What is quest?

goldgirl2

I've seen Quest on the Freedom class and on the Oasis class. It was hilarious.

However, when I cruised on the Majesty, I hated Quest. If that had been my first introduction to Quest, I probably would not have ever gone again and thought it was stupid. So, sometimes it depends on the ship and on the cruise director to make it entertaining.

I actually think it is important to answer a question regarding the Quest. You do not have to give it all away.

However, I wondered what it was before I attended my first Quest and could never find out anything. Since we always had late dinner seating [the Quest usually begins right after] we just skipped it until someone talked us into going.

If we had ANY idea is was that much fun we would have attended sooner. So in the interest of drumming up participation:

The Quest is an adult game show played in teams. On some ships [the smaller ones] the CD asks the audience to form teams of 8-10 people. On larger ships the audience is divided into sections of the venue and a couple [or few] team captains are identified.

The CD asks teams to bring to him/her certain items a person might logically carry or have on their person. Sometimes they are asked to exhibit a behavior. The first team to show/exhibit what is asked for usually gets 5 points and the next team 3 points and the rest one point. So, there is an element of speed involved. [add to the humor]

[This is why so many people call it a scavenger hunt—but, that did not tell me what to expect. I envisioned teams of adults running around the ship looking for things. I was not interested in that.]

The silliness of some requests, the adult innuendos, the need to beat the other teams, and the skill/humor/comments of the CD help provide a funny PG—13 event with a couple of R rated things thrown in for good measure.

Thank you "bead brigade" for talking me into attending my first Quest!

oh wow quest is so fun to watch i didnt know anything about it til my last cruise on monarch and a lady told me we had to go to quest im like what are u talking abt what is it and were at she told me so i was curious and we went i thought it was hiliarious i cant wait im goin back on monarch in march and we are definitely goin to it

I was wearing my lucky SpongeBob underwear on the Oasis in case I had to drop my pants to do the can-can with them down (it happened on a previous cruise). No such luck.

My first Quest was on the Independence, and was wild and lots of fun. The Oasis Quest was somewhat tamer - and not as well attended! Apparently rules were created to make it safer(?).

We have gone to Quest on each of the cruises and have had a fun time at each one. The one on our recent Liberty of the Seas cruise was very funny with the CD and his Assistant doing a very good job.

Shari & John

Is quest a one night only show? Will I find out when it is in the compass?

Yes, one night only, usually near the end of the cruise. It will be in the Compass, and also announced by the Cruise Director at shows.

The abilities of the Cruise Director really make or break the Quest.

On the Explorer it was held in Studio B--where they hold the ice shows. So it was a tiered theatre. That could have been very dull because there is less audience interaction. However the CD staff [Richard Spacey and Lee--I think that was their names] are the best we have ever seen. Very funny!!!

We went to our first Quest on our 2012 cruise. Had not gone before that because we had no idea what it was. People we met told us that we had to go and we were VERY glad that we did. My husband and I even participated ALOT, but can't say what we had to do since I don't want to give anything away.

Archived