Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

one person, two lost bags that were found, and a couple of flight fluffs generated almost 400 posts? amazing. outreagously amazing. life must be going well for everyone. oh, my.

It speaks well for the person who missed her luggage for several days and for the community support she has on these boards:)

It says she is well liked, people care about her and that WHEN she needed to vent she was able to come and tell us and know that we were also praying for her.

Caring is a sign of humanity and this just shows how much we care:)

Joanie

one person, two lost bags that were found, and a couple of flight fluffs generated almost 400 posts? amazing. outreagously amazing. life must be going well for everyone. oh, my.

oh my, your life must be going well if you have nothing else to do but comment on a thread that you don't think is relevant:p

People just plain CARE. I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

If you had bothered to read any of the posts you would have 'gotten it'.

Let's wait until it happens to you and you have no bags on a cruise and then we'll see what you have to say.

smooth seas:)

This thread really emphasizes what we should be packing in our carry on luggage, doesn't it. And that could be the subject of a whole new thread! When we flew to Auckland a few years ago for a 25-day cruise, I was so paranoid that I packed into a small carry on, one additional dinner outfit, a pair of shorts, and even a formal dress with shoes. (Yes, it can be done.) Didn't need them, but I sure felt more secure. Any other ideas?

This thread really emphasizes what we should be packing in our carry on luggage, doesn't it. And that could be the subject of a whole new thread! When we flew to Auckland a few years ago for a 25-day cruise, I was so paranoid that I packed into a small carry on, one additional dinner outfit, a pair of shorts, and even a formal dress with shoes. (Yes, it can be done.) Didn't need them, but I sure felt more secure. Any other ideas?

underwear and socks. Always two or three extra pairs for both of us.

Wonderful idea, Tampa Girl! Do you want to start a thread? Personally, I've always thought about this....this past cruise, I packed what I'd need in Tampa for three days pre-cruise, but nothig for formal night...didn't think of that as I was thinkin more about just having to open my carry on to get through those 3 days.

IN all honesty, I pack carefully for the cruise in my carry on. On the way home EVERYTHING goes in the luggage cause - heck we don't need it at home if the luggage gets delayed - I don't know if we will re-think this or not but we may need to.

If you had bothered to read any of the posts you would have 'gotten it'.

Let's wait until it happens to you and you have no bags on a cruise and then we'll see what you have to say.

smooth seas:)

What goes around, comes around. ;)

I think it speaks well of this community that we were so concerned. Don't forget all the people who read this thread and didn't post. I would like to think if it was me (a relative newcommer) people would also care. Glad she is home and can start looking back and laughing......yeah I doubt that will happen for a while.

Hardly. Everyone has problems. We just like it when some people's work out.

Smooth sailing...

This was a valuable thread to show support for a troubled colleague and to provide insight into the misery the airlines can inflict on us at a time when we are supposed to be having a wonderful experience.

I come away from reading these posts even more resolved to pack lightly and to limit myself to just a carry-on bag if at all possible. I'm leaving Monday for the second half of the SS world cruise (Singapore to FL) and because I wanted to bring snorkel gear, a tuxedo, fishing equipment and hiking boots, I'll have to check a bag. But I'm making sure that I have everything I need in my carry-on bag to enjoy the cruise, even if I never see the checked bag again. I can do without all the extra recreational gear, but I'll have enough clothes for every situation on the ship and excursions. I wish I didn't have to pack this way, but it's worse to have a vacation ruined.

I'm home and very tired. I'm happy to report my luggage made it. I'll come back to this thread a little later.

YEAH!!! Home with your luggage...life is sweet. It would be a little hard for Joyce and I to run to Calgary to give you hugs for missing bags again.

Loved talking to you in the airport on Friday, can't wait to hear what the airline did for you on reimbursements for clothing that you bought. :p

We made all of our connections even though the flight out of Ft. Lauderdale was late taking off by 45 mins. Was a long day for us also.

Now back to work????? Yuck

Rick

I think it speaks volumes that so many CC-ers cared so much about Lorene and her luggage - and I believe we would have supported anyone who had that happen; it makes no difference whether it was a "well-liked" or "popular" or "regular" poster - we just cared, no matter who it happened to. Lending your moral support costs nothing.

dr dawg, we'd even care if it happened to you:D

I think it speaks volumes that so many CC-ers cared so much about Lorene and her luggage - and I believe we would have supported anyone who had that happen; it makes no difference whether it was a "well-liked" or "popular" or "regular" poster - we just cared, no matter who it happened to. Lending your moral support costs nothing.

dr dawg, we'd even care if it happened to you:D

what an absolutely PERFECT statement:D:D

so well said:D

As others have said before me, we have all learned valuable lessons from Laurene's misfortunes. I do not know her personally but it is obvious to me that others do - whether it be by cruising or just here on CC. Why someone needs to add insult to injury is beyond me. Welcome home Laurene.

Lorekauf,

I feel so badly for you. I always look forward to dressing up on cruises. I would surely be very unhappy if I didn't get my luggage before sailing. I hope you are having a good cruise otherwise. Here's hoping for the best.

Linda

And I knew to look for it because I was on the same cruise and Lorene told me that she had started the thread.

Believe me when I say that Lorene handled her situation with more class and grace than I (and probably many of us) would have. Lorene, I'm really glad that everything finally worked out for you, although you certainly didn't need the additional post-cruise headaches. I think between your luggage issues and my health issues, we both need a do-over!

Get some well-deserved rest!

Lorene, I am so happy to hear you and your luggage are safely home.

I imagine home never looked so good to you post vacation than it does today.

Get some rest and deal with all the 'come home' details when you are up to it.

Happy to know you are in our own home now. :)

We took that tour last year and it was wonderful. The De Paz Rum Distillery and the grounds overlooking the ocean were amazing. However, we did not see the top of Mt. Pelee as it was cloud covered.

I believe you were the cc member that suggested it to me. I loved the tour. Thank you!

Archived