Latest rumour...no double points

The only reason to change the program, in my view, would be to cope with the quickly increasing number of D+ cruisers. On a recent cruise, I heard that serious consideration was being given to creating one or more levels between D+ and Pinnacle. That seems to make some sense as it is a long way from the 175 points for D+ to the 700 needed for Pinnacle. Possibly Double Diamond at 350 points, Triple Diamond at 525 and Pinnacle at 700. That would create two new levels, each requiring an additional 175 cruise points.

Adding more levels would require coming up with new and more meaningful amenities that would be appropriate to these levels or else the only result would be to spread the growing numbers among three membership levels. That does little or nothing to resove what some perceive to be a problem. The perks of Pinnacle vs Diamond + are already very similar. Establishing one of more new levels between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle would make those levels more easily achievable but unless there are additional,valuable benefits, the achievement would seem to be pretty empty. :)

Adding more levels would require coming up with new and more meaningful amenities that would be appropriate to these levels or else the only result would be to spread the growing numbers among three membership levels. That does little or nothing to resove what some perceive to be a problem. The perks of Pinnacle vs Diamond + are already very similar. Establishing one of more new levels between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle would make those levels more easily achievable but unless there are additional,valuable benefits, the achievement would seem to be pretty empty. :)

I agree that, other than for the recognition, the program would be empty without meaningful benefits. RCCL already has increased benefits at the 350 and 525 point level such as being able sail solo at the 150% single rate and an increased choice and number of amenities at each level. They simply have not named the levels. I'm sure extras benefits could be found. Perhaps Double D+ members could receive a free Choice Dining Specialty Restaurant Package, Triple D+ their choice of the Central Park or Choice Package and Pinnacle the choice of Chef's, Central Park or Choice Package.

There are probably a lot of cruise critic posters with a bunch of great ideas for new benefits

Too many post to read them all. I just hope the two suites I have reserved one in 20013 and one in 20014 will be grandfathered In that is the reason I booked them.

I know I've booked some sailings way early - but yours are most impressive!! :D

Tom

Must be staying in the Morlock suite :D

While on Liberty last week, I spoke to the Loyalty Ambassador about these rumors. He was shocked at the rumor about dropping double points for Junior Suites and said there has been no talk of such a thing. He asked me if I had heard it on Cruise Critic.

He did say the rumor about ending double points for "Diamonds in December" is most likely true. He said that Royal came close to ending it in 2012, but changed their mind at the last minute. He says Royal is having no trouble booking December cruises and doesn't need to add the added incentive for Diamond levels to crise in December.

I can't see this being true. I can definitely see Diamonds in December going away. From a corporate perspective, that always seemed like a bad idea to me, no wonder you have too many D+ members who are overwhelming your lounges.

One reason why I am not crazy about cruising in December....lounges overcrowded and lots of self entitlement on those cruises.:rolleyes:

While on Liberty last week, I spoke to the Loyalty Ambassador about these rumors. He was shocked at the rumor about dropping double points for Junior Suites and said there has been no talk of such a thing. He asked me if I had heard it on Cruise Critic.

He did say the rumor about ending double points for "Diamonds in December" is most likely true. He said that Royal came close to ending it in 2012, but changed their mind at the last minute. He says Royal is having no trouble booking December cruises and doesn't need to add the added incentive for Diamond levels to crise in December.

I can see it being limited to the first three weeks of December.

THOSE are not heavily booked or popular times.

I can see it being limited to the first three weeks of December.

THOSE are not heavily booked or popular times.

I hope you're right! :D We are booked this December, not over Christmas, and not because of Diamonds in December, but because we like the itinerary.

We booked it for that, but extra points are always nice! :D

~Patti :)

sidenote: Letty posted on the Mariner thread.

They have no trouble booking once they drop the prices to rock bottom, is what he should have said. On our December 8 sailing on Jewel, balconies dropped to something like $399pp. And if the ship is filled with people who can drink for free and likely have taken all the shore excursions they care to, then I don't see how it's a money maker for RCI.

They have no trouble booking once they drop the prices to rock bottom, is what he should have said. On our December 8 sailing on Jewel, balconies dropped to something like $399pp. And if the ship is filled with people who can drink for free and likely have taken all the shore excursions they care to, then I don't see how it's a money maker for RCI.

Not as cheap as the Jewel, but our 8 day New Years on Indy came down to $1199 for an E2 balcony, went up to double that though as it got closer to sailing.

You are right, but I think most people book way in advance and pay just the normal price. I usually book less than 1 month when the prices are well discounted. I do this because usually I travel solo and have to pay a single supplement, so it makes sense for me to wait.

Archived