Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

OK everybody, please send good thoughts my way. We had a major power failure at the Calgary airport this morning. NO one got their luggage loaded on the plane. I'm in Houston right now waiting for my Fort Lauderdale flight. I don't think my luggage has even left Calgary! I've got underware and socks in my carry on. Send good vibes for my luggage to make it by tomorrow:eek:.

OK everybody, please send good thoughts my way. We had a major power failure at the Calgary airport this morning. NO one got their luggage loaded on the plane. I'm in Houston right now waiting for my Fort Lauderdale flight. I don't think my luggage has even left Calgary! I've got underware and socks in my carry on. Send good vibes for my luggage to make it by tomorrow:eek:.

Good thoughts on the way. I feel very strongly that your luggage will reach you in time for your cruise.

Have a wonderful time.

I checked with the airline when I reached Houston. There is NO record of my luggage. I've never heard of such a strange issue. How they could take off without luggage is beyond me. THe internet is terrible here so probably not many updates in the near term.

Best wishes on your luggage. No fun!

Hopefully your cruise is to ports the airlines trust. On a cruise to 7 stops in West Africa, among other ports, one man never did get his luggage until Cape Town, where he was getting off the ship. His airline would not take responsibility for flying his luggage to any of the countries we visited in West Africa, too many problems, risks of it disappearing, etc.

He did fine, all knew of his situation and the ship provided enough clothes that he could at least wash his stuff. A few passengers also gave him a few shirts. He declined formal wear - went to the lido.

He freely admitted that it was in part his fault. He was flying from Canada through Seattle, where he changed planes. Somehow his luggage was only checked to Seattle, and not knowing this he did not pick it up and recheck it. He did not notice this until his stuff did not arrive in Europe. No time to ship it as he arrived on embarkation day. Two lessons I learned, 1. Always check your baggage claim checks to see it is going to your last airport and 2. Go at least a day early (I already knew and did both of these, but it did reinforced them.)

He took the whole thing very well and just "rolled with the punches".

Good luck in getting your luggage back. It might help to know that only a very small percentage of delayed/lost bags don't eventually make their way to their rightful owners. In the meantime, it can ruin a trip, so good luck to you.

I just returned from a wonderful two week Hawaii cruise on the Zaandam. For this cruise (and the last few previous ones), I carried all my gear in a regulation sized carry on bag. I had everything I needed and several items extra. I do this exactly to avoid the situation you are in. I posted this prior to my cruise and several people commented that they would never try the carry on approach and couldn't understand why I would do it. Sound familiar? At any rate, I wish you the best and hope your cruise works out.

Oh good grief Lorene!!:eek: And here I was wishing so much that you would get out of Calgary this morning I forgot to wish for your luggage as well.

I will concentrate real hard tonight wishing your luggage to follow you quickly. Let us know.

Lorene -- I am sad for you.

I sure hope you get your luggage tomorrow.

Do you have you hotel address on it??

Or the ship and cabin number??

This is not the type of post I was expecting to read....or I should say "hoping" to read. What a way to start your vacation. I hope they have it all sorted out in 24 hours, they should, I would think as they have a plane full of luggage sitting in Calgary.

Please keep us posted. You were smart to avoid Toronto as many flights cancelled today due to snow.

I will be hoping it all work out for you and your next post is an "all clear".

I have to say that all the times my luggage hasn't made the flight or was sent to the wrong airport - I have always received it within 24 hours. I'm hoping this happens to for you.

Keeping good thoughts and wishing your luggage a good trip to meet you. Not the reason for flying in for your cruise a day early that most people think of - but a valid one just the same.

Having worked in the transfer baggage department for an airline before, I have to say it does happen more than you would expect.

When we took our South American cruise my mums baggage arrived 2 adys after us. Luckily we had 3 days in Rio, so it came just in time.

Would you be able to buy a few essentials in Fort Lauderdale, just in case the worst happens? Really hope it arrives for you.

Archived