-improvements" were added to the older ship.

At present, the main differences that you may notice (if you are very astute) is that the Ocean View Cabins on Marina have Juliet Balcony railings

022534.jpg

105050.jpg -the ceiling heights in the aft public rooms on deck 14 have been raised by 8 inches, which gives them a more airy feeling and improves the ship's silhouette.

105718.jpg And finally, the Thalassotherapy Pool on Riviera is larger and oblong.

• 1 month later...

Alas, no longer the case for Jacques - escalope de Foie Gras is no longer on the menu but the terrine is delicious.

I managed to ask (and get it) as an appetizer in Polo (from the Kobe burger, without the burger itself) - I got 2 pieces and was very pleased. It was a treat especially as it is now forbidden and unavailable in CA:(

This will be our first cruise on an O ship. The laundry room was often crowded on the R ships -- can I assume that isn't the case with more laundry rooms?

They are indeed crowded on the R ships and often with hot tempers.

Please remember to be on your best behavior - a couple was put off the ship on our current Regatta cruise for a fight in the laundry room :eek:

Please remember to be on your best behavior - a couple was put off the ship on our current Regatta cruise for a fight in the laundry room :eek:

WOW!!! Over laundry? They might need a vacation!

SERIOUSLY :eek::eek:

Archived