Another luggage tag question

banshee72

Black and white tags indicate the bags are to be thrown in the water, rather than loaded on to the ship. :D

All kidding aside folks, it obviously doesn't matter, seeing as you needn't even apply luggage tags at all. Remember, that's what the porters are for! :rolleyes:

Black and white tags indicate the bags are to be thrown in the water, rather than loaded on to the ship. :D

All kidding aside folks, it obviously doesn't matter, seeing as you needn't even apply luggage tags at all. Remember, that's what the porters are for! :rolleyes:

Yeah but it makes the whole process a lot quicker if you don't have to wait for the porters to write and attach the tags. ;)

dont you get them in the mail any more?

No, they stopped it a few months ago. The only way you get them in the mail is if you are booked in a full suite (GS or better), Pinnacle level in C&A, or pay $35 for paper documents.

If you want to add color to a B/W tag highlighter pens work well. I did that once for our print yourself Princess luggage tags when our printer only had a black ink cartridge that was working. That tag only had a light blue outline box and a yellow strip where the staples went so it wasn't as colored as the current print your own RC tags which has more of those two colors as well as pink on it.

This isn't really necessary but results in a prettier tag thats close in appearance to the colored tag.

Princess tag

attachment.php?attachmentid=258812&d=1359497583

RC tag

attachment.php?attachmentid=258813&d=1359497583

PrLugTag.jpg.f1f613613ca6de97eec2409264f344ac.jpg

901327639_RCtag.jpg.f7d0ff8880e704197ce2c3b880f35dda.jpg

The luggage tags are in your e-doc towards the end. You can print only that page as many times as you need and there is no need to print the rest of that document unless you have booked your flight, pre and post cruise hotels and/or port transfers thus need those pages also.

At some point (usually 40-50 days before your cruise) your edocs will be made available. Your travel agent or RCI should notify you when they are ready, but if not you can get them from http://royalcaribbean.com/edocs

Near the end of your edocs you will find the page with your luggage tag. Print out as many copies as you need.

I plan on printing my ones off in black ink as well. i am not going to spend 40$ on a color ink printer cartridge. I admit i will miss getting them tags in the mail :(

Hey, Trev! If you miss getting the tags in the mail, I can print your tags in colour at my office, and mail them to you! :D

dont you get them in the mail any more?

No, they stopped it a few months ago. The only way you get them in the mail is if you are booked in a full suite (GS or better), Pinnacle level in C&A, or pay $35 for paper documents.

As I noted in another luggage tag thread:

RCI has updated their Luggage Tags topic. They appear to explain what to do if you qualify for the tags that that can be ordered, but no mention of the printable versions for everybody else. Why not?!

At the RCI website, under Before You Board > What To Know Before You Go > Luggage Tags you'll see:

Royal Caribbean's Luggage Tag program conveniently lets qualified guests request their personalized ship tags before leaving home. Ordering your luggage tags in advance greatly speeds up your boarding experience, allowing you to enjoy more time onboard your cruise vacation.

U.S. & Canadian Guests who Qualify for the Luggage Tag Program

• Crown & Anchor® Society Pinnacle members.

• Guests who have booked the following staterooms:

•AquaTheater Suite (A1, A2, A3)

•Royal Loft Suite (RL)

•Royal Suite (RS)

•Presidential Family Suite (PS)

•Sky Loft Suite (SL)

•Owner’s Suite (OS)

•Loft Suite (L1, L2)

•Royal Family Suite (FS)

•Two-Bedroom Suite with Balcony (TS)

•Grand Suite (GS)

Eligibility Requirements

Guests must have their cruise documents available and have an assigned stateroom in their name. Or, if booked under a Guarantee, have been advised on their stateroom assignment and are in possession of their paper cruise documents. Requests for Royal Caribbean's Luggage Tag Mailer must be made no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date. If the guest is eligible to request luggage tags, they will be able to complete the request via Online Check-in (on the status page) or Countdown to Cruise (on the Guest Documentation tab).

Additional Details

Guests who take advantage of this program can expect to receive their ship luggage tags by mail within several business days. Guests who receive paper documents and have an assigned stateroom will find their personalized ship luggage tags inside their booklet.

Please Note: Luggage Tag Mailers are only available at this time to guests who reside in Canada and the United States. Guests who do not qualify for this program can secure their ship luggage tags from our Porters at the pier.

We had a great travel agent who provided us with luggage tags, however, we have a color printer and have gone that route, too.

I'm sure the luggage handlers love the color tags - helps them not have to read the tags when they do the general sort, but I guess the cruiselines don't want to "help" the luggage handlers do their jobs more efficiently.

I don't really like the elitist sound of RC's list of who is deemed worthy of luggage tags. It should not be considered a perk. Colored tags do not help us - it helps them.

Sometimes these silly procedures make no sense.

However, if they are going the e-route with all the paperwork, I can see why they don't want to provide just luggage tags.

Here's where a travel agent helps.

We used to book our own cruises, but lately, after doing the math and finding we weren't saving money booking our own cruises, we changed to a TA who really "works" for us. She printed up all the paperwork, she provided a printout of tours, she did our on-line check-in, and generally took great care of us. We even got a bottle of champagne in our stateroom and on-board credit.

And no, I don't have a personal relationship with any agent or company - I just realized a TA can be a great asset.

I just printed the tags for our upcoming sailing. It's really no big deal but you do have to bring a stapler with you if you haven't gotten a tag holder.

Oh, and we also have a wonderful TA ... no reason to do all the legwork myself when she does it so well AND gives us pre paid gratuities and usually some OBC.

I bring a stapler and I staple it 6 times at least. ;) We had luggage tag holders the last time, but they didn't seem all that secure. I put one tag with the holder and one stapled on. I usually put two tags on my bags. One on the top handle and one on the side handle.

She printed up all the paperwork, she provided a printout of tours, she did our on-line check-in, and generally took great care of us. We even got a bottle of champagne in our stateroom and on-board credit.

And no, I don't have a personal relationship with any agent or company - I just realized a TA can be a great asset.

Wow, nice waste of paper. You don't need to print up ANYTHING in order to board. Show up with your passport and your credit card and you're good.

Printing tour info, edocs, sail pass.... all a complete waste of time and paper.

Wow, nice waste of paper. You don't need to print up ANYTHING in order to board. Show up with your passport and your credit card and you're good.

Printing tour info, edocs, sail pass.... all a complete waste of time and paper.

Having a printed copy of your set sail pass does make for a quicker check in so it's not a waste of time doing that. If everyone didn't bother with having this IMO your wait at embarkation would be a lot longer as this document would then have have to be filled in when checking in.

Also if you are depending on the flimsy luggage tags the porters put on you may end wasting plenty of time trying to find your luggage as detailed in the post link to below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36716856&postcount=29

I just print off the number if luggage tag pages I need from our e-docs and save the smaller size printer friendly file version to our documents folder on the laptop computer we bring with us. I like to have it and our invoice easily accessible when on our cruises.

One could also save a copy to a flash drive/memory card or even email a copy to themselves

Having a printed copy of your set sail pass does make for a quicker check in so it's not a waste of time doing that. If everyone didn't bother with having this IMO your wait at embarkation would be a lot longer as this document would then have have to be filled in when checking in.

Okay, as you stated that was In your opinion. Well, with all due respect, your opinion is WRONG. When you check in, they enter your name in the computer, either off of your ID or your sail pass. If you DON'T have your sail pass, they click "print", and while they retrieve your card and info, the pass prints up. They hand it to you to sign just as they get ready to hand you your card and information. The total net time difference is non-existent.

No time lost. Not really debatable.

Archived