Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

So glad you can relax and enjoy the rest of your trip now.

Keep all the receipts for purchases you had to make and submit them to the airline when you get home. They will reimburse you and probably give you some extra FF miles for your inconvenience and angst.

LindaM you are amazing. Thank you for telling your story. I'm really touched.

I'm happy to report that my second bag make it on the ship late today in Barbados. I have jammies, slippers, hair products and some more blouses:D.

Thanks Rick for those kind words. I did need those hugs.

Hooray!!

I am so happy to read that you got your other suitcase.

I'm happy to report that my second bag make it on the ship late today in Barbados. I have jammies, slippers, hair products and some more blouses:D.

It's about dam time:D wonderful news - thanks for letting us know - now you can have a dam good cruise (or what's left):)

Congratulations! In a big way your cruise is now really beginning.

Roy

We are on the cruise with Lorene and to say the least she is a lot better after getting at least one of her suitcases...:). Everytime we see her on deck she at least has a smile on her face now....which is nice to see. As tough as it was the first few days she is a trooper. Joyce and I saw her as she got on ship with out the luggage and boy did she need a few hugs.

Lorene, It has been a delight talking with you on ship and seeing how well you handle this "MESS" even if you don't think you have. I think you have!!!!

Rick & Joyce

You guys have been cruising together a lot since the Panama Canal trip--wish we could do that too!! Nice that Rick and Joyce were there for Lorene. Have you all organized a wine crawl where rick brings a bottle of special wine??

Glad all people and luggage have finally been reunited and peace reigns once again--have a great time.

ML

Doing the happy dance - glad you have the rest of your luggage.

image.php?u=4553&dateline=1088128113

I had a wonderful day today. Did an excellent tour in Martinique today thx for the tip from a cc member. Topped the day off with the vip party under the stars tonight. The day was the perfect way to forget the stress of the last number of days. I'm loving having all my pretty clothes:D:D.

I had a wonderful day today. Did an excellent tour in Martinique today thx for the tip from a cc member. Topped the day off with the vip party under the stars tonight. The day was the perfect way to forget the stress of the last number of days. I'm loving having all my pretty clothes:D:D.

You should book the next sailing to celebrate your luggage arrival. :)

Oooh, Martinique is pretty! Glad you had a good day.

I held my breath when I clicked on this thread today. I'm happy your bag finally caught up with you. I hope you dressed to the nines for your vip party, now that you have your full wardrobe.

Just an update. Today is Saint Martin. I still have no luggage. I guess I should have gotten to FLL a month before my holiday. The last year has been very harsh and I really don't need this. At this point I feel very defeated and angry. This is a huge waste of my holidays and no one s/b treated this way by an airline. They s/b ashamed of themselves.

For anyone that is trying to email to my sahw account I can't get into it. If you want you can try

lorekauf at hotmail dot com

Take a deep breath Loreen and try not to let this defeat the purpose of the cruise!!!

Keep repeating, "I am better than this and IT AINT GONNA RUIN MY CRUISE!!"

I've not posted before now as I thought I'd wait until you got home and would wait for you to update the thread..........BUT....I had to read it (I'm only on page 5 of 10:eek:) to see why there are almost 400 replies:eek:

Get your positive attitude back and enjoy the cruise!! Believe me, I know about hard years and how they can affect a person. Do not let this be the snapping point!!

Joanie

I want to report that I have one piece of my luggage. I don't know where the other one is and at this point I'm over the moon about having one. HAL has been simply AMAZING and I doubt I'd even have had one by now if it wasn't for them. It was sitting at the Delta counter at St Martin. I have no idea why. I'm on the ship so I won't get back on this thread until I find cheap internet. Thanks everyone for the support. You'll never know how much it's meant to me.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Joanie

yippeee!!! now, relax and really start to enjoy the cruise. Wish i was there to buy you a glass of wine to celebrate;)

If it makes you feel any better, I am sitting at home freezing after 6" of snow last night. Nothing like Calgary but a lot for Albuquerque.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise

ML

YOU'RE the guilty ones that got snow!!!:D Seriously, we got not even one snow flake over here by Ladera Golf Course:( I kept checking when the news was reporting the snow fall in town and street was a dry as could be:( I'M JEALOUS!!!

Joanie

Photographers are aghast at "turnaround look" of passenger and can't stop taking pictures of her!!! All of a sudden her style has changed, very fashionable and there is a smile on her beaming face --- oh look it is our friend, Lorene!!!

Glad you got your luggage back -- now enjoy your cruise. Vicki

:)

Since so many feel the need to interpret my post as "nasty" or "unsympathetic" I would like to respond.

I did not see it as such!!

My comment centered on the word "disaster" being used to describe the lost bag experience. (And by the way, it was not Lorekauf, the original poster, who used the word "disaster.") I was simply pointing out that while the situation would most definitely be difficult, challenging, hard to swallow, disappointing, and a MAJOR inconvenience, the reaction on this thread seemed a bit overdramatic with the reference to it being a "disaster."

To me, learning that my 12 year old nephew had been diagnosed with leukemia - THAT was disasterous; hearing that my childhood neighbor and family friend had been shot to death by her abusive ex-husband - THAT was disasterous. I'm sure each and every one of you have experienced your own disasters in life, and I am in no way trying to minimize that. As the OP pointed out, no one knows what is going on in someone else's life, and they shouldn't make assumptions.

With that being said, I am most certainly sympathetic to Lorekauf's position. It is definitely not something I would want to experience either. Did you not read the last line of my post??? I was rooting for her to get her bags right along with the rest of you. And I am hoping bag #2 makes it to Barbados.

Sorry that so many of you chose to interpret my post as something that it was not. It had nothing to do with the situation at hand, and everything to do with what I consider an over the top reaction by referring to the lost luggage as a "disaster. No disrespect meant, Lorekauf - I hope you thoroughly enjoy the remainder of your cruise - with or without the second bag.

So there you have it folks - pile on if you want, have at it.

AIP, I never thought for a second that you were being sarcastic/nasty or unsympathetic to Lorekauf's situation!!

I also see the word "Disaster" used for this as the wrong word that was used by whoever used it first (so many posts, I cannot remember.)

Disaster was the Triumph, Splendor, Super Storm Sandy and other such disasters.

Unfortunate as this was to Lorene (sorry I spelled it wrong earlier Lore) I think that she has more than likely dealt with it in her own strong way, which is a good thing people!! She is a strong lady and will prevail with or without the remaining uggage:)

I think as we've seen so much of lately, that people will read into a comment what they want to see, whether or not it is what it was or not. No matter what we might say to try and clarify the miss-assumption...it will never be understood in the way we wanted it to come across.

As a for instance; for once I understaood exactly what Ward meant when he said it. I did not see it as an affront to Lorene, but I saw it as he had nt read all of the posts and did not realize she had just started the cruise, so had not answered yet. Others took it differently. Normal for a forum such as ours.

I will not "Pile" it on because I see no need to. You said nothing wrong as far as I read it:)

Joanie

Excellent to hear!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanie

Archived